Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

irishgeo wrote: »
    Phone Insurance available just insured mine.

That insurance doesn't appear to cover the show going belly up and one losing one's money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

seligehgit wrote: »
    That insurance doesn't appear to cover the show going belly up and one losing one's money?

Yes. Just like using your microwave doesn't insure against your car being robbed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

seligehgit wrote: »

2 euro month to month.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

listermint wrote: »
    It's excellent. Use it consistently with my phone. And doesn't have that stupid 30 limit that banks have.

Good crack in the petrol station paying for a full tank with tap on the phone attendants always make a weird face when the large transaction goes through.

Are you sure bank cards have the limit when paying by phone? My AIB physical card has the €30 limit but when using it with Apple pay (which I do 95% of the time) there's no such limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Are you sure bank cards have the limit when paying by phone? My AIB physical card has the €30 limit but when using it with Apple pay (which I do 95% of the time) there's no such limit.

Apple Pay doesn’t have the €30 limit

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still doesn't work with the VISA card, just tried. Wonder when that will be supported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

listermint wrote: »
    It's excellent. Use it consistently with my phone. And doesn't have that stupid 30 limit that banks have.

Good crack in the petrol station paying for a full tank with tap on the phone attendants always make a weird face when the large transaction goes through.

Is there no contactless limit on Revolout ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

adam88 wrote: »
    Is there no contactless limit on Revolout ??

30 but if using your phone to pay through the NFC then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I set up Google Pay last night with Revolut and used it for the first time today. Worked perfectly. Very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I want to buy something online, it is 28 dollars so using revolut is the best for this right? It should just take my euro and automatically change to dollars at a better exchange rate (if I wait till monday for that better rate?)

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I see they are offering free metal for 12 months to anyone who gets 5 people to sign up in the next 5 days. Nothing really in it for the person signing up apart from getting to use the service but if anyone is signing up and would would be willing to allow me send them an invite I'd be very appreciative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I want to buy something online, it is 28 dollars so using revolut is the best for this right? It should just take my euro and automatically change to dollars at a better exchange rate (if I wait till monday for that better rate?)

thanks
    The difference is a cent or two, up to you if you want to make that saving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I’ve been a user of Revolut since day one, usually on line and normally find it excellent.
    Today, for the first time, I used it in another EU Country but still paid in Euros (it’the Canaries), but when I looked at the transaction, the payment had been made in Sterling.
    My gripe is this “Rita” thing, it’s an absolute joke; how does one get t talk to a human, or even a trained chimpanzee?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

I was on to a bot before but once they couldn't help me I think it transferred me to a live agent.. Actually may have had to write "live agent" for it to happen..

I'm not on the free one though but dunno if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is lending via Revolut now available in Ireland or UK?

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Is lending via Revolut now available in Ireland or UK?

You can lend me money via Revolut if you want :D

milhous wrote: »
    I was on to a bot before but once they couldn't help me I think it transferred me to a live agent.. Actually may have had to write "live agent" for it to happen..

The only help it gave was to say it couldn’t help and to revert to the merchant. The merchant is blameless, they priced the goods in Euros and the receipt was in Euros. At the beginning, talking to a human was normal, now there is even a convoluted menu.
    I stand to lose on this as I bought Sterling when it was at its lowest ebb a while back.

milhous wrote: »

The only help it gave was to say it couldn’t help and to revert to the merchant. The merchant is blameless, they priced the goods in Euros and the receipt was in Euros. At the beginning, talking to a human was normal, now there is even a convoluted menu.
    I stand to lose on this as I bought Sterling when it was at its lowest ebb a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This happened to me in Italy yesterday, I withdrew 100 from an ATM and got charged around 120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Very disappointed with Revolut after all of the good things I have heard. Can't add international beneficiaries for Bank Transfers. It is a known issue that has been around for over a year and has not been resolved.

https://community.revolut.com/t/cannot-add-a-new-beneficiary-in-android-app/29902

• Advertisement

Very disappointed with Revolut after all of the good things I have heard. Can't add international beneficiaries for Bank Transfers. It is a known issue that has been around for over a year and has not been resolved.

https://community.revolut.com/t/cannot-add-a-new-beneficiary-in-android-app/29902

I can add an international beneficiary no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I can add an international beneficiary no problem

The link to the forum suggests it is widespread and not just me. Are you on Android?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Marhay70 wrote: »
    but when I looked at the transaction, the payment had been made in Sterling.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    This happened to me in Italy yesterday, I withdrew 100 from an ATM and got charged around 120

Many ATM's now "offer" Dynamic Currency Conversion. They should offer you the choice of paying in the local currency, or your home currency. Sometimes they get it wrong.

If they ATM did not offer you a choice, you can argue this with your card provider and get the difference back.

The link to the forum suggests it is widespread and not just me. Are you on Android?

No

The link also says people have managed it leaving out the phone number etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,305 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they ATM did not offer you a choice, you can argue this with your card provider and get the difference back.

That is the point of their post...

They were charged in a non-native currency on a native currency transaction

Revolut possibly have bigger problems right now though

Many ATM's now "offer" Dynamic Currency Conversion. They should offer you the choice of paying in the local currency, or your home currency. Sometimes they get it wrong.

That's what I'm trying to do but the damned robot won't let me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Op you have to press specific currency option on the machine.

This is nothing to do with revolut it's on you.

You did it wrong. Same as the guy in Italy above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I have beneficiaries in about seven countries. Have done for years. On Android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement