Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

is 99 cent per month on top of a revolut premium subscription?

I pay 80c a week for my phone insurance, that's on top of premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I can't choose device insurance on mine, it might be premium only now so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can't choose device insurance on mine, it might be premium only now so

I have premium and can't select phone insurance. It's grayed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I have premium and can't select phone insurance. It's grayed out.
    What type of phone? Android or iPhone. Mine is android.

irishgeo wrote:
    What type of phone? Android or iPhone. Mine is android.

Android. Galaxy S7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Wasn't phone insurance available a while ago or was it always just a UK thing?

I remember getting a message about it ages ago, but it could have been a generic message sent out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Might be due to the age of your phone
    Device Insurance is available to all of our customers across the European Economic Area! Devices less than 6 months old are eligible to be insured
    If your phone is older than 14 days when you buy Revolut Device Insurance, your insurance coverage will start after 4 weeks. If it is less than 14 days, your insurance coverage starts immediately.

https://www.revolut.com/en/help/exploring-revolut/insuring-my-device/is-my-device-eligible?lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr.S wrote:
    The device insurance is marked as “coming soon†for me on premium (and was the same on free version)

Available for me on non-premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I tried to get it on my new P20, I'm a premium member and they told me it's not available in Ireland which seems to not be the case looking at this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Grassey wrote: »
    Available for me on non-premium.

It's available to me on non-premium too, but only medical insurance, not phone insurance

• Advertisement

I signed up Nov 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Kitty6277 wrote:
    It's available to me on non-premium too, but only medical insurance, not phone insurance

I may have jumped the shark here... Had a quick look as I was hopping into the car, saw insurance wasn't greyed out and when I clicked both options looked available. Clicking on phone ins does nothing, travel though let's me continue through.

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

troyzer wrote: »
    Mine was instant. They wouldn't ask unless they were legally required to. Revolut is an e-money service regulated in the UK, none of the others that you mentioned are.

I submitted the documents over 48 hours ago and it still says "Reviewing Source of funds".
    Customer support seems to have gone to the dogs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’d say it’s just the Metal upgrade option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Davy wrote: »
    Stopping taking new customers and getting there house in order.
    They seem to be growing to fast. The amount of complaints on Facebook about there support is huge.
    I think it's a great product, don't trust them with large amounts of my money for fear of implosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just an update on my phone insurance claim...

Phone was dropped and had a small crack on the front screen, but badly damaged on the rear glass case (LG G6)

Raised claim, got a DHL return label and it arrived at service centre the next day.
    2 days later got an email saying repair had been authorized and I'd receive a mail to pay the excess payable shortly.
    Nothing for 10 days, chased them a couple of times and then sent another email this morning. Got a reply now saying unrepairable and made an offer of €210 (€180 after excess deducted) paid in compensation after I go buy myself a new phone.

Pretty crap service compared to others I've had previously. Have asked for my phone to be returned, found the parts on Aliexpress for <€20 I'll fix it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've been having issues since the weekend (my currency balance summary was just a white page with the actual (correct) balances. However I didn't see "top up" nor "exchange" options. Their support, surprisingly, have been useless, no response using In-App Chat and I called them out on twitter and they sent a token DM.

I've needed support a handful of times but this is the first time I feel they've been very poor.

I resolved the issue myself this morning (complete uninstall) but I didn't have the luxury of doing that yesterday when I actually wanted to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

I've honestly never had a problem with support. Always get through in a few minutes. Although I am premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've been having issues since the weekend (my currency balance summary was just a white page with the actual (correct) balances. However I didn't see "top up" nor "exchange" options. Their support, surprisingly, have been useless, no response using In-App Chat and I called them out on twitter and they sent a token DM.

I've needed support a handful of times but this is the first time I feel they've been very poor.

I resolved the issue myself this morning (complete uninstall) but I didn't have the luxury of doing that yesterday when I actually wanted to use it.

I had the same problem and followed your action and it resolved it for me too.

• Advertisement

boombang wrote: »
    I had the same problem and followed your action and it resolved it for me too.

Are you on Android?
    I've followed it up with them for a cause too as it was a massive inconvenience yesterday.
    My app also told me (~1hr ago) that my card pin was now looked. I haven't used the card since yesterday so that's strange. Again, no answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Are you on Android?
    I've followed it up with them for a cause too as it was a massive inconvenience yesterday.
    My app also told me (~1hr ago) that my card pin was now looked. I haven't used the card since yesterday so that's strange. Again, no answer.

On Android.

I tweeted them to say that the reinstall worked. It's really helpful that you posted your issue and solution: much more helpful than their own support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

troyzer wrote: »
    I've honestly never had a problem with support. Always get through in a few minutes. Although I am premium.

You will be waiting for hours if non premium.

Zardoz wrote: »
    You will be waiting for hours if non premium.
    No worries at all. Friend of mine is on apple and has no issues.
    boombang wrote: »
    On Android.

I tweeted them to say that the reinstall worked. It's really helpful that you posted your issue and solution: much more helpful than their own support.

Over 24 hours at this stage for me. They weren’t always this slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No worries at all. Friend of mine is on apple and has no issues.

Over 24 hours at this stage for me. They weren’t always this slow.

I think they have 7000 new signups a day now so no matter how many staff they hired it still wouldn't be enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just got an email there about the metal upgarde. I wonder will I get it for free as premium. Also, it looks like there's heavy revolut branding on it. I liked the premium black card cause you wouldn't really notice the revolut bit on it.

antodeco wrote:
    Just got an email there about the metal upgarde. I wonder will I get it for free as premium. Also, it looks like there's heavy revolut branding on it. I liked the premium black card cause you wouldn't really notice the revolut bit on it.

Looks deadly all the same tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Had the same issue yesterday. Fixed it by deleting the data from settings. The data size was over a 1gb by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got the email and found this on their fb :/
    Wcb0Ygi.png

So it's a ...more expensive premium?

"Something big is dropping tomorrow.

Cut from a single sheet of reinforced steel and at three times the weight of a regular card, we’ll be launching Revolut Metal - our new contactless metal card.

If we’re being totally honest with you, we’ll only have 10,000 metal cards to begin with, and these will be reserved for our Premium customers.

Don’t worry though, from tomorrow you’ll be able to pre-register for Revolut Metal on a first come, first serve basis and we’ll let you know as soon as you can upgrade.

And because there’s no other card quite like it, we suggest you keep an eye on your inbox"

• Advertisement

sent my phone dhl yesterday lunch time and it was in the service center in Lithuania at lunch time today , some service that by dhl.

email saying claim approved about 2hrs later, just need to pay the excess now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement