Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

threein99 wrote: »
    They only have VISA option in the virtual card section.

That is not true. I have Mastercard option in fact that is the card I have linked to GooglePay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

That is not true. I have Mastercard option in fact that is the card I have linked to GooglePay.

I only have have 2 VISA options in the virtual card section. I'll survive without Google Pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Visa is the only option now. You never got to pick really, just it used to be Mastercard and now it's Visa. I managed to get a physical one of each for free as apparently the Mastercard was having issues with London underground.

Wheety wrote: »
    Visa is the only option now. You never got to pick really, just it used to be Mastercard and now it's Visa. I managed to get a physical one of each for free as apparently the Mastercard was having issues with London underground.

Looks like they have changed that than because I still have a mastercard as virtual one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Used it in America for the first time and I had no issues at all. I used it for all my purchases in shops and brought along cash for beer and tips. My mates used the ATM's fine with their Revolut cards. I transfered all my unused dollars back to Euro and then transfered the euro to my KBC account last night before boarding in JFK. The euro amount was lodged in my account just after landing in Dublin today, great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Looks like they have changed that than because I still have a mastercard as virtual one.

I have a Mastercard one too. Not sure if it'll reissue at expiry or if they have stopped issuing Mastercard altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is it possible to pay a U.K. company through Revolut? I have their BIC/IBAN. It’s roughly £1600 so don’t want to screw up like I did earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Is it possible to pay a U.K. company through Revolut? I have their BIC/IBAN. It’s roughly £1600 so don’t want to screw up like I did earlier in the thread.

Don't think so... I know other services like TransferGo have free fees to bank accounts across borders but AFAIK revolut can't use bik and Iban. Someone may correct me though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I use transferwise. It's much cheaper than an Irish bank and quick too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Yup you can do it through the transfers section.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/money-transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭extremehalo

Does anyone know if you upgrade to Premum or Metal us the card a Mastercard?

Looking at the upgrade option on the app all the sample cards are MasterCard and not Visa like the free version. Anyone have experience with this? Mainly asking in combustion with Apple pay

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mainly asking in combustion with Apple pay

Revolut does not currently support apple pay, be it Visa or Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Does anyone know if you upgrade to Premum or Metal us the card a Mastercard?

Looking at the upgrade option on the app all the sample cards are MasterCard and not Visa like the free version. Anyone have experience with this? Mainly asking in combustion with Apple pay

A metal card won't burn :)

Says on the Google Pay list of approved Banks that the Revolut MasterCard works with Google Pay?!? Has this changed?

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7352140?hl=en

A metal card won't burn :)

Good to know!
    can't take any chances these days.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Says on the Google Pay list of approved Banks that the Revolut MasterCard works with Google Pay?!? Has this changed?

I have the MasterCard working with my Google pay

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

Google Pay != Apple Pay :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Right, what Google Pay is approved for has no barring on Apple Pay and as you asked about Apple Pay that is what I responded about.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Davexirl wrote:
    Used it in America for the first time and I had no issues at all. I used it for all my purchases in shops and brought along cash for beer and tips. My mates used the ATM's fine with their Revolut cards. I transfered all my unused dollars back to Euro and then transfered the euro to my KBC account last night before boarding in JFK. The euro amount was lodged in my account just after landing in Dublin today, great service.

Why don't you use your card for everything. I have my Ulsterbank card linked to it and all you see on my online statement is revolut revolut revolut. I transfer €200 - €300 at a time. I pay for everything and have loose change go to a vault and accumulate crypto.. instant notifications is fantastic. Print PDF statements and currency conversions fantastic.... Even have direct debits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When trying to withdraw money in Ireland US Ng revolut, I always get charged stupid fees. Tonight the machine tried to charge me €2.95. wtf is that about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

noel100 wrote: »
    Why don't you use your card for everything. I have my Ulsterbank card linked to it and all you see on my online statement is revolut revolut revolut. I transfer €200 - €300 at a time. I pay for everything and have loose change go to a vault and accumulate crypto.. instant notifications is fantastic. Print PDF statements and currency conversions fantastic.... Even have direct debits

I will once they get their banking licence. As it stands all money on the system is unsecured and can dissappear at a moments notice should Revolut get stuck financially. The odd hundred here or there for me is grand (as and when I require it) but my salary? Nope. Not even interested in the vaults part of the app (very innovative) not until my funds are 100 percent secure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

MarkY91 wrote: »
    When trying to withdraw money in Ireland US Ng revolut, I always get charged stupid fees. Tonight the machine tried to charge me €2.95. wtf is that about

The 12c fee is a government thing.

Going over €200 cash withdrawal a month on the free account gets you Revolut fees

https://www.revolut.com/ie/help/transaction-issues/atm-withdrawals/why-have-i-been-charged-for-cash-withdrawal

MarkY91 wrote: »

Some providers of ATM machines charge a direct customer fee. Until recently Visa did not allow that but it has changed now.

The only way around that is to use a different machine, in Ireland use a main bank rather than those euronet ATM's in shops.

In the US you need to hunt down machines, most of them charge these days. Some credit unions don't. Aldi does not either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I've had a revolut card for a while now but never really used it.

I'm going to the states Soon and thought it was a good time to put it to use. Is there anything in particular I should do before I head over?

Do I need to transfer money into a us account on the app first or as long as I top up the main euro account that's enough?

joe123 wrote: »
    I've had a revolut card for a while now but never really used it.

I'm going to the states Soon and thought it was a good time to put it to use. Is there anything in particular I should do before I head over?

Do I need to transfer money into a us account on the app first or as long as I top up the main euro account that's enough?

You can just top up from main Euro account and when at atm make sure to click continue without conversion.
    Better off paying with card if in a restaurant e.t.c as there will be no fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

How do you actually top this up from an AIB bank account.

Do you need to select international payment to transfer money into the Revolut Euro acount ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

john_doe. wrote: »

Do you need to select international payment to transfer money into the Revolut Euro acount ?

You can top up instantly with a card.

Or you can make a SEPA transfer, which isn't an international payment when it comes to timing and fees. It's treated the same as a transfer to an Irish Bank.

I always just used my visa debit card. It's instant. Before I leave hotel I will top up what I need for the night.
    My card got swallowed in Thailand but it was lucky that I had my Irish bank card with me so could just transfer back.

I always just used my visa debit card. It's instant. Before I leave hotel I will top up what I need for the night.
    My card got swallowed in Thailand but it was lucky that I had my Irish bank card with me so could just transfer back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Would I be able to get paid wages in the UK into my Revolut account instead of having to set up a UK bank account?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement