Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When I first added Revolut to PayPal and purchased an item PayPal still did the conversion, when I contacted Revolut they outlined the steps which stopped PayPal doing any conversion in future, yours might go through perfectly fine but keep an eye on it as PayPal’s rates are terrible

I had noticed that on PayPal some time ago. I think the rate is worse than the banks. I always make sure to uncheck the conversion box so hopefully that will allow Revolut to pay in GBP. As far as I remember, PayPal's rates weren't always so bad. Amazon on the other hand know how to catch you out - I'd prefer to take my chances with the bank's rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

How long will it take for my card to be delivered? It says 2 weeks - is that likely to be the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

glack wrote: »
    How long will it take for my card to be delivered? It says 2 weeks - is that likely to be the case?

I'd say closer to a week

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I'd say closer to a week

Fingers crossed. I ordered it Monday. Was hoping to have it with me to the UK mid next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Fingers crossed. I ordered it Monday. Was hoping to have it with me to the UK mid next week.

Is it free to order a card as a new customer at the moment?

I got the 5 days to sign up 5 new customers to get free metal. Tough sell if it's not currently free.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »

I got the 5 days to sign up 5 new customers to get free metal. Tough sell if it's not currently free.

€6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Surely they don't need a physical card for you to have your 5 sign ups? You don't have to order one.

If your friends wait a while, they will eventually be offered their first physical card free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Wheety wrote: »
    Surely they don't need a physical card for you to have your 5 sign ups? You don't have to order one.

If your friends wait a while, they will eventually be offered their first physical card free.

Unfortunately tt states they need to have signed up and ordered a physical card to count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

2 weeks at the most. Probably quicker. But fairly reliably ... 2 weeks or less.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ordered it on a Thursday ...dispatched the next morning ...delivered the Friday of the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Got a charge from Amazon rejected despite having the funds in place. Ever happen to anybody else?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Got a charge from Amazon rejected despite having the funds in place. Ever happen to anybody else?

Do you have online sales disabled, or have the card frozen? I often have this sent to off when I'm not using the card, then forget to enable when I'm using it next time.

delly wrote: »
    Do you have online sales disabled, or have the card frozen? I often have this sent to off when I'm not using the card, then forget to enable when I'm using it next time.

No all good looking at the app

I'll see does it go through again

Did you convert your money to sterling first?

Did you convert your money to sterling first?

Yes

Just this minute I got a notification that the payment has gone through

Grand. If there's not enough in one currency it can fail.

You don't need to convert first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just tried to withdraw €400. Nothing came out of the machine but I got charged not only €400 but an extra €8.

It says pending on the transaction list but it is indeed gone from my account.

Live chat isn't even working let alone being able to go into the hours long queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

When you say nothing came out - was it declined on the atm, or did the flap open and no cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just tried to withdraw €400. Nothing came out of the machine but I got charged not only €400 but an extra €8.

It says pending on the transaction list but it is indeed gone from my account.

Live chat isn't even working let alone being able to go into the hours long queue.

The €8 is the 2% fee once you take out more than €200 a month.

I used a AIB card at a AIB ATM to take out €200 a few weeks ago.

Didn't get the money but was out of my account.

That was on a Friday it was back in my account Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭webpal

I would like to use Revolut for my bookies account. when money is withdrawn, is this treated like a cash withdrawal (charges after €200) or like a normal purchase?

Currently my cc treats it as a cash withdrawal and charges as a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

webpal wrote: »
    I would like to use Revolut for my bookies account. when money is withdrawn, is this treated like a cash withdrawal (charges after €200) or like a normal purchase?

Currently my cc treats it as a cash withdrawal and charges as a result
    Withdraw how, at an ATM or some other means? Revolut only charge if you withdraw cash at an ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭webpal

TheChizler wrote: »
    Withdraw how, at an ATM or some other means? Revolut only charge if you withdraw cash at an ATM.
    As an online transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

webpal wrote: »
    As an online transaction.

Online betting "withdrawals" are basically card refunds. It won't cost you anything.

Unless you later take it out of an ATM as cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Heading to the UK at the weekend. Should I change some money over to sterling on the app in advance? If i do will the card automatically use the sterling rather than any euro amount left in the account?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Heading to the UK at the weekend. Should I change some money over to sterling on the app in advance? If i do will the card automatically use the sterling rather than any euro amount left in the account?

I wouldn't bother unless you're going to be dealing in a large amount of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Keep an eye on Brexit news over the week. If Theresa May dances again, the Sterling will plumit :pac:

Wouldn’t worry about converting it unless it was a massive sum of cash really. The weekend rates are marginally worse and barely makes a difference tbh

I only have Euro in my Revolut. When I click on my balance, I can see a GB IBAN. Is that just a Euro account?

To get paid sterling, can I just use that or do I need a separate sterling IBAN? Will it automatically convert it

Edit: I just added a GBP account. I don't get a new IBAN so presume a sterling payment to my IBAN will just go to the sterling account?

Edit2: I now have a GBP local account with an account number and sort code. Dunno if I did something or it just takes a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I only have Euro in my Revolut. When I click on my balance, I can see a GB IBAN. Is that just a Euro account?

To get paid sterling, can I just use that or do I need a separate sterling IBAN? Will it automatically convert it

Edit: I just added a GBP account. I don't get a new IBAN so presume a sterling payment to my IBAN will just go to the sterling account?

Edit2: I now have a GBP local account with an account number and sort code. Dunno if I did something or it just takes a few minutes.

It's because the bank is uk based that's why the IBAN has GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

IBAN .. aka SEPA transfers is always EUR. Nevermind the GB extension. Swift transfers to your sortcode/account is going to be GBP.

Revolut then converts (on demand) into whatever currency you want.

/M

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Would the GB account and sort code (it's different to my main IBAN) be best for receiving a sterling payment or does it not really matter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement