Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Is MasterCard no longer available as a virtual card? Sorry if it's been asked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sono wrote: »
    My wife’s card expires in 9 days but it won’t let her order a replacement it keeps saying there’s an error, anyone else experience this?

You may need to top it up by the minimum €10
    it there is no money on it as there it a charge of €1.63 I think.

It happened me and topping up sorted it as there was no credit to pay for replacement card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Jeff2 wrote: »
    You may need to top it up by the minimum €10
    it there is no money on it as there it a charge of €1.63 I think.

It happened me and topping up sorted it as there was no credit to pay for replacement card.

Cheers Jeff there is plenty of money on the card which I transferred to her account, do you think she still needs to top up the card herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Cheers Jeff there is plenty of money on the card which I transferred to her account, do you think she still needs to top up the card herself?

I'm not sure but first replacement card cost say €1.63 and second cost €5.99.

It's like they try to get you to upgrade your plan in the app to a monthly charge plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got a message from the app to say that i can give 5 free cards to friends but when i log in i can't see it anywhere. Anyone do this before ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

My wife’s card expires in 9 days but it won’t let her order a replacement it keeps saying there’s an error, anyone else experience this?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108069751&postcount=6115

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

J_A_F_A wrote: »

Thanks for that! Will do this and hopefully that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My original MasterCard card was due to expire, they notified me and sent me a message asking me to order a new one for free. Did so and it arrived less than a week later.

Didn't see anything about paying for it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Dardania wrote: »
    I had it under the "Transfer to Another Account, Including International" section, and worked fine.
    Although in general I use debit card topup with my PTSB - saves me the grief of logging into their website (first world problem)

I've done it in the past. For some reason, its simply not appearing on the list this time (although I don't even understand how it got removed from the list).

I guess I'll debit card top-up like you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Anyone tell me why I am only able to top up a max of €1000 each time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Anyone tell me why I am only able to top up a max of €1000 each time?

Money laundering protections I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm about to make my first purchase using My Revolut card. It's from Amazon.co.uk so will be in stg£ (my Revolut is set up in Euro I presume). Do I need to do anything or is it just a case of using the card to pay in stg£? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

yes just let Revolut do its thing, its also recommended you buy an amazon gift card to the right amount of the item you want to buy, and then purchase the item using the gift card (if its sold and shipped by amazon direct)

BArra wrote: »
    yes just let Revolut do its thing, its also recommended you buy an amazon gift card to the right amount of the item you want to buy, and then purchase the item using the gift card (if its sold and shipped by amazon direct)

Any reason why I'd do that i.e. buy a gift card? All 3 items are fulfilled by Amazon

Synode wrote: »
    BArra wrote: »

Any reason why I'd do that i.e. buy a gift card? All 3 items are fulfilled by Amazon

Because Amazon doesn't debit your card until dispatch which is annoying. If you buy a gift card, it debits your account instantly. Which you can then use to buy what you want.

troyzer wrote: »
    Because Amazon doesn't debit your card until dispatch which is annoying. If you buy a gift card, it debits your account instantly. Which you can then use to buy what you want.

So buy an Amazon Top Up then use that to pay?

troyzer wrote: »

So buy an Amazon Top Up then use that to pay?

Yes. If you go into your account you can top up your balance by any increment as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, buy gift card, apply to balance, select pay with gift card balance at checkout

It's overkill IMO, I always just use the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sometimes Amazon charge the card twice and cancel the first but it can take a few days to process. This might make the second payment fail if you've a low balance on the card. Same with a regular debit card only people tend to have a low balance on Revolut making it more likely.

I've never experienced that issue BTW and I only ever have the balance I need on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

If you're buying a lot of small Amazon Marketplace orders, it debits a whole heap of charges in several separate transactions that seem to trigger a fraud watch/freeze on the card and payments then fail. This a right PITA to sort out, so I use the gift card method for most things now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

One thing to bear in mind though is if you return the item you will get a refund to gift card not back to revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Does anybody know how long withdrawing funds from Paypal take to appear in Revolut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Apologies if this has been asked before.
    I have my revolut card set up on Amazon for 1 click purchases to allow me to use Prime on my tv.

I recently did a purchase. I used my normal bank card to buy. However I have now had £1 taken from my revolut account. The purchase was not equal to this.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Edit - I see the full purchase has gone through on revolut now. Not sure why there is a separate £1 charge.

I have my revolut card set up on Amazon for 1 click purchases to allow me to use Prime on my tv.

I recently did a purchase. I used my normal bank card to buy. However I have now had £1 taken from my revolut account. The purchase was not equal to this.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Edit - I see the full purchase has gone through on revolut now. Not sure why there is a separate £1 charge.

It's a pre-authorisation. It'll get refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Sometimes they like to validate your card exists before taking actual payment. It’s more prominent with physical goods from amazon, where they only charge you when they ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Anyone know how the vault works? I spent 10 euro the other day and it put 24c into the vault and then 2 euro. Can't get my head around this. Have my vault accelerator set to x2.

Anyone know how the vault works? I spent 10 euro the other day and it put 24c into the vault and then 2 euro. Can't get my head around this. Have my vault accelerator set to x2.

The first transaction would have been for € X.88 giving you 12c change, with the acclerator is 24 c.

The second transaction would have been €X.00 giving you change of €1 (this is how they do it when you have a round figure), €2 with the acclerator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭dollylama

Suckit wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long withdrawing funds from Paypal take to appear in Revolut?

I put through a transfer from PayPal to my Revolut account at 8PM last night.. it arrived in Revolut at 9AM this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

dollylama wrote: »
    I put through a transfer from PayPal to my Revolut account at 8PM last night.. it arrived in Revolut at 9AM this morning
    Thanks, same as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Suckit wrote:
    Thanks, same as that.

What's the reason for using PayPal to transfer to Revolut when one has instant transfer with bank card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement