Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I want to topup my Revolut account from my Transferwise account. I havent received my Transferwise card yet.

To transfer money from my Transferwise account to my Revolut account costs around 65cents.

Is it better to wait until the Transferwise card arrives and then topup in the Revolut App using the Card. Would that be cheaper.

The 65cents is trivial but Im wondering what would be the best method when topping up larger amounts.

Can you not just use your debit card ? Personally i never top up much money to Revolut. When i am abroad i will just top up the amount i think i am going to spend that day, if i need more i will just use WiFi and add more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Can you not just use your debit card ? Personally i never top up much money to Revolut. When i am abroad i will just top up the amount i think i am going to spend that day, if i need more i will just use WiFi and add more.

I want to move whats in my Transferwise account to my Revolut account. Revolut has fewer fees and is better for purchasing online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is the Transferwise a debit card? Should cost nothing to top up with it in the Revolut app once you know the card details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I want to move whats in my Transferwise account to my Revolut account. Revolut has fewer fees and is better for purchasing online.

that's right just add the Transferwise debit card in Revolut and top up your revolut account. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Had a search through the thread but couldn't find an answer.

I'm buying a car from the UK this Saturday (Circa £10K). Thinking of paying private selling via. revolut.

Can I do an instant transfer from the UB Debit card into my revolut account for circa €11k and if so, is it available immediately? Fear it getting stuck in limbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Had a search through the thread but couldn't find an answer.

I'm buying a car from the UK this Saturday (Circa £10K). Thinking of paying private selling via. revolut.

Can I do an instant transfer from the UB Debit card into my revolut account for circa €11k and if so, is it available immediately? Fear it getting stuck in limbo.

No, there's a daily limit on card top ups. I think it's €500.

It would be far too easy to money launder if could stick €11k on it in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

troyzer wrote: »

That's not true. I've topped out thousands in one go from my card. Multiple times in one day too.

That's not true. I've topped out thousands in one go from my card. Multiple times in one day too.

Seems like it depends on the person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

troyzer wrote: »

I've topped up by thousands (about 7k) in one go from AIB before without issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I've topped up by thousands (about 7k) in one go from AIB before without issues.

If I remember correctly, the cross border thing, where things get flagged is when you exceed 7500 EUR ... been a while since I looked into that.

Having said that, I've before transferred 11k from N26 into Revolut, but that was a SEPA transfer. And then immidiatly transfered it out to a UK account in GBP. No hassle there.

/M

• Advertisement

The problem isn't transfers. The problem is card top ups. But like I said, Revolut have some sort of dynamic limit depending on history and spending patterns. I remember when I first signed up with Revolut I was struggling to top up by more than €500 a day.

However, that's because I was working in the North with a Nordie account but most of my spending was in the south. So it's possible they flagged me and put a low limit on my account.

I’ve topped up by over 1k in the past without issue from a debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

New Sort Codes and account numbers coming for the UK account, it will be sort code 04-00-75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Just a heads up that over the next few weeks, you will receive new account details for use on GBP transfers within the UK. You’ll notice a new account number and a new sort code ‘04-00-75’. It’s part of our commitment to make Revolut faster and easier for you to use and will allow sending and receiving transfers within minutes.

Important stuff

Your new account details will appear automatically in the app, and we’ll let you know when this happens. Once your new details are live in the app, you can start using them right away. Just a heads up, your old account details will stop working from the 22nd May 2019.

If you have standing orders set up on your Revolut account, these will switch to using your new details automatically. Just remember to share your new account details with friends and family to continue receiving transfers.

You can find your account details in the app by going to More > Profile > Account Details > GBP.

As a result of this upgrade, we need to make a few changes to our terms and conditions. You will no longer receive services directly from one of our partners (Modulr FS Limited), which means that the terms and conditions you have with Modulr will not apply anymore and we will be removing them from our set of terms and conditions on the website.

We will be removing the daily and weekly transaction limits which will become variable rather than hard limits. You can find out your transaction limits at any time by reaching out to customer support via in-app chat.

These changes will come into effect on 22 May 2019. You don’t need to do anything as these changes will automatically apply to you. If you don’t want to accept them, you can contact us via in-app chat to close your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Mav11

Anybody having issues with the text verification code? Over the past few days my App is not requiring it for login or if it is, it is taking a very long time to arrive. I've reinstalled the app, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Thanks Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Open the app, keeps asking me to verify my email address.

I try and the verification email doesn't hit my Gmail account. I've tried the spam folder too. No joy

Anyone managed it?

This still isn't working. I must have tried 20 times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Open the app, keeps asking me to verify my email address.

I try and the verification email doesn't hit my Gmail account. I've tried the spam folder too. No joy

Anyone managed it?

My usual email simply would never receive their verification email so I tried my college email and it arrived in the inbox within a minute.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with the text verification code? Over the past few days my App is not requiring it for login or if it is, it is taking a very long time to arrive. I've reinstalled the app, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Thanks Mav
    Same here

Same here

Thanks Stockshares it must be a more general issue so. It certainly reduces the security safeguards of the app.

Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Twice in two days now I've struggled to use my debit card on UK websites for some reason. Anyone having issues? Plenty of money on the cards

• Advertisement

Mav11 wrote: »
    Thanks Stockshares it must be a more general issue so. It certainly reduces the security safeguards of the app.

Mav
    I noticed that it started to happen after I added Transferwise and Paypal apps to my phone. Could they interfere with the Revolut app?

Sms messages to all these apps are erratic now. Sometimes I have to ask them to resend codes

Ive also noticed that after entering my phone number and pin the App can take a long time to open or else it can sometimes fail to open

I noticed that it started to happen after I added Transferwise and Paypal apps to my phone. Could they interfere with the Revolut app?

Sms messages to all these apps are erratic now. Sometimes I have to ask them to resend codes

Ive also noticed that after entering my phone number and pin the App can take a long time to open or else it can sometimes fail to open

I don't have either of those apps on my phone. Likewise, the Revolut app has got very erratic. I've cleared the cache and reinstalled the app, but no difference.
    My main concern is that the sms is no longer required, just the mobile number and 4 digit code, which probably means that the account could be accessed from any phone?

Wonder is anybody else experiencing this?

Mav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It was slow to use for online payments this week and topping up took a few goes.

Not sure what the story is but wasn’t as it usually is

Still worked in the end though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"We will be removing the daily and weekly transaction limits which will become variable rather than hard limits. You can find out your transaction limits at any time by reaching out to customer support via in-app chat."

You have to reach out via in-app chat to find out what your variable limit is? This doesn't seem very user friendly.

Could they not just have this info in the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

When this happened me it was in my promotions folder in Gmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Terrible article. The article is dated 23 March but the problems referred to happened on 1 March. Totally unrelated matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Terrible article. The article is dated 23 March but the problems referred to happened on 1 March. Totally unrelated matters.

Yes there are new account numbers to cover it.
    From what I'v read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't know or can't find my passport....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Where is the evidence that the problems encountered on 1 March were Brexit related? The requirement for the new account numbers will only arise if there is no Brexit agreement (Brexit crash out).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement