Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bren2002

First time around you need to give yourself 4 or 5 days.

The initial PayPal verification takes 2 days and then the full xfer will take another 2 days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I just generated a pdf statement and the balance is wrong... The statement says current balance is €451 but in the app I can see that my account balance is €184...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I just generated a pdf statement and the balance is wrong... The statement says current balance is €451 but in the app I can see that my account balance is €184...

Statements are a bit funny on pending transactions. If you do nothing and wait a few days, the statement updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m only new to this but love being able to top it up with Apple Pay. Very convenient on the phone.

troyzer wrote: »
    Statements are a bit funny on pending transactions. If you do nothing and wait a few days, the statement updates.

Ah that makes sense, thank you. I did some online shopping a couple of days ago that would add up to the discrepancy. I can see that those transactions are still pending.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »

Ah that makes sense, thank you. I did some online shopping a couple of days ago that would add up to the discrepancy. I can see that those transactions are still pending.

I had an issue a while back with a large refund I was due and things were disappearing on my statement. Support clarified that unlike normal bank statements, these are dynamic and aren't final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

I have a revolut card the last while

What's the procedure to upgrade to a full bank account ?

Does it take cash lodgements like BOI ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    I have a revolut card the last while

What's the procedure to upgrade to a full bank account ?

Thanks

Revolut is not a full bank account, so you can't upgrade to one.

It does not take cash lodgments.

You can look up your own IBAN in the app when you proceed to top up / bank account. You will be shown your own IBAN number which you can give to 3rd parties to receive funds and you can also use that number for direct debits.

But you need to be aware that if for example your account get's temporary blocked (exceeded top-up limits, fraud suspicion etc.) your direct debits will bounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Henryhill2 wrote: »

Where would you put the cash to lodge it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Stuff it in the micro SD slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bren2002

Could take a photo too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I think N26 takes cash lodgements in German supermarket chains

https://support.n26.com/read/000001263?locale=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Same place you withdraw, the ATM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Henryhill2 wrote:
    Same place you withdraw, the ATM?

Boi have their own ATMs around the country. Revolut doesn't. Same way you can't use an AIB ATM to lodge into BOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

You can't lodge cash to Revolut, debit card or bank transfer are the options.

You can log cash into any account via western union, moneygram, and other providers, it's just going to cost you a large chunk of that cash.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You can log cash into any account via western union, moneygram, and other providers, it's just going to cost you a large chunk of that cash.

Or set up a free local account in EBS, local credit credit union etc and lodge to this and then transfer electronically if you really need to lodge cash to your N26 account.

If you had trouble to add your Revolut Mastercard to Google Pay, try again.

It looks like they have now added support for some of the older cards.

Cards starting with these BIN should work: 541348 & 527346 & 535298

Visa still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Moanyhole

I need some help please. I recently got a new Revolut card. Basic one.

I’m going to states in a couple of weeks.

So do you recommend I lodge euro and convert to US dollar or just allow the conversion happen when I make a transaction?

I’m presuming all transactions are free.

Is withdrawing cash at atms in the USA free.

If you have any other helps or tips it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Moanyhole wrote: »

So do you recommend I lodge euro and convert to US dollar or just allow the conversion happen when I make a transaction?

Hi,

i prefer to convert straight away as it means I know what I have in the secondary currency. I am assuming you will only have a couple of 000 to change over so changing it now or in a few weeks is unlikely make a huge difference to the the final figure. All depends when you prefer to do it. Don't do it on the weekend though as Revolut add a about .5% to there exchange rate at the weekend as a safety buffer for themselves.

I withdrew cash in the US last year and cannot see a charge but remember there is a limit before the 2% fee comes in.

Tips
    - Bring other cards incase Revolut is down. Been caught a few times in the past but a lot less now
    - A lot of place in the US you have to sign so doesn't hit the card immediately and takes longer to come out of it
    - Their support usually takes 2 hours to answer if you are not premium nd have an issue so any problems at shops wont be sorted straight away. Again, bring spare card or cash

Thanks,

PHG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Most ATMs in the US will charge $2-4, bank operated ones are slightly less likely to charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Moanyhole wrote: »

Used mine in the States recently just put a load of Euro every couple days, didn't do any conversion on the app and it worked out great. One thing I found in the States though unlike here is they often take away the card from you to the machine (I know the card companies say you shouldn't do this normally). But anyhow, pretty much anytime I made a transaction I had Revolut open on the phone and the transaction appears almost instantly on the phone so you can see exactly how much the transaction was for and also the cost in Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Just tapped for €83 via Google Pay - didn't know that was a thing.
    Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

long_b wrote: »
    Just tapped for €83 via Google Pay - didn't know that was a thing.
    Nice

For anything under €30 the screen just has on be on. Doesn't have to be unlocked. After 3 payments under €30 you would probably need to unlock. ( haven't checked yet).

For all payments over €30 and up to the daily limit the screen needs to be unlocked.

Simon201 wrote: »
    Used mine in the States recently just put a load of Euro every couple days, didn't do any conversion on the app and it worked out great. One thing I found in the States though unlike here is they often take away the card from you to the machine (I know the card companies say you shouldn't do this normally). But anyhow, pretty much anytime I made a transaction I had Revolut open on the phone and the transaction appears almost instantly on the phone so you can see exactly how much the transaction was for and also the cost in Euro.

They do that here too and it always bugs me. At least with Revolut you have instant visibility, as you say. Great benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Simon201 wrote: »

I found it great as well paying for meals... Before I'd be counting out the tip in cash but great just to pull out a calculator and add the 18/20%...lot less hassle I thought.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sorry if this has been asked, but is it possible to use Revolut with a Business account (in Euros) to accept payment from clients whose accounts are in Sterling?
    Or do the clients need to create their own Revolut accounts, transfer money in and then make payments to my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sorry if this has been asked, but is it possible to use Revolut with a Business account (in Euros) to accept payment from clients whose accounts are in Sterling?
    Or do the clients need to create their own Revolut accounts, transfer money in and then make payments to my account?

Theoretically yes. You can get a UK current account with Revolut and send it to that and do the conversion yourself for free on the app.

I think bussiness transactions might be against the TOS though.

You will have a unique sterling bank account as standard with Revolut. Just tap the pound tab on the home screen and it'll bring up your local beneficiary account name, number and sort code.

They can pay into that like they would any UK bank account and you'll have it in your Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Just looking for clarification. I have a revolut card. My husband is in the US in.a few weeks..if he orders a revolut card in his name, can be link the card to my account and access the funds in mine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement