Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Newbie Question:

The Revolut Card is issued from Poland. Does anybody know how many working days the standard delivery to Dublin takes?

Mine was posted this day last week and there is still no sign. Toying with doing another (express) order to have it before a holiday.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

eorpach wrote: »
    Newbie Question:

The Revolut Card is issued from Poland. Does anybody know how many working days the standard delivery to Dublin takes?

Mine was posted this day last week and there is still no sign. Toying with doing another (express) order to have it before a holiday.

Thanks!

Only had to wait a week for standard delivery, ordered on the first of the month and got it on the 10th Aug. so took a week and few days.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Only had to wait a week for standard delivery, ordered on the first of the month and got it on the 10th Aug. so took a week and few days.

Got it today, thank you!

Looks like they DHL the express option from Poland. Colleague got it Tuesday after ordering on Friday.
    They Deutsche Post the standard option "Prioritaire" from Frankfurt, Germany. Takes about 7 working days from date of ordering (posted day after it was ordered).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

eorpach wrote:

Ordered my standard Visa card on 27 June & received it on 3 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My card is not working.

When in the security screen in the app with regards wishing to make online payments, atm withdrawls etc - should button be blue or grey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    My card is not working.

When in the security screen in the app with regards wishing to make online payments, atm withdrawls etc - should button be blue or grey?

Blue to allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Ordered my standard Visa card on 27 June & received it on 3 July.

I actually got the standard card quicker (3 days to UK). I've ordered a premium card about 4 times, one or two got lost in the post, the ones that arrived took over 3 weeks to deliver. That was to the UK.

Not sure if they had some production issues with the cards at the time or something. The tracker in the app would say they've been posted the next day, and within 3 days it would say you should be getting your card by now.

Anyways, because support advised me to re-order after it didn't arrive after a few weeks, means I have a backup card at home now in case I ever lose this card. (or it stops working like my first premium card)

Another newbie question:

To enable Online Transactions via iOs App, should the slider be blue (to the right) or grey (to the left) ? App says:

Online Transactions
    Internet-based transactions are generally high-risk. You can switch them off for extra security

I'm asking cos the explanation is vague (is off on, is on off?) and Amazon are being very slow to top up my account using Revolut.

Thanks.

Apologies, F1ngers answer this above.

"Blue to allow"

Thank You!

eorpach wrote: »
    Another newbie question:

To enable Online Transactions via iOs App, should the slider be blue (to the right) or grey (to the left) ? App says:

Online Transactions
    Internet-based transactions are generally high-risk. You can switch them off for extra security

I'm asking cos the explanation is vague (is off on, is on off?) and Amazon are being very slow to top up my account using Revolut.

Thanks.

Blue to Allow. Thanks F1ngers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bren2002

Grey to disable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Grassey wrote: »
    App has seriously gone to **** the last few days. Got notified of 4 (expected) refunded amounts this morning, click notification can see all the details... But balance hasn't updated, nor do they show anywhere now. Wtf.

Also. Tried to use currency converter tool. Nothing is updating.

What phone are you using it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Been fine for me. Did get one transaction refunded that went through twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

CVC exceeded tries - how can I sort this one out?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Contact support

https://community.revolut.com/t/card-blocked-after-3-wrong-pin/39402

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Go in to your cards option in the app, there is an option called "unblock PIN/CVV"

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Hey guys, just stumbled on this thread when looking for alternatives to the 3 Money card I’ve used for ages, but is driving me nuts now. The app is terrible, website is as bad, and support is brutal.
    So anyway, I’m looking at Revolut now it it looks to fit the bill for me.
    I most use a pre-paid card for any online purchases and when abroad.
    Quick question, is there any major downsides to not providing proof of identity? I am a little concerned with having to send them a pic of my passport or drivers liscence.
    Can I avoid this, or is it necessary?
    I’m probably being a little paranoid, but just curious at this stage.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There is no issue whatsoever sending them a pic of your ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I sent them a pic of my driving licence. I reckon it would be of less use to anybody than a pic of my passport. But in reality there isn't much you could do with either.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and signed up and sent the required information.
    Any idea how long it takes to get verified these days? It says on the website that it should take a few minutes. But still no sign of a response even though I did it on Saturday. I guess the weekend delayed things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Anyone ever gone to one of these Rev Rally's? There's one coming up in the city I live, and I'm thinking of going. Not sure why - want to see about future plans, maybe score some swag - maybe see about how to invest in them for equity. Anyone have any tips? never really been to one of these events

scunermac wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I went ahead and signed up and sent the required information.
    Any idea how long it takes to get verified these days? It says on the website that it should take a few minutes. But still no sign of a response even though I did it on Saturday. I guess the weekend delayed things.

I'm still waiting to be verified and my card is due to be delivered today. is this a typical wait time for verification?
    I tried live chat but the wait time is estimated at 1 day :eek:

I'm still waiting to be verified and my card is due to be delivered today. is this a typical wait time for verification?

And the wait continues for verification or even to speak to Revolut support... I have to admit, they are not making a great first impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

And the wait continues for verification or even to speak to Revolut support... I have to admit, they are not making a great first impression.

Give them a shout on Twitter. Not had the need to myself but it tends to motivate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I never had to speak to them for verification, is there some reason you need to?

iamtony wrote: »
    I never had to speak to them for verification, is there some reason you need to?

I managed to connect with a live agent last night and she sorted it out within a matter of minutes.
    The reason for the delay with my verification she said was down to 'exceptionally large numbers of requests at the moment'.

At least it's sorted now and I can use the card.
    Now to wait for Apple Pay to be released :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Do Revolut do car insurance in Ireland? Has anyone used them? I have been told today that they do but I cannot see it in the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Suckit wrote: »
    Do Revolut do car insurance in Ireland? Has anyone used them? I have been told today that they do but I cannot see it in the app.

Who told you that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Who told you that?

Weirdly, my mother via a chain of people -> a friend's nephew or something like that. But she said the source uses them and lives in Ireland.

Why did you ask that? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Suckit wrote: »
    Weirdly, my mother via a chain of people -> a friend's nephew or something like that. But she said the source uses them and lives in Ireland.

Why did you ask that? :D

Because it sounded like a Chinese whisper. :pac: There is phone insurance, and travel insurance, but no car insurance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement