Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Well .. I have a virtual Revolut VISA added to PayPal .. did that donkeys ago.

So maybe it's something to do with a change in how they issue them recently.

My physical VISA gets denied.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Hi folks, so far all I've used revolut for is transferring cash to people when splitting bills etc, but I'm currently abroad in Europe and wondering if it's advisable to withdraw cash from an ATM using the card? Are there any mad fees involved with that? Would only be about €100 or so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Spleerbun wrote: »
    Hi folks, so far all I've used revolut for is transferring cash to people when splitting bills etc, but I'm currently abroad in Europe and wondering if it's advisable to withdraw cash from an ATM using the card? Are there any mad fees involved with that? Would only be about €100 or so. Cheers

Fees only kick in when withdrawing more than €200 per calendar month (and only 2% on amounts above that I think) so you should be good to withdraw €100

Just make sure the ATM you are using doesn't add on a fee or try to do the currency conversion for you - ATM should tell you if its doing either of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

msmx5 wrote: »
    Fees only kick in when withdrawing more than €200 per calendar month (and only 2% on amounts above that I think) so you should be good to withdraw €100

Just make sure the ATM you are using doesn't add on a fee or try to do the currency conversion for you - ATM should tell you if its doing either of these.

Most ATMs I use abroad usually add a fee ontop of my withdrawal. Basically a fee to use a foreign card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've setup Revolut for someone and want to get a card but they don't have an current account or card to add the €10. If I transfer the €10 would this enable them to get a card or does the credit have to arrive from the persons account/card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Spleerbun wrote: »

I wouldn't bother withdrawing cash unless completely necessary. I've made cashless trips to Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Macedonia and the UK. I just made electronic payments using the Revolut card. I think Revolut will start charging a fee (2% I think) for anything over €200 cash per calender month. Withdraw in the local currency of the country you're in. If the machine offers you X amount of local currency for X amount of Sterling just say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My balance just went up for no reason.

Digging through the history I can see that any charges I did on 14 April have reverted without any comment, they just disappeared out of the history.

Anybody else seen this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Most ATMs I use abroad usually add a fee ontop of my withdrawal. Basically a fee to use a foreign card

I've only ever had that come up in the US. Never in any other country I've been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Went to the shop to grab a few things today, got to the till and realised I forgot my wallet. Remembered briefly seeing it mentioned here that you could now use Google Pay so stood aside, added my visa Revolut very easily and away I paid. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've only ever had that come up in the US. Never in any other country I've been to.

Fairly common in the UK, free ones are getting scare in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Any issues topping up Revolut with an EBS debit card ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Happened in about 15 countries upon my 2 or so years using revolut.

Most recently..israel. 1 or 2 euro charge per transaction.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Del2005 wrote: »
    Fairly common in the UK, free ones are getting scare in some places.

It's only an issue in the UK with third-party 'convenience' ATMs. All the bank ATMs are free.

The biggest culprit in Europe is Spain, where most banks charge non-customers to use their ATMs. However there are still a few banks with national coverage, such as la Caixa and Bankinter, whose ATMs can be used for free.

Revolut Mastercards should now work on Apple Pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Revolut Mastercards should now work on Apple Pay.
    visa works too. have just set mine up:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

I'm getting a 'card not added, contact your issuer' error when trying to add. Do you guys have UK cards, or are you changing regions etc to get this to work? I've a fairly new Visa card, so not sure if its only older cards that are working.

dave oc wrote: »
    I'm getting a 'card not added, contact your issuer' error when trying to add. Do you guys have UK cards, or are you changing regions etc to get this to work? I've a fairly new Visa card, so not sure if its only older cards that are working.

It looks like some older visa cards with the bin 459654 are working but not others.

My card has the same bin but isnt working. Frustrating.

dave oc wrote: »
    My card has the same bin but isnt working. Frustrating.

Well it is officially only the Mastercard so anyone else is a bonus.

It looks like 2017 Visa cards with the British Bin might work, but the new ones issued by themselves do not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My account is relatively new, since January I think, and I added the virtual Visa card, not my physical one, to Google Pay.

Where do you find the BIN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Just added my Visa Card, are you sure you are all on version 5.49 of the App?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Just added my Visa Card, are you sure you are all on version 5.49 of the App?

A Visa card which I received in the last year fwiw.

So I've been trying it for a while this morning and it wasnt working, now all of sudden it worked! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got mine added to Google Play last night, recently issued Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Added my MasterCard fine no issues. Finally!!!!

Hurrache wrote: »
    My account is relatively new, since January I think, and I added the virtual Visa card, not my physical one, to Google Pay.

Where do you find the BIN?

BIN is the first 6 digits of the card.

So right now from what I see

It works for

539123 Mastercard of 2018 (the one that paysafe issued)
    535298 Mastercard Premium of 2018 for UK cards (Wirecard issued)
    459654 Visa of 2018 Visa card trial (the one Revolut issued themselves)
    455876 Virtual Visa

It does not seam to work for

Mastercard Metal
    Mastercard Premium (the localized non UK version)

Note for virtual cards:
    It also seams to work for virtual Mastercard's for premium users in the UK after they destroyed the existing one and created a new one.
    Some virtual visa card's also only worked after having been destroyed and regenerated.
    I am not advocating doing this as you might get charged, just watch and see if there are more reports about this working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

So right now from what I see

It works for

539123 Mastercard of 2018 (the one that paysafe issued)
    535298 Mastercard Premium of 2018 for UK cards (Wirecard issued)
    455876 Virtual Visa

It does not seam to work for

Mastercard Metal
    Mastercard Premium (the localized non UK version)

Note for virtual cards:
    It also seams to work for virtual Mastercard's for premium users in the UK after they destroyed the existing one and created a new one.
    Some virtual visa card's also only worked after having been destroyed and regenerated.
    I am not advocating doing this as you might get charged, just watch and see if there are more reports about this working.

I can concur that my:
    works too (albeit can't add it to my watch but it is on my iPhone. Probably an issue at my end somewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I added my physical Revolut visa card which I got three months ago to Apple Pay and it's working. During setup I was asked for a verification code which arrived after a few minutes but I'd closed the settings screen so never entered it. Just used it in Starbucks without a hitch. Tried to add my virtual card and it wouldn't let me. There's a lad on Reddit saying Revolut support told him it wasn't rolled out for everybody yet. Revolut haven't announced Apple Pay on their Twitter feed yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I had no problem adding both my virtual and physical Visa cards (both 459654) without any issue. Both are original from when I signed up last July.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement