Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got notification after updating the app stating that you can unlock a free 12 month subscription if you invite 5 friends to join Revolut. Once they have signed up, verified their identity and ordered their first physical card, you will get the free metal subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Just got notification after updating the app stating that you can unlock a free 12 month subscription if you invite 5 friends to join Revolut. Once they have signed up, verified their identity and ordered their first physical card, you will get the free metal subscription.

Is it via the normal invite link that you have always?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Dardania wrote: »

I assume so as there does not seem to be a special link for the new promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Dardania wrote: »

Yes .. always the normal invite link. And you get notified in the app, when somebody completes their invite.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I’ve had a refund processed to my REVOLUT card but I’ve had to cancel it cause I lost it. It hasn’t shown up on my new card. The company have confirmed it has left there account so in thinking it floating around somewhere in REVOLUT land.

It’s very difficult to talk to a human in REVOLUT land. Any help or suggestions ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

adam88 wrote: »
    I’ve had a refund processed to my REVOLUT card but I’ve had to cancel it cause I lost it. It hasn’t shown up on my new card. The company have confirmed it has left there account so in thinking it floating around somewhere in REVOLUT land.

It’s very difficult to talk to a human in REVOLUT land. Any help or suggestions ??

Did you block the card.?

I'd empty the account and unblock the card to see if it arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

iamtony wrote: »

True but: A/ I'd not hold my breath and /B (playing the Devil's Advocate) they'll apply for a banking licence here as they know we're a soft touch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    True but: A/ I'd not hold my breath and /B (playing the Devil's Advocate) they'll apply for a banking licence here as they know we're a soft touch.

They already have a European banking license, they got it from Lithuania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

J_A_F_A wrote: »

The Central Bank of Ireland are anything but a soft touch anymore. (Not that Revolut are applying for a CBI license).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They most certainly will open a branch of their EU Licensed Bank in Ireland to be able to do this, but they will still need to register with the Central Bank for various services (lending especially) and they also will need to report their loans to Big Brother aka the Central Credit Register (CCR).

The challenge is going to be that even with this services people might not swap over completely as they still rely on Irish Banks for mortgages and fear having one of this modern banks will negatively affect the ability to get those.

Right now they already have most things a standard current account have (well at least to the customer it looks like it, never mind the mess behind the scenes to provide those services) but with a full bank license, they will be able to streamline that and offer all services they want.

adam88 wrote: »

Refunds with Revolut are always fun, even if you still have the card active.

However it does not matter that your card is canceled, refunds will still show up, as the card number is linked to your revolut wallet and hence once it hits them they know where to put the money.

It should be there in 4-7 days after the refund was made, but you might not see a refund transaction just your balance going up as sometimes depending on how the retailer refunds Revolut just removes the original transactions instead of showing a reversal.

If you don't have it after 7 days, I would ask the retailer how he did it, did he cancel the original transaction or did he do a credit and then contact revolut via the chat function. Your only option for support unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just got my card today, looking forward to using this more and more over the coming months.

Currently with AIB Second level student account so I don't think its much use yet, but once fee's etc kick in from this summer once I finish secondary school it may.

Will definitely be a big use for amazon and other online things.

Looks like GPS is once again having issues, there is a warning on the app that some transactions might show up twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Just a couple of questions - can you use the card for cash back when shopping?

Does it take longer if topping up a card from.a credit union account?
    Do bus eireann still not accept the card when purchasing tickets online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions - can you use the card for cash back when shopping?

Does it take longer if topping up a card from.a credit union account?
    Do bus eireann still not accept the card when purchasing tickets online?

No, you can't get Cash Back... Don't know about your other Q's.

I Want to leave my current bank that Revoult is linked to, how can I do that?

Used it for the first time today and it already saved me. Bought food in a restaurant, the machine ran out of paper when the payment went through for a receipt, they wanted me to pay again, I said I already paid and I showed them the notification from Revolut. Thank god for those notifications.

Also interesting, I was asked if I want to pay in EUR or GBP which I never saw on a terminal before, assuming its just the revolut card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

No, you can't get Cash Back...
    What makes you say that? It's just a regular debit.

Cash back works on the Mastercard in my experience but so far it was not offered on the visa to me.

Also interesting, I was asked if I want to pay in EUR or GBP which I never saw on a terminal before, assuming its just the revolut card?

That is because the terminal thinks the card is £ and wants you to choose £ so that they can get a kickback for providing you a bad exchange rate.

With revolut always charge the local currency, and don't accept the dynamic currency conversion.

• Advertisement

That is because the terminal thinks the card is £ and wants you to choose £ so that they can get a kickback for providing you a bad exchange rate.

With revolut always charge the local currency, and don't accept the dynamic currency conversion.

Ah interesting, thanks. So if I was to use that in the UK and that popped up, choose the pound option right so its charged in local currency? Thanks, sorry if its been discussed before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I Want to leave my current bank that Revoult is linked to, how can I do that?

Do you want to be paid into Revolut? Cut out your current bank completely?
    Ah interesting, thanks. So if I was to use that in the UK and that popped up, choose the pound option right so its charged in local currency? Thanks, sorry if its been discussed before.

Exactly. Just act like your card is in the local currency, no matter where you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you want to be paid into Revolut? Cut out your current bank completely?

No, I want to leave my current bank that my Rovlout is connected and to and transfer my new account/details to Revoult.

No, I want to leave my current bank that my Rovlout is connected and to and transfer my new account/details to Revoult.

Colly you would have to do that manually as far as I know.
    It's not like switching from one account in an other in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sorry, I'm not picking up on this clearly.

Do you only want to use Revolut?
    Are you switching banks (for current account)?

If the second, there's not much to change. Just top up Revolut with your new debit card.

Wheety wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not picking up on this clearly.

Do you only want to use Revolut?
    Are you switching banks (for current account)?

If the second, there's not much to change. Just top up Revolut with your new debit card.

No, like transfer information the from Irish bank account to Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

So you basically want to transfer direct debits and standing order and the like ? Given there's no branch to go in to and have do this for you if imagine it's just a case of gradually closing your direct debit in X bank just after a payment (just in case it takes a while to kick in ) and change the payment details for your revolute account. Rinse and repeat for each dd etc.

So you basically want to transfer direct debits and standing order and the like ? Given there's no branch to go in to and have do this for you if imagine it's just a case of gradually closing your direct debit in X bank just after a payment (just in case it takes a while to kick in ) and change the payment details for your revolute account. Rinse and repeat for each dd etc.

Do you think that is hard to do.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

What's your problem Jeff lad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi am late to this, i just signed up yesterday. Am sure my question has been answered but I',m not looking through 466 pages!

Just about to order a card, is the "standard" physical card contact less and have a chip n pin? Under the "metal" and "premium" cards it says they are contact less and you can see the chip, but not so with standard.

I tried the support chat but usless.

Also how much is the card for delivery to dublin?
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement