Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

maximoose wrote: »
    None. Just make sure to disable Paypals crap currency converter

Yeah i'll be paying in GBP, that was the idea. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry if it's already been asked, but I would like to link my revolut card to my PayPal account for withdrawal purposes.

Ie, when I receive PayPal funds, I would like to be able to transfer them to revolut.

I've successfully linked my revolut card to the PayPal account, but this will only let me pay for things through PayPal, but for some reason PayPal won't accept the IBAN number revolut are listing for my account.

I'm selecting UK as the country, but its saying the IBAN number needs to be 22 digits long which it is.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

Sorry if it's already been asked, but I would like to link my revolut card to my PayPal account for withdrawal purposes.

Ie, when I receive PayPal funds, I would like to be able to transfer them to revolut.

I've successfully linked my revolut card to the PayPal account, but this will only let me pay for things through PayPal, but for some reason PayPal won't accept the IBAN number revolut are listing for my account.

I'm selecting UK as the country, but its saying the IBAN number needs to be 22 digits long which it is.

Anyone any ideas?

Mine was accepted... and works fine. did you try paypal support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

lehe8707 wrote: »
    Mine was accepted... and works fine. did you try paypal support?

No, never tried PayPal support.

Can I just ask what method you used to enter IBAN details?

Edit, nevermind that - sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Has anybody had any issues with AIB and Revolut? I've managed to top up my Revolut account with my UK account, but my AIB one just says that it's sending me a code, which never delivers. I can't find anything in particular about AIB and Revolut not working as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Has anybody had any issues with AIB and Revolut? I've managed to top up my Revolut account with my UK account, but my AIB one just says that it's sending me a code, which never delivers. I can't find anything in particular about AIB and Revolut not working as expected.

Worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Worked for me.

Lame! And it made you do the text confirmation yoke too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Lame! And it made you do the text confirmation yoke too?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You will see a new T&C notification when you log on.

If you use the person IBAN number for your EUR account it is crucial that you go in the accounts and re-activate the account number, it looks like either due to a bug or on purpose, the account might not longer be active. It's not clear yet what happened but some people reported issue with the IBAN until they re-activated the account.

So better safe then sorry.

If you use the UK account, you also need to go an re-activate it, for me the UK account number changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Whats the rough timeline when using the card through PayPal for a refund to show back in the Revolut account. TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

So I recently opened up a Revolut Euro account which they say now supports SEPA direct debits. I was given an IBAN that begins with GB. I thought nothing of it as IBAN's from anywhere around Europe should be accepted now.

I set up direct debits with Eir, Virgin Media and Odeon. All of the direct debits failed using the Revolut IBAN. I don't know who is at fault. I don't know f it's these three companies discriminating against a foreign IBAN or else Revolut haven't set up their direct debits properly. Whatever the issue is, it has been a total f*** up and now I have to go back to the bother of setting up the direct debits again on my old account. Anyone else tried direct debits from the Euro Account on Revolut?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks. Pain in the hole. Don't want to do a SO!

Looks like Revoult may not be for me (not their fault) - They have offered to refund my 10eur top up and cancel my account.

Although, I think i'll keep it as i'll save a few quid when purchasing from UK.

I presume there's no issues using Revoult card with PayPal?

Why not just add your debit card to the app, its by far the handiest way to top up etc. its instant and it saves your card (or multiple card) details also so even if you don't have your debit card (AIB in your case) to hand you can still top up.

Don't see a reason for using a bank transfer instead of direct top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Why not just add your debit card to the app, its by far the handiest way to top up etc. its instant and it saves your card (or multiple card) details also so even if you don't have your debit card (AIB in your case) to hand you can still top up.

They have a business debit card which Revolut charge fees for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

TheChizler wrote: »
    They have a business debit card which Revolut charge fees for.

This! Getting a personal a/c with a personal debit card would probably negate any savings, given the bank will charge fees for another account.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    This! Getting a personal a/c with a personal debit card would probably negate any savings, given the bank will charge fees for another account.

Fair enough, neither of my two personal current a/c have any fees whatsoever so not an issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looked up revolut.com and while they mention my issue, they don't mention a fix for it.

I am trying to add a prepay citi VISA card but it says "postcode is invalid, please change it before continuing."

I've checked and the postcode on my card is what I'm trying to input.

Also tried my proper credit card and same issue.

Tried to verify using the camera option and despite the border being solid green, it does not scan.

Anyone else get the same?
    How did you resolve it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think I had to change my postcode recently to my Eircode after I got a warning that the old Dublin post code wasn’t valid

Not sure about the scan. Just try different lighting or positioning maybe or an app reinstall?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

-=al=- wrote: »
    I think I had to change my postcode recently to my Eircode after I got a warning that the old Dublin post code wasn’t valid

Not sure about the scan. Just try different lighting or positioning maybe or an app reinstall?

Thanks, got past the postcode issue using my eircode.

Was declined, possibly because it's a pre-paid card.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Noticed a new Visa card has appeared in my account, alongside my existing Visa and Mastercard. New card number and expiry date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Quackster wrote: »
    Noticed a new Visa card has appeared in my account, alongside my existing Visa and Mastercard. New card number and expiry date.

Same here. Had you applied for a new card because of their TfL problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are releasing a metal card next month, and looking for help naming it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

J_A_F_A wrote: »

Yep. I guess it should arrive in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Same here. Will both cards be valid I wonder or will using the new Visa card automatically cancel the old Mastercard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Same here. Will both cards be valid I wonder or will using the new Visa card automatically cancel the old Mastercard?

You can use both individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I applied for the Visa card as they said Mastercard wouldn't work on TFL. Both cards are now showing in the app :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Hi, plan on going to America for the next 2 months would it ideal be using this card for the next 2 months or ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

brijay wrote: »
    Hi, plan on going to America for the next 2 months would it ideal be using this card for the next 2 months or ?

Perfect for the 'States - just need to have a back up card - as there were occasions when it didnt work for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Perfect for the 'States - just need to have a back up card - as there were occasions when it didnt work for me .

I'd some issues with a few vendors a couple of years ago. Is it possible to take out cash in the US on the revolut at all or does it incur fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭TheChizler

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd some issues with a few vendors a couple of years ago. Is it possible to take out cash in the US on the revolut at all or does it incur fees?
    It's the same as any other card in terms of fees (up to $200) i.e. free. The individual ATM may charge a fee or not, ones attached to banks generally won't while third party ones in shops probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's the same as any other card in terms of fees (up to $200) i.e. free. The individual ATM may charge a fee or not, ones attached to banks generally won't while third party ones in shops probably will.

thanks, IIRC they advise you of the fee upfront.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement