Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dardania wrote: »
    Revolut charge a % when over €200 atm withdrawal per month.

Oh yeah, I know that. But under 200, you'll still have the bank charging you a couple of dollars for every withdrawal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Oh yeah, I know that. But under 200, you'll still have the bank charging you a couple of dollars for every withdrawal.

There are some banks which won't charge. Someone from the Revolut Community is maintaining a list:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajifjmncdazhzm6/Revolut_FreeATM.xlsx?dl=0

Also ALDI (yes them) did not charge to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

12 cent govt stamp duty on every cash withdrawal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

12 cent govt stamp duty on every cash withdrawal.
    Only at Irish ATMs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Open the app, keeps asking me to verify my email address.

I try and the verification email doesn't hit my Gmail account. I've tried the spam folder too. No joy

Anyone managed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Eventually, yeah. First few times the emails took ages to arrive and when I clicked the link it said code expired. Tried it again about an hour ago and the email arrived in about 30 seconds. Failed the first time I clicked the link, but second time it worked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sorry if this has been asked, but I have searched and gone back through some pages. I’m new to Revolut, and am trying to top up using an AIB Febit card. I keep having the top up rejected. It says “Transaction failed: The Merchant account does not have a provider account associated with it. Please contact Technical support. (400,1048)” Doesn’t seem to work on Apple Pay for that card either. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I have searched and gone back through some pages. I’m new to Revolut, and am trying to top up using an AIB Febit card. I keep having the top up rejected. It says “Transaction failed: The Merchant account does not have a provider account associated with it. Please contact Technical support. (400,1048)” Doesn’t seem to work on Apple Pay for that card either. Any suggestions?

How are you topping up? Clicking the + beside your balance and entering your card details?

Ensure all your details are correct including security code on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

I live in Northern Ireland and would like a free Revolut account.

One huge problem - I don't have a driving licence or passport. How else can I prove my identity? I'm guessing that I'm not eligible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

gr1980 wrote: »
    I live in Northern Ireland and would like a free Revolut account.

One huge problem - I don't have a driving licence or passport. How else can I prove my identity? I'm guessing that I'm not eligible?

You’re pretty much snookered without those - see https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/verifying-identity/how-do-i-verify-my-identity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Dardania wrote: »

Alright cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

5star02707 wrote: »
    1. always pay in the currency of the country you're in
    2. try as much not to withdraw cash and just pay by the card

And also. Always always top up your REVOLUT in your home currency. In this case EUROS

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wheety wrote: »
    How are you topping up? Clicking the + beside your balance and entering your card details?

Ensure all your details are correct including security code on the card.

Debit card, by clicking the + to add card. As I said not working on ApplePay either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Apologies if asked before but is it possible to get cashback at till with revolut card ? And if yes , does it count toward your Atm monthly limit usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Apologies if asked before but is it possible to get cashback at till with revolut card ? And if yes , does it count toward your Atm monthly limit usage?

No as i have tried before. My local bar will do it though. They just take the extra money from payment and give me the cash back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

As above.

From what's been posted it the person at the till puts the transaction through as a purchase then it works.
    But not if it's put in as cashback.

I'v not tried it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Jeff2 wrote: »
    As above.

From what's been posted it the person at the till puts the transaction through as a purchase then it works.
    But not if it's put in as cashback.

I'v not tried it through.

- My local Pub also put's it through as one transaction so I can get cash back.

- Only one way to find out -give it a try and if it's not working ask them to do it as one transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - My local Pub also put's it through as one transaction so I can get cash back.

- Only one way to find out -give it a try and if it's not working ask them to do it as one transaction.

I'v the master card rather than then the visa so I was just answering the poster.

I guess visa (regular) card is what op has.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mojo Hand

Can you transfer funds from your credit union A/c to your Revolut card. Just applying for one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

With REVOLUT do yo upay stamp duty per account or per card. Want to get a younger brother a card linked to my account that I can set up a spending limit on that he can use but will I have to pay an extra stamp duty because of this

• Advertisement

Mojo Hand wrote: »
    Can you transfer funds from your credit union A/c to your Revolut card. Just applying for one now.

You are given an IBAN so it should be possible.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Mojo Hand wrote: »

I've sent money from my Revolut card to my credit union account so I presume it'll work the other way around. You get a BIC/IBAN for your Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

adam88 wrote: »
    With REVOLUT do yo upay stamp duty per account or per card. Want to get a younger brother a card linked to my account that I can set up a spending limit on that he can use but will I have to pay an extra stamp duty because of this

you pay stamp duty on every withdrawal you make 12cents each time you withdraw up to max of 5 euro for the whole year i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not to derail the thread, but please stop capitalising it every time you post about it, it's doing my ****ing head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Not to derail the thread, bit please stop capitalising it every time you post about it, it's doing my ****ing head in!

saved in his phone memory like that I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    saved in his phone memory like that I imagine

Well then he can fix it!

Well then he can fix it!

I LIKE it. It's kind of like READING a tabloid newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Been using revolut a few weeks. Went for 2 pints after work this evening and used contactless to pay for both. Both payments went through at the bar grand, but after getting notified that payment for 2nd pint has been reverted and money back in my account. Anyone come across something like this before? Account has plenty of money in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Been using revolut a few weeks. Went for 2 pints after work this evening and used contactless to pay for both. Both payments went through at the bar grand, but after getting notified that payment for 2nd pint has been reverted and money back in my account. Anyone come across something like this before? Account has plenty of money in it.

It'll come off later. It's happened to me before when I was renewing my Leinster season ticket but it does always come off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

I've sent money from my Revolut card to my credit union account so I presume it'll work the other way around. You get a BIC/IBAN for your Revolut.

Dont revoult send a code to your account that you are linking to revoult that you need to set it up how do you get this code from your credit union when they dont do online banking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement