Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Marlow wrote: »
    IBAN .. aka SEPA transfers is always EUR. Nevermind the GB extension. Swift transfers to your sortcode/account is going to be GBP.

Revolut then converts (on demand) into whatever currency you want.

/M

That is no longer correct as of January. The IBAN is now the same for any currency that you have in your wallet. The currency of the transfer defines into which wallet it goes. So if you do a non-UK domestic transfer in £ it will go into £, if you receive it in CHF it will go into your CHF wallet. There is no more conversion unless you don't have the currency wallet.

SEPA is correct, it's always EURO, but the IBAN is also used for SWIFT, not the uk domestic account.

UK domestic sortcode/account is going into your £ wallet and paysafe (their provider) supports fasterpay, so it should be there same day if the sender supports it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Wheety wrote: »
    Cheers.

Would the GB account and sort code (it's different to my main IBAN) be best for receiving a sterling payment or does it not really matter?

If the £ is coming from the UK using the GB account and sort code is the cheapest for the sender (as it's a domestic transfer) and if the sender's bank does faster pay system than it's there within hours.

For non-UK payments, it's the IBAN as it's coming via swift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Nice info in the last few threads there as I’ve a few hundred sterling owed to me.

Next question.... with the whole Brexit thing would I be better to have it transferred and convert it now (in Revolut) or after 29th March? Like is there likely to be a substantial change in the value of sterling after that date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Simon201 wrote: »
    Like is there likely to be a substantial change in the value of sterling after that date?

Hang on, I just need to make sure I checked the lottery numbers I know are coming up tonight and then I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hang on, I just need to make sure I checked the lottery numbers I know are coming up tonight and then I'll get back to you.

A prediction on the impact on sterling post Brexit would be far easier than predicting lotto numbers.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    A prediction on the impact on sterling post Brexit would be far easier than predicting lotto numbers.

And brexit's happening when? In what form?

Nobody knows anything about what's going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Nobody knows anything about what's going to happen.

I'd imagine there are more lotto numbers combinations than potential Brexit deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but revolut now supports Garmin pay or at least it's mentioned as supported in the Garmin Connect app although for some reason I can't add my card hopefully someone else will have better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Has anyone managed to use their revolut card on wish.com? It wont accept any billing ZIP / sort code that I've tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to use their revolut card on wish.com? It wont accept any billing ZIP / sort code that I've tried

Wish have started asking people for a copy of their bank statements and passports when paying for things now, so could be a wish issue.

I've closed my account after hearing it. Check the price of the item on Ebay - its often cheaper anyway.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    I'd imagine there are more lotto numbers combinations than potential Brexit deals

And for all those outcomes, what's going to happen to sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Kamili wrote: »
    Wish have started asking people for a copy of their bank statements and passports when paying for things now, so could be a wish issue.

I've closed my account after hearing it. Check the price of the item on Ebay - its often cheaper anyway.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Never used wish got so pissed off with their constant ads on YouTube, I vowed never to use them but aren't they basically just a slightly more expensive version of AliExpress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Soon ... according to Liberty Insurance .. they just send out the insurance greencard to all their car insurance clients .. just to make sure you don't get into hassle going to NI post no Brexit Deal. :p

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Kamili wrote: »

Bank statements and passports?

To buy commodity tat?

Are they for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

lawred2 wrote: »
    Bank statements and passports?

To buy commodity tat?

Are they for real?
    Absolutely.
    I'll just leave this here
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/03/14/gearbest-reportedly-left-its-main-database-unsecured-payment-information-and-other-customer-data-easily-accessible/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

webpal wrote: »
    TheChizler wrote: »
    Withdraw how, at an ATM or some other means? Revolut only charge if you withdraw cash at an ATM.
    As an online transaction.
    Im pretty sure revolut don't like you using your card on bookies websites. Some were even blocked. The policy may have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

irishgeo wrote: »
    Im pretty sure revolut don't like you using your card on bookies websites. Some were even blocked. The policy may have changed.

Revolut works fine on my many bookie accounts. When I withdraw from a bookie account it shows up a few days later in my Revolut account as a refund (with no fees.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Yep. Check out trust pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

irishgeo wrote: »

Wouldn't be a big gambler but out money into paddy Power from revolut no problem and just withdrew to revolut. Its says it'll take 3-5days. Same standard processing time as it was to aib

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

milhous wrote:
    Wouldn't be a big gambler but out money into paddy Power from revolut no problem and just withdrew to revolut. Its says it'll take 3-5days. Same standard processing time as it was to aib

Wouldn't let me do it directly few days ago but could do it via PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I received my Revolut Card. The Card was in a stylish rectangular box and slided out of it for easy access.

However It was posted in the cheapest of envelopes which could easily have torn. It was a careless way for a Bank to send a product.

Im not sure if mine had been opened by someone else and then reposted on.

How did the people here receive their card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

I received my Revolut Card. The Card was in a stylish rectangular box and slided out of it for easy access.

However It was posted in the cheapest of envelopes which could easily have torn. It was a careless way for a Bank to send a product.

What did you want them to do, hand deliver it? ;)

Last time I got a replacement card from Ulster bank, it was in a envelope also, in fact it didn't even come in a nice box!

slimboyfat wrote: »
    What did you want them to do, hand deliver it? ;)

Last time I got a replacement card from Ulster bank, it was in a envelope also, in fact it didn't even come in a nice box!

I expected an envelope. Im talking about the quality of the envelope that was used. It just looked very cheap and careless. Not a good image when they are trying to compete with Banks for customers.

I bet when you received your replacement card it was in a secure business quality Envelope.

Little things mean a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

No, just a bog standard envelope, nothing fancy at all.

Remember banks are there to make money and will save wherever they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Aye .. even permanent TSB just sends the card in a standard window envelope, sticky-taped to a piece of paper.

Easy to copy the card number and expiry without even opening the envelope.

So the way Revolut does it with that nice slider, is far safer than any of the other banks. Nevermind the envelope.

Curve does something similar to Revolut. Not as shiney, but you have a tear strip to open the outer cover and then get the card from the inner slieve. Either way, it doesn't really matter, because your card is not fully active, until you receive it. You have to confirm it in the app.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Just got an email saying cryptocurrencies are unlocked. Can’t think of a single reason to use it though. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

being asked to provide proof of where i get my funds from. cant withdraw my money until i do. wtf?

i send my money from aib which comes in from various sources, not just from wages.

i didnt use my card anyway differenly than i have since getting it 3 years ago. all i can think of is that i used my revolut app with a proxy server set up on my phone? then topping up(with no proxy), i received a notification with this security check :S

Marlow wrote: »
    Aye .. even permanent TSB just sends the card in a standard window envelope, sticky-taped to a piece of paper.

Easy to copy the card number and expiry without even opening the envelope.

So the way Revolut does it with that nice slider, is far safer than any of the other banks. Nevermind the envelope.

Curve does something similar to Revolut. Not as shiney, but you have a tear strip to open the outer cover and then get the card from the inner slieve. Either way, it doesn't really matter, because your card is not fully active, until you receive it. You have to confirm it in the app.

/M

I don't see any message asking me to confirm receipt of the card.

Instead there is a message saying I have to enter the Pin when I use the card for the first time. Is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

that slide out box was so fun to play with when i first received my card:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement