Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Has anyone here got premium and do they think it's worth it? I was half thinking of getting it just for the disposable cards...never have to worry about cancelling a subscription or free months trial again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When did they switch from MasterCard to Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gael23 wrote: »

Not sure but they are still MC for Premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not sure but they are still MC for Premium
    My wallet was stolen recently and I just got my replacement card today which is Visa.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I signed up a few months ago and got visa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

How do people transfer to the card? I topped up using Apple Pay on my phone & it said the fee was €0. Will AIB charge me a banking fee?

Sorry for the noob questions, I've read through the thread to get a better understanding. Do you transfer a large portion of your wages to the card then just use that for the month?

No fee from the bank.
    Top up as much/often as you like, I think there is a yearly limit. Can't remember how much.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I signed up a few months ago and got visa.
    My wallet was stolen recently and I just got my replacement card today which is Visa.

I signed up a few months ago and was MasterCard. I'm premium though.

My girlfriend signed up around the same time and she's Visa.

Y'all free or premium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Can't set this up with Google Pay to work contactless in store.. any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

keano25 wrote: »

The visa card does not work for Googlepay.

If you have a mastercard and it is issued by wire card also not working. The newer mastercards however will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got an email yesterday offering me the metal card by going premium but it's 13.99 a month and I don't travel very ofter so not really worth it. I would like that sexy metal card so my question is if I pay premium for a month and then downgrade what will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

iamtony wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday offering me the metal card by going premium but it's 13.99 a month and I don't travel very ofter so not really worth it. I would like that sexy metal card so my question is if I pay premium for a month and then downgrade what will happen?

You can't. They lock you into a 12 month contract.

troyzer wrote: »
    You can't. They lock you into a 12 month contract.

Damn it ha. I just can't see any reason to go premium personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

iamtony wrote: »
    Damn it ha. I just can't see any reason to go premium personally.

Premium and Metal are different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭BaronVon

If it's a Mastercard, you need to add it as a method of payment on your Google account first, then you can add it to Google Pay

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

keano25 wrote:

I believe only the mastercards work for Google pay

It appears to be random, both myself and my wife signed up the same week and I got visa and she got mastercard (both standard free accounts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

ianob7 wrote: »
    I believe only the mastercards work for Google pay

Both work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

List of supported & unsupported cards in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My card went below €10 (€6.87 or something) and I get notifications to spend it on lunch or something with a friend..
    jOIFP4H.png?1
    The only option to turn notifications off is block all. Which obviously I have done, but what is that all about? F*cking annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Suckit wrote: »
    My card went below €10 (€6.87 or something) and I get notifications to spend it on lunch or something with a friend..
    jOIFP4H.png?1
    The only option to turn notifications off is block all. Which obviously I have done, but what is that all about? F*cking annoying.

Is there a way around it? I find those notifications quite pointless. Sometimes I read it fast and take the total spendings for the day as the purchase price for something! Annoying indeed

• Advertisement

The only way I have seen around it is to top up or block notifications.
    Very pointless, unless their intention is to get you top up.
    I know Revolut is not a bank account, but I still find it unpleasant that they are trying to encourage people to spend whatever money they have left on their card.

I love the instant reporting. With all manor of tap fraud etc out there, I like getting an instant receipt on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Lukker- wrote: »
    I love the instant reporting. With all manor of tap fraud etc out there, I like getting an instant receipt on my phone.

That's not the issue here - it's Revolut pestering you to top-up everytime you drop below a tenner.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Simple, keep your balance above a tenner and problem solved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Simple, keep your balance above a tenner and problem solved ;)
    Does this card incur government stamp duty? And if so, when does that get taken out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Does this card incur government stamp duty? And if so, when does that get taken out?
    12c per ATM transaction immediately up to a limit of €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

That's not the issue here - it's Revolut pestering you to top-up everytime you drop below a tenner.

I actually find that useful.

I actually find that useful.

It's not useful at all if you only use the card for other payments. I topped up €300 and spent around €293 and change.
    The the annoying "Buy someone lunch" or whatever message came. I probably won't use the card again for a while so have just uninstalled the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

This card is useless lately..

Have 2 online transactions pending that were declined by the websites so have to wait for my money to be returned.

Card wouldn't work in an ATM

Card wouldn't work through tap and pay and chip and pin last night

Trying to buy s PlayStation game in the ps store and it's saying my CVC is incorrect which it isn't

Live chat is beyond useless. Just some eejit copying and pasting ****e from the FAQ section to me.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    This card is useless lately..

Have 2 online transactions pending that were declined by the websites so have to wait for my money to be returned.

Card wouldn't work in an ATM

Card wouldn't work through tap and pay and chip and pin last night

Trying to buy s PlayStation game in the ps store and it's saying my CVC is incorrect which it isn't

Live chat is beyond useless. Just some eejit copying and pasting ****e from the FAQ section to me.
    Are you sure you not talking to the bot? It catches most people out the first time, you need to join the que to speak to the rep which can take forever.
    Im a taxi driver and I had a lady try pay with revolut last week and it was declined in my sum up card reader.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement