Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Im open to correction but only vendors that display google pay will allow for this? Tesco wouldn't allow me so its not a guarantee everywhere.

If the terminal doesn't support it it won'the display the contactless symbol and you can't even attempt it. I've only ever been prompted for my pin when smart lock has kept your phone unlocked so you're actually unlocking your phone with the security prompt, not authorising a transaction specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

TheChizler wrote: »
    If the terminal doesn't support it it won'the display the contactless symbol and you can't even attempt it. I've only ever been prompted for my pin when smart lock has kept your phone unlocked so you're actually unlocking your phone with the security prompt, not authorising a transaction specifically.

I dont mean the contactless symbol but ive seen on terminals in lidl and applegreen a cardboard google pay acceptancd sign placed on top of the terminal screen , im guessing this means you can go over the 30 eur contactless limit. When i did my 50euro google pay transaction in Applegreen my phone was already unlocked but i was still required to re-enter thr pattern passcode for additional security, amounts under 30euro do not require this when screen is already unlocked.

Sorry I read your response as a response to another post in my mind. I don't think the apple or google/android pay symbol makes a difference (it definitely doesn't in terms of the below €30 transactions) but you know you might be on to something there, that it might imply the limit is removed.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Sorry I read your response as a response to another post in my mind. I don't think the apple or google/android pay symbol makes a difference (it definitely doesn't in terms of the below €30 transactions) but you know you might be on to something there, that it might imply the limit is removed.
    No worries,yeah im only still learning through trial and error meself paying for diff amounts in diff places, i still wouldnt be confident enough to leave wallet at home like a previous post suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Used my virtual card for a large enough payment on Amazon ( only ever been small amounts before) Revolut froze my card for security reasons and payment was declined. I unfroze the card as prompted will this mean the payment will go through OK next time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

NATLOR wrote: »
    Used my virtual card for a large enough payment on Amazon ( only ever been small amounts before) Revolut froze my card for security reasons and payment was declined. I unfroze the card as prompted will this mean the payment will go through OK next time?
    If it's like my transaction, amazon tried to get funds 3 times and my balance was deducted 3 times but a few days later it was returned, well 2 transactions were, the third paid for the stuff I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Is this Revolut card for good online purchases in different currencies?

ie, for Amazon UK, or US website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The Haven wrote: »
    Is this Revolut card for good online purchases in different currencies?

ie, for Amazon UK, or US website

Yes. Download the app and you'll get a virtual card you can use online, have to pay for a physical card

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Cheers.

As this is how I use my credit card for online purchases mostly, and am looking for cheaper fees with a card like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Used my phone for a contactless payment with Revolut through Google pay. Worked and instantly gave me all the info of how much I spent and where. Unlike with the actual card where it doesn't show up for a day or so. Any downside to using Revolut for this all the time instead of the card? Fees etc after a certain amount?

• Advertisement

That's cause Google pay is closer to a chip and pin transaction than contactless from your bank's point if view. If you use the Revolut chip and pin it would show up straight away. Very few places don't live authorise contactless payments these days either IME. No disadvantage to doing what you're saying, there's no charge for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Got my card this morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

keano25 wrote: »
    Got my card this morning..

Nice, how long did it take from the time you ordered? Just ordered my card last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

14th of July ordered so 9 days..

Unfortunately google pay isn't working with the card. But have made to transactions using pin today no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Davy wrote: »
    I was able to add the Mastercard without any problem going directly to Google Pay and adding the card without adding it the google account.

I successfully added the Revolut Mastercard to Google Pay today also. Part of the process involved verifying the card with "your bank", this was after an initial test charge of 0.00 and required me to confirm my phone number to receive a confirmation code by text from Revolut.

I also tried adding my VISA Revolut card but like others was unable to.

Happy Days....More ways to spend money!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

on www.apple.com/fr/apple-pay near the bottom it mentions that Revolut will be available soon on Revolut.

Does thismean it will be support by apple across the world or just in France

[Removed Image]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

At the end of April, I got an email from Revolut saying they were sending out replacement cards to those affected by Tfl payment issues. Still haven't received the card nor has my girlfriend.

Anybody else get this email and received the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Benzino wrote: »
    At the end of April, I got an email from Revolution saying they were sending out replacement cards to those affected by Tfl payment issues. Still haven't received the card not had my girlfriend.

Got it ages ago. Early June maybe?

Interesting, guess I will have to get on to them then, thanks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Benzino wrote: »
    At the end of April, I got an email from Revolut saying they were sending out replacement cards to those affected by Tfl payment issues. Still haven't received the card nor has my girlfriend.

You'll find that the link in the email regarding the TfL issue has expired. Contact support and explain the situation. They'll tell you to order another card and they'll refund the charges.

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    You'll find that the link in the email regarding the TfL issue has expired. Contact support and explain the situation. They'll tell you to order another card and they'll refund the charges.

Yeah I did that at the time alright, just on to support now but will be 2 hours. Good to see they have not improved that aspect of their service anyway ha

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys now that revout offers a EUR IBAN and BIC, has anyone switched fully to using Revolut as your main bank account to have their salary paid into and for direct debits etc?

Guys now that revout offers a EUR IBAN and BIC, has anyone switched fully to using Revolut as your main bank account to have their salary paid into and for direct debits etc?

I did it back in March and it has worked a treat so far minus all the fee's of my previous AIB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I did it back in March and it has worked a treat so far minus all the fee's of my previous AIB account.

Thank you for your reply.

May I ask did you have any trouble with any of the utility companies accepting Revolut's IBAN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I am holding off until revolut has a bank guarantee, if it went belly up, then your funds are not guaranteed at present, as far as I know anyway, I use the card/app but only transfer money in when I need it,

Thank you for your reply.

May I ask did you have any trouble with any of the utility companies accepting Revolut's IBAN?

I used it for a salary and initially I couldnt add the bank account myself in the work self service facility as Revolut account is U.K based but I sorted it by contacting technical support. Trying to save revolut as a recurring payee with AIB internet banking is also not possible which is a pain, has to be a domestic account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Do you get a push notification if someone transfers money into your Revolut account via IBAN?

Game changer for me if so, I'd start getting paid into revolut and just move it to a proper bank account for safety after

Do you get a push notification if someone transfers money into your Revolut account via IBAN?

Game changer for me if so, I'd start getting paid into revolut and just move it to a proper bank account for safety after

Yea i used to get my wages in around 7am every Friday morning and would get a push notification in the revolut app for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You get notifications whatever happens to your account. They really are one of the big selling points. Money in/out. You’ll find out instantly (usually!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement