Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

My 10Euro bank transfer has finally being credited to my account. Reason it was not credited immediately was because Barclay's received only the first three digits of my reference number.

Fault was entirely due to my bank (TSB). Revoult sent me a screenshot of Barclay's bank receiving my transfer on the 22nd Oct -( I sent it on the 21st ), but as full reference number was not received it was not credited to my account until it was traced and inserted manually.
    (Following numerous exchange of emails)

Anybody with bank transfers problems, inform your bank to send Revolut reference number first.

To me it appears Barclay's have a finite number of spaces assigned to incoming transfers. TSB tagged on my reference number on the end, first they sent my name, initial, Mr, then their ref number finally followed by Revolut number. Unfortunately by then only space for three of the eight digits.

TSB are telephoning me tomorrow to explain their side, I have already apologised to Revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Have used this already a load of times. My debit card is setup, and it takes like 10 seconds to put money on the card.

Not sure why you would use a bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭J_R

Have used this already a load of times. My debit card is setup, and it takes like 10 seconds to put money on the card.

Not sure why you would use a bank account.
    Hi
    As a back-up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lowfat bricks

Used this revolut card in Chicago for the last month and it was brilliant.

I just topped it up from my debit card as needed, couldn't beat the exchange rate and no extra charges. Used Chase bank atm's mainly and just withdrew the cash. Highly recommend it and the support on the app is great and all for free, win win in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭henke

How long are people typically waiting for their card on the post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote:

Patww79 wrote:
    Mines was to be delivered by the 8th then the 12th and still no sign. Going abroad on the 29th so want it before I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

henke wrote: »
    Mines was to be delivered by the 8th then the 12th and still no sign.

Mine was posted the same date and I still have not received it. I just sent them a message asking if they have sent it yet before I cancel it and request a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Did you get the Turkish fights to Mumbai too!?

Yes!! :D

meolwan wrote: »
    Mine was posted the same date and I still have not received it. I just sent them a message asking if they have sent it yet before I cancel it and request a new one.
    Did you get any response from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Anyone having problems logging in, got randomly logged out yesterday and had to reverify via text, had to get on to support as I'm abroad and text wouldn't come through. Now in the same boat today but can't get a response from support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

duffman13 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems logging in, got randomly logged out yesterday and had to reverify via text, had to get on to support as I'm abroad and text wouldn't come through. Now in the same boat today but can't get a response from support

are you changing sim card or doing anything in relation to changing your number over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

is anyone having problem with ios app? its been crashing on my phone

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

is anyone having problem with ios app? its been crashing on my phone

Yeah, mine was doing that earlier on, I just deleted it and downloaded it again, and it's fine again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

8 working days for delivery is the latest I've heard via Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

just tried to use card it rejected online in aliexpress.com have sufficient balance in us dollars and its only 10 dollars.
    tried to send message from support option no reply so far so wats the next step to do, it was working two weeks ago on the same website

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

lovehathi wrote: »
    just tried to use card it rejected online in aliexpress.com

Did you try again? I had that once before with another card in Aliexpress, card worked the 2nd time a few mins later. It may not be a Revolut issue, other thing to check is if your delivery address matches between Revolut and Aliexpress (although having said that I have ordered items from Aliexpress for delivery to friends as presents without issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Hi msm i tried many times , it keep saying rejected by bank also delivery address is same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

lovehathi wrote: »
    Hi msm i tried many times , it keep saying rejected by bank also delivery address is same.
    Payment rejected whem you have sufficient funds means your card is probably blocked by their automated security system. When this happened to me I was told to send a photo or screenshot of my bank statement showing top-up(s) to Revolut, & sending them to support@revolut.com with the subject matter 'Blocked Account' plus 'the phone number associated with my Revolut account'

The card was unblocked a couple of hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Used my card over the last week in NYC, worked a dream and saved me a good bit.

No issues using it anywhere at all, hope it manages to stay as useful/good value.

• Advertisement

Contacted them today via support on the issue with card delays and this was the response I got:
    2015_10_16_09_42_38.png

Did you get any response from them?

Sorry been away did not get a reply I have asked them again see if i get any response from them.

Contacted them today via support on the issue with card delays and this was the response I got:
    2015_10_16_09_42_38.png

Just got the same reply from them so wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭gipi

Saw on Revolut's facebook page that they are introducing contactless cards, and the switch is the reason for delays in sending out cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Would avoid contactless cards, great I joined early.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

soirish wrote: »
    Would avoid contactless cards, great I joined early.

why would you avoid contactless cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

why would you avoid contactless cards?

They're the devil! And not safe at all!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

They're the devil! And not safe at all!

:D
    They are as safe as normal credit cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Amouar

Talking about safety, Is there a protection on the card if it's used by a fraudster online? Can we claim back the stollen amount like any credit card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement