Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are people trying to add the card for making payments on PayPal, or add the Revolut “bank account” to their PayPal for withdrawals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Are people trying to add the card for making payments on PayPal, or add the Revolut “bank account” to their PayPal for withdrawals?

I think the issue is trying to make withdrawals to Revolut. A few years ago I had a couple of thousand sterling in PayPal from eBay UK sales that I wanted to withdraw, I ended up creating a UK PayPal account, transferring to that account (0.5% PayPal transfer fee I think), then withdrawing from there to Revolut.

Making payment from Revolut definitely works the same as any Debit Card (in my experience anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Trying to add revolut to my PayPal is impossible.

Says something about invalid address. Yet it's exactly typed as it is on revolut. It still takes a €1 PayPal every attempt..

My IBAN doesn't work neither. Just tells me to try again later.

This happened to me and just remove the region in your revolut address. It should work.

Leave region blank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Since this morning, I cannot seem to locate the outstanding auto exchange orders I have pending..
    Anyone else having this issue?

Edit : Figured out another way to get to the screen...
    Hit 'Rates' followed by 'Actions'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

5star02707 wrote: »
    This happened to me and just remove the region in your revolut address. It should work.

Leave region blank

That's actually a great tip.

I had an issue with another card. Created a new "home" address in PayPal without County and Eircode ... and voila ... added.

And I can confirm, that after removing the "Region" in the address in Revolut, PayPal also adds that card without problems.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Finally also able to add revolut card to my google pay,
    welcome to 2019, i can now use my phone to pay for stuff!
    Glares at ptsb....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Marlow wrote: »
    That's actually a great tip.

I had an issue with another card. Created a new "home" address in PayPal without County and Eircode ... and voila ... added.

And I can confirm, that after removing the "Region" in the address in Revolut, PayPal also adds that card without problems.

/M

Can you please detail this?

In PayPal, I must provide the county/region field (Dublin 15), it's a drop-down, so cannot be blank.
    In Revolut, I must provide the Eircode, it won't let me save the address without it.

Please, let me know which fields you have filled and how they match. Thanks!

JoyPad wrote: »
    Can you please detail this?

In PayPal, I must provide the county/region field (Dublin 15), it's a drop-down, so cannot be blank.
    In Revolut, I must provide the Eircode, it won't let me save the address without it.

Please, let me know which fields you have filled and how they match. Thanks!

Just select Co. Dublin and not Dublin 15 or so.

Put in your Eircode on Post code

Leave region blank

Yes ..you can leave it blank.

I did. Today !

Just ignore it and select nothing. It works.

/M

5star02707 wrote: »
    Just select Co. Dublin and not Dublin 15 or so.

Put in your Eircode on Post code

Leave region blank

So, in PayPal address, I filled the street, city, eircode as postal code, and selected Co Dublin from dropdown.

In Revolut, I have eircode, street line and city, and nothing for region.

And it failed again.

• Advertisement

So, in PayPal address, I filled the street, city, eircode as postal code, and selected Co Dublin from dropdown.

In Revolut, I have eircode, street line and city, and nothing for region.

And it failed again.

Don't select Co. Dublin in PayPal. Select nothing. Leave it blank. Also leave the Eircode in PayPal blank. Give them the least amount information possible to check against.

/M

Still no joy.

My PayPal address now has just the street line and city (Dublin).
    In Revolut, it also has the eircode, it doesn't accept it without it.

Same behaviour: have $1 appear in the app, but error on screen ("The billing address you entered is invalid.").

Still no joy.

My PayPal address now has just the street line and city (Dublin).
    In Revolut, it also has the eircode, it doesn't accept it without it.

Same behaviour: have $1 appear in the app, but error on screen ("The billing address you entered is invalid.").

That's weird. I added my Revolut Mastercard like that today. I already have the Visa added. Could try to add a virtual one.

/M

That's weird. I added my Revolut Mastercard like that today. I already have the Visa added. Could try to add a virtual one.

/M

I had the MasterCard working, but it expired. I have a physical Visa and I tried a virtual one as well, neither work. I'm signing up for N26!

I had the MasterCard working, but it expired. I have a physical Visa and I tried a virtual one as well, neither work. I'm signing up for N26!

N26 works for sure. It's a Mastercard Debit ... (not prepaid). Maybe it's something with Visa debit cards, that they just have made a mess of in PayPal.

/M

I tried the same on Curve ..

Revolut Mastercard gets accepted. Revolut Visa gets refused as "prepaid cards not accepted ".

So it seems to be a limitation to their Visa cards. The only solution seems to be either to go N26 or to upgrade to Premium or Metal, order your Mastercard and then downgrade again, once that arrives.

The advantage of N26 is the lack of currency shenanigans. It is issued in Germany, so it will be a EUR tagged card.

/M

N26 works for sure. It's a Mastercard Debit ... (not prepaid). Maybe it's something with Visa debit cards, that they just have made a mess of in PayPal.

/M

My BoI Visa Debit worked fine with PayPal, so it's not all Visa Debit cards.
    I've been with Revolut for a while now, and I loved it until this happened.

I've used the physical card abroad, and I used it online. I've used it to pay in 5 different currencies, without a hitch.
    The advantage of having it under PayPal is so that you don't input card numbers on various sites, you just need to log into PayPal to pay. With this no longer working, I could continue to use Revolut and forget about PayPal, and just input the card information whenever I pay.

However, the thing that pisses me off the most is the customer support: they simply did not care! The Revolut guy sends me to PayPal, and the PayPal rep said card not supported, period.

My BoI Visa Debit worked fine with PayPal, so it's not all Visa Debit cards.

Revolut are not Debit cards. They are Mastercard and Visa Credit (prepaid) cards.

N26 is a straight MasterCard Debit. No prepaid tag.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Long time revolut user. No I simply cannot get my account linked to PayPal to withdraw money to it. This is vital to me as I transfer money multiple times per week.

I managed to link m card but that's just enabling me to pay for stuff. Not to transfer money from PayPal to revolut.

I'll look into the N26..

I'll look into the N26..

Linking Revolut does not seem to work. You never get to the point where they take the 2 amounts to verify the account. It could indicate, that DD on a Revolut account doesn't work quite right.

It works for N26.

/M

• Advertisement

Linking Revolut does not seem to work. You never get to the point where they take the 2 amounts to verify the account. It could indicate, that DD on a Revolut account doesn't work quite right.

It works for N26.

/M

I had it all set up fine for a couple of years up until about two weeks ago.

I had it all set up fine for a couple of years up until about two weeks ago.

When they changed the account numbers ?

/M

When they changed the account numbers ?

/M

I'm not aware of any account number changed.

But adding my IBAN on both the app an website doesn't work. I just get errors no matter what I do.

Long time revolut user. No I simply cannot get my account linked to PayPal to withdraw money to it. This is vital to me as I transfer money multiple times per week.

I have successfully registered the Revolut bank account with PayPal and done the verification. The transactions appeared in Revolut after 2-3 days, at which point I completed the verification process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Revolut are not Debit cards. They are Mastercard and Visa Credit (prepaid) cards.

N26 is a straight MasterCard Debit. No prepaid tag.

/M
    Prepaid credit card is a bit of a contradiction. A prepaid card functions more like a debit card than credit card. Revolut themselves call it a prepaid debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Indeed. It can never have a credit facility so it's bizarre enough. Not unique to Revolut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

It must be a Mastercard issue so. It happened again today when I tried to buy something on the Debenhams website. The stupid thing popped up and I never got the text. It is making my card unusable. Same thing happened when trying to top up my leap card.

On this issue it turned out my bank had the wrong number for me (which I don't really understand as I was getting texts from my bank, just not those Mastercard identity ones). This is despite me confirming my number with a few members of staff on calls about problems with the card. The last guy I spoke with noticed they had an extra zero in my number and that was why I wasn't getting the texts with the pin number. It all depends who you speak to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Anyone started using the group vault?
    Tried setting it up there, while I can (as the admin) have change round up with/without acceleration. Would seem the other members don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Revolut Mastercard gets accepted. Revolut Visa gets refused as "prepaid cards not accepted ".

So it seems to be a limitation to their Visa cards. ....
    /M

Not all Revolut Visa cards get declined - Just confirming again that I successfully added my VISA Revolut card to Paypal on Friday - and it shows up in Paypal as a Prepaid card. I now have both Mastercard & Visa registered with PayPal.

If its any help I added the card from a desktop browser, not the app or phone browser (if that makes a difference) Suggest playing around with address too.

• Advertisement

msmx5 wrote: »
    Not all Revolut Visa cards get declined - Just confirming again that I successfully added my VISA Revolut card to Paypal on Friday - and it shows up in Paypal as a Prepaid card. I now have both Mastercard & Visa registered with PayPal. /QUOTE]

+1 successfully added my Visa Revolut card in Paypal yesterday.

It also says Visa Prepaid in my Paypal account while my normal PTSB just has Visa on it in Paypal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement