Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

Good idea but I'd much prefer a website interface instead of an app.
    Scruff wrote: »
    Same here especially as i have a Windows phone and i tried installing the app on my Nexus tablet and Play store said it wasnt compatible.
    I'm presuming then that you can only join if you have an Android or IOS phone?

LADS
    download an android emulator such as Bluestacks and then install the app on the emulator on your pc and you'll be able to upload money and do all the stuff the app lets you do.

My phone is Jellybean operating system and for some reason they don't support jellybean android users afaik, well my phone can't download it anyway. but bluestacks is a class solution for it via windows.

so you don't need to chuck yer windows phone away yet.
    Although......

ps ye can try other emulators other than bluestacks but andy emulator and any other ones I tried are either shiiite for that app or not free. bluestacks is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got my physical card in the post today. The expiry date and the CVV are different than my digital card in the app.

Has this happened for anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Just be careful if you use an Irish PayPal account on the same IP. They flagged my UK PayPal account because of IP checking and blocked it now. Unsure how I'm gonna get away with bank account and address verification as I obviously no UK bank account and only rely on my Revolut details.

I just added the card to my existing Irish paypal account.....sounds like you set up an entirely different account just to use the card with?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I had no bother adding card to my Paypal acc either, I've used it about half dozen times on eBay already using this card as payment via PayPal

Pulse8 wrote:
    Just realised that after I added the card to Paypal that I dont think the initial charge Paypal make to verify went back on the card, no biggie as it was only a few quid but still strange....

I had two Paypal amounts pending on my account after I added this card to my PayPal profile, both were for equivalent to $1 each but were both refunded back into my acc after about 10 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I had two Paypal amounts pending on my account after I added this card to my PayPal profile, both were for equivalent to $1 each but were both refunded back into my acc after about 10 days

I had the £1 charge to verify the address refunded exactly 36 hours after it was charged.

I'm still waiting on 4 x $1 charges to be refunded.}

Why 4 you ask?

I made a typo when adding my address to the app, and even though I corrected it afterwards, paypal would only accept the address with the typo.

It probably takes 24 hours for Mastercard to update it, thats if they update it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just got my physical card in the post today. The expiry date and the CVV are different than my digital card in the app.

It didn't happen to me. its strange that it would. check if the card you got has your name on it, if not then they posted to wrong address, mixed up 2 people. otherwise you have 2 cards.

I doubt you'll be able to use the card as the pin for the card on the app, should be for the card showing in the app.

give support@revolut.com an email, they are quick at responding ( as in avg <24 hours for my 5 or so queries so far, which is decent for the huge volume of customers they have)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cnolan wrote: »
    It didn't happen to me. its strange that it would. check if the card you got has your name on it, if not then they posted to wrong address, mixed up 2 people. otherwise you have 2 cards.

I doubt you'll be able to use the card as the pin for the card on the app, should be for the card showing in the app.

give support@revolut.com an email, they are quick at responding ( as in avg <24 hours for my 5 or so queries so far, which is decent for the huge volume of customers they have)

I got in touch with support at 9.50 last night and got it all sorted for me. The in app card just hadn't updated to reflect the new physical card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Also note if you've registered the previous card elsewhere you'll have to update (ie ebay/paypal etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

cnolan wrote: »
    LADS
    download an android emulator such as Bluestacks and then install the app on the emulator on your pc and you'll be able to upload money and do all the stuff the app lets you do.

My phone is Jellybean operating system and for some reason they don't support jellybean android users afaik, well my phone can't download it anyway. but bluestacks is a class solution for it via windows.

so you don't need to chuck yer windows phone away yet.
    Although......

ps ye can try other emulators other than bluestacks but andy emulator and any other ones I tried are either shiiite for that app or not free. bluestacks is free.

never though of that, Good idea!
    But do you not need a device with a SIM card in the same way that WhatsApp uses the SIM to verify the account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Scruff wrote: »
    never though of that, Good idea!
    But do you not need a device with a SIM card in the same way that WhatsApp uses the SIM to verify the account?

You just need to receive a text and enter the code via bluestacks manually. Doesn't have to be on the same device as the revolut app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

"verify account" still doesn't work for me in app. I know i can email photos etc to revolut but i had hoped that this issue would have been addressed by now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

emmetkenny wrote: »

My card arrived today(ordered it on Oct 22nd), same thing, different CVV and expiry date.. I force-stopped the app, cleared the data, cleared the cache, powered my phone off/on. Had to re-enter my phone number and the confirmation number that was texted once I'd done so. CVV & expiry date now the same as on the physical card. Had to update expiry date info in my Amazon account though

Have used the card online a few times so far, no problems. And yes, I thought the packaging was neat.:)

Just topped up there but I notice I didn't have to enter my card's CVV code nor did I have to go through the verified by Visa malarkey. Obviously that means it's much easier to lodge money but maybe a bit too easy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Just topped up there but I notice I didn't have to enter my card's CVV code nor did I have to go through the verified by Visa malarkey. Obviously that means it's much easier to lodge money but maybe a bit too easy! :D

same here... far too easy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did anyone use this card in Morocco? If so was there any extra fee for withdrawing money from ATMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

having problems registering on my girlfriend's iphone. get to the point where they send you a text message with a code but when i insert it says code expired. tried again after 60 seconds and same thing happens. support said log in then log back out, didnt work. said to delete and reinstal app, didnt work. anybody else had this issue?
    when i signed on my iphone it was a breeze, within a minute i had signed up, got £5 credit, topped out with a credit card and was ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    having problems registering on my girlfriend's iphone. get to the point where they send you a text message with a code but when i insert it says code expired. tried again after 60 seconds and same thing happens. support said log in then log back out, didnt work. said to delete and reinstal app, didnt work. anybody else had this issue?
    when i signed on my iphone it was a breeze, within a minute i had signed up, got £5 credit, topped out with a credit card and was ready to go!

It can be done, because I broke my phone and installed the app on the Mrs' until i got a replacement. Maybe it cant run on two devices at the same time?

Satriale wrote: »
    It can be done, because I broke my phone and installed the app on the Mrs' until i got a replacement. Maybe it cant run on two devices at the same time?

I have the app installed on my iPhone and iPad and use the app on both devices regularly so that can't be the issue. The only issue I had when I set the app up for my wife with her own acc was, her account was automatically blocked when I topped up her acc, the reason for this was I used the same visa debit card to top up her acc as I have that card registered as my method of top up. There doesn't actually seem to be any way around this issue, so what I have to to now is if my wife wants to top up her acc, I top up mine by whatever amount and then I send that amount to her account. It's not ideal but it works and it's also instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Are people using this online? E.g. for Amazon? How much are you saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

n1ck wrote: »
    Are people using this online? E.g. for Amazon? How much are you saving?

(Order Total: GBP 60.00)

amazon rate:
    Payment Total: EUR 87,45

revolut:
    GBP 60 = EUR 84,11

It won't accept my passport. Any tips how to use the convoluted recognition system?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi all,

just back from my New York trip and to report that all went very well with my Revolut card. some ATM s charge for cash withdrawal but you just exit and find another ATM or take the hit - $/€1.75 was the norm. Actual bank ATMs didn't charge. as used my CC also on holiday i am annoyed at myself for not putting all spare cash i had onto my revolut card as there are a lot of currency conversion fees on my credit card online statement! no charges on revolut card but it's well wiggled now as just €8.53 left on card!

tregan wrote: »
    hi all,

just back from my New York trip and to report that all went very well with my Revolut card. some ATM s charge for cash withdrawal but you just exit and find another ATM or take the hit - $/€1.75 was the norm. Actual bank ATMs didn't charge. as used my CC also on holiday i am annoyed at myself for not putting all spare cash i had onto my revolut card as there are a lot of currency conversion fees on my credit card online statement! no charges on revolut card but it's well wiggled now as just €8.53 left on card!

How did you know which ATM will charge a fee? Does the ATM displays the charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Amouar wrote: »
    How did you know which ATM will charge a fee? Does the ATM displays the charge?

It comes up on the Atm screen i'm pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

It is mentioned on ATM screen, so there is time to avoid transaction with ATM charges. Just look for ATM belonging to bank.

I also had two refunds, and they came back into my dollar "account" - instead of Euro one. I was able to change them to Euro without fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Did anyone use this card in Morocco? If so was there any extra fee for withdrawing money from ATMs?

Just back from there and it worked a treat - used it for all transactions and only had one issue at an ATM where it wasn't recognised. There was another bank next door and it worked perfectly. No transaction fees.

I would add money in an instant and then pay for goods or withdraw money. Love the security of the card given that it can be blocked instantly or even if the number is hacked it has only ever a small amount on it!

scout353 wrote: »
    Just back from there and it worked a treat - used it for all transactions and only had one issue at an ATM where it wasn't recognised. There was another bank next door and it worked perfectly. No transaction fees.

I would add money in an instant and then pay for goods or withdraw money. Love the security of the card given that it can be blocked instantly or even if the number is hacked it has only ever a small amount on it!

That's great scout353! Did you get exactly the MAD amount displayed in revolut after the currency exchange ? What was the exchange rate when you used the revolut card?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

That's great scout353! Did you get exactly the MAD amount displayed in revolut after the currency exchange ? What was the exchange rate when you used the revolut card?

Thanks!

I demanded that the machine was set to Dirham rather than GDP or Euro everytime which is what they tended to do. The rate was very close to the XE.com rate and the fee was always zero!

I think one transaction worked out about €2 cheaper than the GDP price that was displayed on the nachine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement