Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭quokula

It needs to take the transaction from one currency in the account.

If you have 50 dollars and 10 euros, and you want to spend 51 dollars in one transaction, it won't be able to.

If you have 50 dollars and 60 euros and try to spend 51 dollars, it will convert approx 45 euros to spend it, and leave the 50 dollars alone.

If you have 50 dollars and 60 euros and try to spend 49 dollars, it will just take that from the USD account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BKWDR wrote: »
    I scrolled back a bit and read the last persons problem with the Paypal charge, but im trying to add my Revolut physical card to Paypal and i click ADD and bam i get the 1 dollar charge (i know why) but paypal wont accept my card saying "The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again." But i have matched it EXACTLY how it is on my revolut account....

Anyone else have this problem?

Adding my Eircode solved it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BKWDR wrote: »
    I scrolled back a bit and read the last persons problem with the Paypal charge, but im trying to add my Revolut physical card to Paypal and i click ADD and bam i get the 1 dollar charge (i know why) but paypal wont accept my card saying "The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again." But i have matched it EXACTLY how it is on my revolut account....

Anyone else have this problem?

Adding my Eircode solved it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭tringle

And removing the eircode solved it for me, i cant remember if i left it blank or entered 0000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

tringle wrote: »
    And removing the eircode solved it for me, i cant remember if i left it blank or entered 0000

Eircode is more hassle than it’s worth for most people I think.
    Revolut keep asking me to update a passport but I’m still waiting on mine, will the account still be okay in the meantime, I know they said after a no deal Brexit there was talks of accounts being suspended pending passport uploads

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Eircode is more hassle than it’s worth for most people I think.
    Revolut keep asking me to update a passport but I’m still waiting on mine, will the account still be okay in the meantime, I know they said after a no deal Brexit there was talks of accounts being suspended pending passport uploads

I'm the same regarding the passport. Don't have a passport at the moment, so I keep ignoring it. Account working fine at the moment anyway. Should be fine up to the end of October and we'll see what happens with Brexit then.

Chieftain wrote: »
    I'm the same regarding the passport. Don't have a passport at the moment, so I keep ignoring it. Account working fine at the moment anyway. Should be fine up to the end of October and we'll see what happens with Brexit then.
    My account is fine too I just didn’t want all my currencies frozen, hopefully ignoring it will do the trick for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone having hassle with Proof of Funds recently ?
    I uploaded the relevant documents and was waiting weeks for Revolut to get back to me .
    Got an email a few days ago that they had verified my source of funds and everything was ok.
    Topped up my account this morning and straight away got another email asking me to verify my source of funds .
    Ridiculous carry on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭tringle

What do you mean my proof of funds or source of funds. I havent been asked for anything.

tringle wrote: »
    What do you mean my proof of funds or source of funds. I havent been asked for anything.

Some people are asked to provide details for anti money laundering.

I transferred some money from Revolut to another U.K. bank yesterday and the money was almost instant, estimated time frame was 3-4 hours but the person called me and asked how it went through so fast so kudos to Revolut for the changes they made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Some people are asked to provide details for anti money laundering. /QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this as I've seen it posted a few times in different forums. I was going to transfer 3k to an account last week but it would be the first time I've made a transfer that big and I decided not to do it in case it triggered an alert that would freeze the account. Just don't want the hassle of providing proof of funds. I'd prefer the inconvenience of going directly to my bank to make the transfer. I don't suppose there's any guidelines as to what amount would trigger an alert where you'd need to provide proof of funds.

jakdublin wrote: »

I've been wondering about this as I've seen it posted a few times in different forums. I was going to transfer 3k to an account last week but it would be the first time I've made a transfer that big and I decided not to do it in case it triggered an alert that would freeze the account. Just don't want the hassle of providing proof of funds. I'd prefer the inconvenience of going directly to my bank to make the transfer. I don't suppose there's any guidelines as to what amount would trigger an alert where you'd need to provide proof of funds.

Carry on as normal, I use Revolut for loads of transactions which are retail and private, I sent £4k to someone in England only yesterday and never had a problem and I think once the money comes from your bank into Revolut then you shouldn’t have an issue but if it’s bouncing around 10 Revolut accounts that’s when problems can occur or if you’re a new user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's not just the amount that is taken into consideration, it's who you send the funds to, who you get the funds from, what your spending pattern is or if your name is on some sort of watch list and other factors.

They use an AI to deal with this and flag accounts for review, that is where they got in trouble last year, they activate a new one which was generating way too many false positives, so they had to roll back to their previous version.

If it was just an amount, people could work around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can't seem to add my card to Android pay...anyone else having the same issue? Keeps saying my details are incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Pacifico wrote: »
    Can't seem to add my card to Android pay...anyone else having the same issue? Keeps saying my details are incorrect

I dont think it works if its the Visa version. Ive the Tevolut mastercard and that works on google pay, visa doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Revolut is doing a RevRally London in their HQ next week Wednesday (08 May).
    Over the last 12 months, we've been working on some pretty cool things for our community. Come along to our London HQ for a night of product updates, drinks and live music.

You can expect a bunch of new updates on things like wealth and trading, Apple and Google Pay, our new Group Vaults feature and a sneak peak at our new metal card colours.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/revrally-london-tickets-61157147675

It looks like we are also going to see new Visa Platinum Premium and Metal cards with new features and benefits coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Revolut is doing a RevRally London in their HQ next week Wednesday (08 May).

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/revrally-london-tickets-61157147675

It looks like we are also going to see new Visa Platinum Premium and Metal cards with new features and benefits coming.

I’d go if I was in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    I'm spending few months in the US. Would revolut be a good option for payments while there? I have a card already. Will also have a US bank account so maybe it's better get a debit card with that and have money in that account?
    Would it be worth having premium or metal card?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Hi folks, I'm spending few months in the US. Would revolut be a good option for payments while there? I have a card already. Will also have a US bank account so maybe it's better get a debit card with that and have money in that account? Would it be worth having premium or metal card? Thanks, Mick

Revolut is great especially if you have data in the states. Friend was in a bar left the card behind the bar and little while later he got a notification saying he spent$15 in another bar. He blocked the card straight away and called the bar man yes his card was stolen. Another payment tried to be taken from his card and was blocked.

It's not just the amount that is taken into consideration, it's who you send the funds to, who you get the funds from, what your spending pattern is or if your name is on some sort of watch list and other factors.

They use an AI to deal with this and flag accounts for review, that is where they got in trouble last year, they activate a new one which was generating way too many false positives, so they had to roll back to their previous version.

If it was just an amount, people could work around that.

Well I'm not sure why they are flagging me but I am getting fed up of it at this stage.
    The money is directly deposited from my AIB account into my Revolut account.
    I dont send money to anyone else and I don't receive money from anyone else.
    I only use Revolut to buy stuff online.
    I've no idea how this could be construed as money laundering.

Any other bank have no issue with this but these guys seem to think they can demand documentation off me .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Well I'm not sure why they are flagging me but I am getting fed up of it at this stage.
    The money is directly deposited from my AIB account into my Revolut account.
    I dont send money to anyone else and I don't receive money from anyone else.
    I only use Revolut to buy stuff online.
    I've no idea how this could be construed as money laundering.

Any other bank have no issue with this but these guys seem to think they can demand documentation off me .

Move to n26

Move to n26
    I already have an account with them .

Zardoz wrote: »
    I already have an account with them .

If it was me I would delete Revolut and forget about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

If I get a replacement card will it be a Visa I can't use with Google Pay? My current card has gone awful got and miss for contactless working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

If I get a replacement card will it be a Visa I can't use with Google Pay? My current card has gone awful got and miss for contactless working.

Yes but you can just get an additional card rather than replacement. Leave the current card operational such as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If it was me I would delete Revolut and forget about them

Why. Revolut is great

Synode wrote: »
    Why. Revolut is great

I was talking to a poster who said they keep being asked for proof of financials and they aren’t happy
    I’ve no problem with Revolut it’s fantastic apart from the passport upload nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Synode wrote: »
    Why. Revolut is great

I was talking to a poster who said they keep being asked for proof of financials and they aren’t happy
    I’ve no problem with Revolut it’s fantastic apart from the passport upload nonsense
    The normal banks are asking for the same thing.

irishgeo wrote: »

Great stuff thanks for letting me know

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »

No other bank has ever asked me for source of funds .
    I uploaded proof and now they want me to do it again after only topping up by an extra 1000 euro.
    Its ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement