Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Lads we need a sticky FAQ.

Answering the same questions over and over again is getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

You can say that again troyzer

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Has anyone had a bad experience or any issues transferring large sums with Revolut?

I need to move my current/savings account between the UK and Ireland and was planning on doing it with Revolut, but I am very nervous of it getting flagged/reviewed or otherwise held up and having large amounts stuck in limbo. Was planning on doing a couple of smaller transactions around €5000 each.

I've been using Revolut for purchases and smaller transfers ( max around €700) for a few years now, and have verified my identity.
    Anyone got any experience or advice? Am I worrying for nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Has anyone had a bad experience or any issues transferring large sums with Revolut?

Nope. I recently transferred 11k EUR in one go (using SEPA transfer) to my Revolut card. Showed up about 4 hours later.

Converted it into GBP (10k) ... and transferred it to a friend of mine in the UK using Swift transfer. He had the money the same day.

No hassle whatsoever.

And a friend of mine actually lodges his salary directly into his Revolut every month and uses it for all his banking.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Wheety wrote: »
    I know some people will say it's only 23c but that's on a transaction of £3.

And don't forget to buy your wife a sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did a bank transfer to my Revolut from BOI this morning. Anyone know how long it takes to hit Revolut?

Synode wrote: »
    Did a bank transfer to my Revolut from BOI this morning. Anyone know how long it takes to hit Revolut?

From PTSB only a few hours. I'd say it's not so much Revolut delaying here .. more like it's BOI.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone have any luck adding your revolut account to PayPal?
    Seems to deny it, presumably cos it’s a UK IBAN? (which is against EU law apparently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Seems to deny it, presumably cos it’s a UK IBAN? (which is against EU law apparently)

Well, that used to be the understanding but as PayPal might claim it is not a payment accounts under the Directive they actually could get away with it.

The EU Court of Justice recently agreed that receiving/withdrawing to/from non-payment accounts is NOT within the regulation when it comes to savings accounts for example.

So they could make the case as Paypal is not a payment account (i.e. what we call a current account) and only allows withdraws to nominated accounts in your name, they could get away with it.

So unless you want to complain to the regulator and possibly even get a final determination by the EU Court, you might be having a challange.

Not really. But shouldn't matter either. Just add your Revolut card to PayPal. Works just fine.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, just add the Revolut account IBAN, works no problem. Sucks that GBP goes to euro though, the conversion rate is a killer.

delly wrote: »
    Yeah, just add the Revolut account IBAN, works no problem. Sucks that GBP goes to euro though, the conversion rate is a killer.

That's because SEPA transfers are EUR only. Disregardless of country. Meant to be that way.

For GBP transfers you still need to use Swift.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Quick question... I have a Revolut account and an A.I.B. account. Would it be wise to get my salary paid into Revolut account and keep the A.I.B. account “alive” just in case?

Marlow wrote: »
    From PTSB only a few hours. I'd say it's not so much Revolut delaying here .. more like it's BOI.

/M

Still not there. Guessing it will be Monday at this stage. Brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You're hardly gonna get a bank transfer at 9 in the evening are you.

Took 2 hours for a transfer from revolut to n26 today for me.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Took 2 hours for a transfer from revolut to n26 today for me.

It's really funny like that. N26 only tend to credit money once a day ... always seems to take a day from mosts banks. Haven't tried Revolut to N26 though.

Any bank I've tried to Revolut so far .. a few hours and it's credited. Really appreciated that. But it seems to be the norm within the UK between any of the banks.

BOI on the other hand ....... ancient systems and slow as fooook.

/M

It's really funny like that. N26 only tend to credit money once a day ... always seems to take a day from mosts banks. Haven't tried Revolut to N26 though.

Any bank I've tried to Revolut so far .. a few hours and it's credited. Really appreciated that. But it seems to be the norm within the UK between any of the banks.

BOI on the other hand ....... ancient systems and slow as fooook.

/M

Never had an issue transferring to Irish accounts from BOI

Bank of Ireland is a disaster for any kind of transfer of funds. That’s why I left them, they seem to be way behind A.I.B. for speed of online transactions.

Never had an issue transferring to Irish accounts from BOI

Also that takes a work day. Always. Unless it's within the same bank.

/M

Yeah you will literally cry at the speed B.O.I. do transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It can take up to 24 hours but usually 3/4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Synode wrote:

In my experience 3 to 4 hours from BoI when transferred during normal work days. My transfers were made before 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I top up my Revolut from my bank debit card. Its instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

I have it working both ways. (Paypal -> Revolut can take a few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Folks anyone have problems with certain card readers? There is a coffee shop I’ve gone to twice and both times the screen on the machine just stays at processing and eventually give up and use a different card. Any idea why that would happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Calltocall wrote: »
    Folks anyone have problems with certain card readers? There is a coffee shop I’ve gone to twice and both times the screen on the machine just stays at processing and eventually give up and use a different card. Any idea why that would happen?

Their card reader might need an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Raging - had a "suspicious" transaction reported by the app and panicked.

Cancelled the card without thinking - it was the old Mastercard which worked with Google Pay.

New card is a Visa card which doesn't work with Google Pay

long_b wrote: »
    Raging - had a "suspicious" transaction reported by the app and panicked.

Cancelled the card without thinking - it was the old Mastercard which worked with Google Pay.

New card is a Visa card which doesn't work with Google Pay

The only way for you to get a MasterCard back is to subscribe to the premium offer and then cancel within 14 days and eat the £10 charge for the premium card they are going to charge you. The card continues to work without a problem.

The only way for you to get a MasterCard back is to subscribe to the premium offer and then cancel within 14 days and eat the £10 charge for the premium card they are going to charge you. The card continues to work without a problem.

Yup. But at least thats possible. Even for the metal card, but at a bigger charge then.

/M

• Advertisement

Yup. But at least thats possible. Even for the metal card, but at a bigger charge then.

/M

50£ for the metal card ...

But as there is still waiting list for that you might not end up with one but rather 10£ for one of the premium cards (which I have to say look extremely good in their newest variant)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement