Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Are revolut card liable for the annual stamp duty that is charged on cards in Ireland?

No. Just the 12c per ATM withdrawal up to I think €10 per year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Looking how many times the same questions get asked someone really should create a sticky in the banking thread for questions that are not answered in the FAQ on the website.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Would this card be any good if I got it and gave it to me Son.
    Then each week I transfer money to it that he can take out at an ATM.,?

200€ rolling monthly limit for ATM withdraws unless you want to pay extra charges, plus the 12cent ATM tax also applies if he withdraws in the republic.

If it's just cash there are better methods.

200€ rolling monthly limit for ATM withdraws unless you want to pay extra charges, plus the 12cent ATM tax also applies if he withdraws in the republic.

Thank you.
    He doesn't have a bank account.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Thank you.
    He doesn't have a bank account.

If it's € he wants to withdraw there are better methods like N26 (free) or Feratum bank (free if it's 4 withdraws a month) or in Ireland EBS.

If it's a different currency than there revolut might be good if it's below the 200€ or you are willing to accept the fee.

If it's € he wants to withdraw there are better methods like N26 (free) or Feratum bank (free if it's 4 withdraws a month) or in Ireland EBS.

If it's a different currency than there revolut might be good if it's below the 200€ or you are willing to accept the fee.

Thank you very much.
    I'v almost sorted N26 and Revolut over the last few days but it's all new to me.

You're a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Is the monthly ATM limit not only for FX withdrawals? I thought you could withdraw your own currency without limits, the €200 only applied to taking out foreign currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

MB05 wrote: »

Is the monthly ATM limit not only for FX withdrawals? I thought you could withdraw your own currency without limits, the €200 only applied to taking out foreign currency.

Across the board.

You might be confusing with N26 where there's a limit on Euro withdrawals but unlimited in any other currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just had 2 Amazon payments made 2 days ago reverted back to my Revolut account then half an hour later payments were retaken
    Anyone know what that's about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just had 2 Amazon payments made 2 days ago reverted back to my Revolut account then half an hour later payments were retaken
    Anyone know what that's about?

Amazon don't take final payment until item ships so this is probably same issue described earlier... transactions pending initially to check card has funds then 2nd transaction when item(s) ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭NATLOR

msmx5 wrote: »
    Amazon don't take final payment until item ships so this is probably same issue described earlier... transactions pending initially to check card has funds then 2nd transaction when item(s) ship.

I've used the card 8 or 9 times on Amazon over the last week and that's the only time that's occurred and items haven't shipped yet. Its no big deal hasn't made any difference to my balance or orders was just curious as to why that happened

BTW I have noticed that Amazon are taking payments well before shipping lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

This is why it's always better to buy Amazon vouchefs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Has anyone been asked for Revolut statements when applying for a mortgage. Got agreement in principal, but been asked to supply a few months statements. Have a couple of paddy power transactions, nothing substantial but still there all the same.

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Has anyone been asked for Revolut statements when applying for a mortgage. Got agreement in principal, but been asked to supply a few months statements. Have a couple of paddy power transactions, nothing substantial but still there all the same.

I got asked for this as well.
    Seems the banks are copping on to online Bank Accounts.
    Who did you request a mortgage from? Ulster Bank asked for my Revolut Statements. Unfortunately, I went a little wild during the Galway Races with it in August.

Mortgage Broker has advised to hold off until December, as then I'll have three clean months worth of Revolut Statements.

Who did you request a mortgage from? Ulster Bank asked for my Revolut Statements. Unfortunately, I went a little wild during the Galway Races with it in August.

Mortgage Broker has advised to hold off until December, as then I'll have three clean months worth of Revolut Statements.
    Last time I looked the statements were all over the place. Couldn't track a balance using them, everything was out of order.

Hopefully they have improved by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

That was KBC who asked for it. I have appointment with one or two other banks in meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Just as a matter of interest. Did anyone notice a change of attitude from their terrestrial bank following the commencement of the use of their Revolute card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just as a matter of interest. Did anyone notice a change of attitude from their terrestrial bank following the commencement of the use of their Revolute card?

No - use PTSB debit card to top up and no problems.

• Advertisement

Recently a direct debit hit my account that meant my current account went into the red by a small amount. Salary is paid into this account and would have hit the account within 24 hours. This would have happened in the past but never was a problem. Yet within a week of me topping up my Revolute account via Apple-pay on my current account this DD bounces. Never happened before. Then a day later I get a letter from the bank suggesting I visit the local branch to discuss my requirements? Just seemed a bit co-incidental to me that's all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Recently a direct debit hit my account that meant my current account went into the red by a small amount. Salary is paid into this account and would have hit the account within 24 hours. This would have happened in the past but never was a problem. Yet within a week of me topping up my Revolute account via Apple-pay on my current account this DD bounces. Never happened before. Then a day later I get a letter from the bank suggesting I visit the local branch to discuss my requirements? Just seemed a bit co-incidental to me that's all!!

Coincidental. Your bank would not know how or on what your money is being spent when you topup

No but Revolute is shown on the statements. I'm banking for 20 years plus with this bank just a bit strange that's all. Wondering if anyone else noticed anything similar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I don't think the banks really care about current account holders. They want to sell mortgages, loans and investment plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

igCorcaigh wrote: »

For anyone who doesn't click the link:
    For this week only, you, your friends, family and colleagues can order your first Revolut card for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I previously was able to withdraw funds from paypal to revolut, but mistakenly removed bank account from paypal.

I have tried re-adding my revolut account using iban number, and paypal say my revolut bank account has been confirmed.

When I try to withdraw money from paypal balance the funds will be returned back to paypal within 24hrs.

I have been in contact with paypal and they say revolut are blocking it.

Revolut agents are not very helpful. Any ideas of what is wrong?

timple23 wrote: »
    I previously was able to withdraw funds from paypal to revolut, but mistakenly removed bank account from paypal.

I have tried re-adding my revolut account using iban number, and paypal say my revolut bank account has been confirmed.

When I try to withdraw money from paypal balance the funds will be returned back to paypal within 24hrs.

I have been in contact with paypal and they say revolut are blocking it.

Revolut agents are not very helpful. Any ideas of what is wrong?

Did you try the Revolut support forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Friend has downloaded the app and is having issues entering their eircode, it is so long since i joined revolut i can not remember the set up process now or how i got past that bit, can anyone help, Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had no physical card and ordered one, there is now 2 showing in the app - I take it my funds can be used by either number?
    I have the app/account set up but haven't used it yet to buy anything.

Edit - figured it out. Never mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Not sure if I’m in the right place here but wanted to ask some advice. To cut a long story short, I’m basically paid in usd, if I setup a revolut account, transferred the usd into that account and then changed the usd to euro and transferred that to my AIB account would that work? Would I get preferred exchange rates??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement