Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You clearly underestimate the number of show-offs out there which will pay a premium for a special card. There are whole forums out there where people compare the design of a card to decide which to get.

american-psycho-business-card-scene-promojpg.jpg

american-psycho.jpg?w=780

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Heiser

Possibly, didn't see the message myself. However the reverted transactions were from approx 2 weeks ago, had went through fine at the time (transaction completed or cash withdrawn)

Same thing has happened me. I paid for a cruise last week, payment went through fine and now it says the payment has been reverted and the money is back in my account. I haven't been able to speak to a revolut customer service agent. Did you get anywhere with them?

Someone mentioned there was a note on revolut yesterday about this, what did it say? I don't see anything there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Heiser wrote: »
    Same thing has happened me. I paid for a cruise last week, payment went through fine and now it says the payment has been reverted and the money is back in my account. I haven't been able to speak to a revolut customer service agent. Did you get anywhere with them?

Someone mentioned there was a note on revolut yesterday about this, what did it say? I don't see anything there today.

Nope, I haven't even tried speaking with an agent yet as I'm still away and don't have the time for that! Very strange, I'm sure they'll correct it soon though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Erm, shouldnt you be speaking to the Cruise directly.

The payment is immediate from Revolut if it was reverted then the Cruise agent or their payment processor kicked it back.

i.e not a Revolut issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Heiser

listermint wrote: »
    Erm, shouldnt you be speaking to the Cruise directly.

The payment is immediate from Revolut if it was reverted then the Cruise agent or their payment processor kicked it back.

i.e not a Revolut issue.

Well it appears to be a revolut issue as there's lots of people affected by this in the last 48 hours. And a previous poster said there was a message about it on the app yesterday.

The money was paid, I received my confirmation numbers etc ( still showing on cruise website as booked and paid for) then money back in to my account this morning with no contact from the cruise company. If they declined the payment they would of told me last week. I've been in the queue to speak with a revolut advisor for hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

The app response was horrendously slow today, no doubt as a result of the "launch".
    Top ups pending for 9 minutes before applying to the balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭OU812

fmul9798 wrote: »
    The app response was horrendously slow today, no doubt as a result of the "launch".
    Top ups pending for 9 minutes before applying to the balance.

Not my experience. Did four top ups over the course of the morning & early afternoon and they all applied immediately.

Does anyone know if any atms in the US don’t charge a fee for a withdrawal using Revolut? I’ve tried a few and cancelled as they were charging a few dollars. It’s very annoying as the free withdrawals from revolut up to 200 would be great but adding a fee is eating the advantage gained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Try the local Aldi Atm or a credit union, they usual offer no fee withdraws on prepaid cards.

it's a pity the cashback is so low on the revolut. don't kbc do 1% back.
    the card seems cool, but it's not 14 euro a month cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

listermint wrote: »
    You can use Revolut on Android Pay. anytime.

Since when? It wont let me register last time I tried a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

368100 wrote: »
    Since when? It wont let me register last time I tried a few weeks ago

Mastercards only at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

The shareholders are embarrassingly biased on this thread.

Like it's great that you like a service but you can't keep blindly banking every moronic decision which started with the decrease in the monthly atm withdrawal limit,
    So they could try to sell premium services which once we're free.

Then the frequent outages where most recently myself along with thousands more were left out of pocket for more than a week when payments were declined but the amount was still deducted from your balance.

And now more people are complaining about funds being reverted back to their account which could result in their holidays being cancelled or silly charges for failure to pay.

Then the too cool for school CEO who thinks he's Leonardo DiCaprio comes out with a "no bull**** no excuses" statement which was ironically full of bull**** and full of excuses, making empty promises like a politician from some sitcom.

Whenever anyone comes on here with a complaint or a negative experience the shareholders are on them like flies on shït saying predictable things like "it's a free service" " if you don't like it stop using it" "you should always have a backup card and never solely reply on revolut anyway"

It's exhausting.

Shareholder will possible comment like this:
    Nobody forces you to read this thread.

But you have valid points.

In reality at the start their business model made some sense if they managed to get enough people using the cards regularly as they were able to get the very high interchange fee every time the card was used.

Once the EU cut that fee to nearly nothing they like others had to find different avenues and like others they struggle. Premium is one way and understanding their large segment in the market of show-offs now metal.

They rely on too many outsourced services, from processing over wallet over Iban to other core elements.

Unt they provide the core service themselves they will always have too many moving parts to control and fix.

I like them for several positive services and will continue to use them but I am aware of the drawbacks.

After a lot googling and trying multiple ATMs it appears Wells Fargo don’t charge. Withdrew money from one of theirs atms and wasn’t advised of any charge nor has any been applied to my account so unless they hit with an unadvised and delayed charge then it appears they have free withdrawals.

After a lot googling and trying multiple ATMs it appears Wells Fargo don’t charge. Withdrew money from one of theirs atms and wasn’t advised of any charge nor has any been applied to my account so unless they hit with an unadvised and delayed charge then it appears they have free withdrawals.

I used TD Bank in NY too - although that was 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Metal card really is a farce. I pay the €7.99 per month for premium, purely so I can have an additional card (which I junk is expensive as it is), but €12.99 per month is just mental. I'd be happy if they said it was an additional €30 or something to add the card onto normal premium, as oppose to an extra €60 per year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Does anybody know if Revolut cards are subject to the tax/charge of €30 annually?

Got offered a free one, and don't know if I'll bother taking it up or not. I might have cause to do some travel to a non-Euro country later this year, but if I'm going to have to pay on it annually, I'm not sure it's worth it.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Revolut cards are subject to the tax/charge of €30 annually?

Got offered a free one, and don't know if I'll bother taking it up or not. I might have cause to do some travel to a non-Euro country later this year, but if I'm going to have to pay on it annually, I'm not sure it's worth it.

They are not.

However, they attract the 0.12 cent ATM withdraws tax for each withdraws in the republic up to the 2.50/5.00 limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I tried to add my Revolut card to Paypal but kept getting a message saying this card cannot be added, please try another card.
    I realised then that Paypal had kept trying to take $1 from my account, but I only had €1.07 as I haven't used the card in a year (they took $1 but couldn't take another).
    I then went to top uit up by €20 with my N26 account and got the notification in my N26 app and I confirmed it, but Revolut has said that it is pending ever since. 30 minutes ago, Obviously not instant (I thought it was) - how long does it take?

• Advertisement

Did you top up using the N26 debit card?

Usually, that is instant but there have been reports in the last couple of days of it taking several hours for some people.

Suckit wrote: »
    I tried to add my Revolut card to Paypal but kept getting a message saying this card cannot be added, please try another card.
    I realised then that Paypal had kept trying to take $1 from my account, but I only had €1.07 as I haven't used the card in a year (they took $1 but couldn't take another).
    I then went to top uit up by €20 with my N26 account and got the notification in my N26 app and I confirmed it, but Revolut has said that it is pending ever since. 30 minutes ago, Obviously not instant (I thought it was) - how long does it take?

Top Ups normally are instant - a matter of seconds. I just topped up by €50 there now (from ulsterbank) and it was in my wallet as soon as I pressed continue. However someone else reported a delay in the last few days so maybe they are experiencing some issues with certain incoming funds.

Try waiting a little more or if you are in a rush try opening and closing the app, or topping up again from another card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

antodeco wrote: »
    Metal card really is a farce. I pay the €7.99 per month for premium, purely so I can have an additional card (which I junk is expensive as it is), but €12.99 per month is just mental. I'd be happy if they said it was an additional €30 or something to add the card onto normal premium, as oppose to an extra €60 per year

I don't have premium but have 2 cards.

Be cheaper to go out and buy another SIM card than doing what you're doing I'd suspect.

Did you top up using the N26 debit card?

Usually, that is instant but there have been reports in the last couple of days of it taking several hours for some people.

Yeah, I topped up using N26.
    Top up - asks for cvc - entered
    Pop up notification from N26 asking to confirm - done - then "Return to Mechant to complete transaction"
    Return to Revolut and retype PIN.

Status Pending..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

They are not.

However, they attract the 0.12 cent ATM withdraws tax for each withdraws in the republic up to the 2.50/5.00 limit.

Thanks; good info! Will go ahead and get one, then.

Ah......

I think I have found the reason. The CVC number on my card is hard to read. On closer inspection, what I think is a 4, may not be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I got a new phone from my insurance claim. Not sure if its a refurb or not but its not my old phone.

Pretty good service.

Well it appears to be a revolut issue as there's lots of people affected by this in the last 48 hours. And a previous poster said there was a message about it on the app yesterday.

The money was paid, I received my confirmation numbers etc ( still showing on cruise website as booked and paid for) then money back in to my account this morning with no contact from the cruise company. If they declined the payment they would of told me last week. I've been in the queue to speak with a revolut advisor for hours

So all my reverted payments came out again on Friday, real pain as I only realised when I went to pay for something and it got rejected. Was hard to keep track of exactly what my balance was as I didn't have consistent Internet coverage while I was away. Ended up taking some money that I had already converted to another currency too. Very frustrating all round

So all my reverted payments came out again on Friday, real pain as I only realised when I went to pay for something and it got rejected. Was hard to keep track of exactly what my balance was as I didn't have consistent Internet coverage while I was away. Ended up taking some money that I had already converted to another currency too. Very frustrating all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - I got on to Revolut - they say they will update it's merchant list in next few days. I'll report back if this corrects my transactions.

- I've been back on to them now a few times and they havent confirmed if they updated the merchant list. The wrongly labelled transactions are still wrong.

I would hate to be chasing after them for a refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement