Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Dardania wrote: »
    I can concur that my:
    459654 Visa of 2018 Visa card trial (the one Revolut issued themselves)
    works too (albeit can't add it to my watch but it is on my iPhone. Probably an issue at my end somewhere)
    My card is of the same vintage and was fine adding the card to my watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My viritual card is also 459654, issued 2019, which works too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So it looks like cards issued by Revolut and paysafe are fine while those by wire card only work if coded as UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dardania wrote: »
    I can concur that my:
    works too (albeit can't add it to my watch but it is on my iPhone. Probably an issue at my end somewhere)

I have one of those new VISA cards too after I cancelled my old MC card after fraud attempts.
    It wont add to apple wallet on phone, keeps saying "card could not be added" :(.
    I have tried about 5 times so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Hurrache wrote: »
    My viritual card is also 459654, issued 2019, which works too.

Is that on Apple Pay? Did you manage to add both your physical and virtual cards? My virtual card was issued this year also and while I added the physical card easy enough, it just won't let me add the virtual one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Visa 459654 not adding to Apple Pay for me. Updated IOS & revolut app no difference..will keep trying..says contact card issuer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I noticed that I didnt have the latest Revolut app installed so I updated to ver 5.49 which has apple pay. Its still wont add card on the wallet, but I notice you can sent money to apple pay on the app. Is that an additional way to use apple pay ?

jakdublin wrote: »
    Is that on Apple Pay? Did you manage to add both your physical and virtual cards? My virtual card was issued this year also and while I added the physical card easy enough, it just won't let me add the virtual one.

Google Pay on my phone. Haven't tried Apple Pay

• Administrators Posts: 54,006 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Apple Pay not working for my 459654 visa card, but it's not saying Apple Pay is not supported like it used to. Just says card could not be added, try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

Same with me, when I try.

• Advertisement

If you go to the help section in the app and type Apple Pay it'll tell you Apple Pay is only available for Revolut customers in the UK and France for now with other countries to be added soon. Lads on Reddit and in the Revolut community are speculating that those outside the UK and France who added their cards only managed to do so because of an early glitch which has been closed off now. Maybe that's why I managed to add my physical card this morning and then later couldn't add the virtual one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

jakdublin wrote: »
    If you go to the help section in the app and type Apple Pay it'll tell you Apple Pay is only available for Revolut customers in the UK and France for now with other countries to be added soon. Lads on Reddit and in the Revolut community are speculating that those outside the UK and France who added their cards only managed to do so because of an early glitch which has been closed off now. Maybe that's why I managed to add my physical card this morning and then later couldn't add the virtual one.

This article says it's about the age of your Revolut card:
    Older Revolut cards in other European countries all used a card number grouping which identified them as UK cards, and these ones seem to be successfully activating too.

This article says it's about the age of your Revolut card:

My card is from 2019 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

I added my Revolut card to Google Pay. Can Google Pay be used at any contactless terminal in any shop or does the retailer have to be set up to take Google Pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I added my Revolut card to Google Pay. Can Google Pay be used at any contactless terminal in any shop or does the retailer have to be set up to take Google Pay?

Normally I just use mine in any shop which has the 'contactlesss' symbol, north or south of the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Works on any although I've been noticing some machines take a long time to register the contactless transaction but that could be down to the phone cover I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Most (90%) but not all with a terminal are set up.
    For example some Argos stores don't take any contactless payments and I was in one shop that only accepted Apple Pay.

The bonus of using a device over the physical card is in the majority or cases you can go above €30.
    The only 2 exceptions I have come across are Tesco and Penney's who have locked their systems to €30 no matter what contactless method has been used.

bromley52 wrote: »
    For example Agos don't take any contactless payments and I was in one shop that only accepted Apple Pay.

The bonus of using a device over the physical card is in the majority or cases you can go above €30.
    The only 2 exceptions I have come across are Tesco and Penney's who have locked their systems to €30 no matter what contactless method has been used.

I paid with Google pay in Argos Longford last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

I paid with Google pay in Argos Longford last week

I tried in Argos Mahon last week and they didn't and they said it was all Argos shops. I'll change my post.

I tried in Argos Mahon last week and they didn't and they said it was all Argos shops. I'll change my post.

In fairness it was one of the brand new self service machines in the middle of the floor, not a cashier.

• Advertisement

How long does it take refunds to go through Google Pay? I had to return something yesterday and the refund registered on my phone instantly and the receipt says the transaction was completed. It doesn't appear in the transaction list on Pay or Revolut. I imagine it's a couple of days before I need to start getting worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hurrache wrote: »
    How long does it take refunds to go through Google Pay? I had to return something yesterday and the refund registered on my phone instantly and the receipt says the transaction was completed. It doesn't appear in the transaction list on Pay or Revolut. I imagine it's a couple of days before I need to start getting worried.

the same as it would be if it was a physical card transaction. the method of payment is changed but it still goes through the same backend systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have a 459654 too. Just tried adding it to Google Pay. It added but said I can't use it for contactless in shops. I had contactless turned off inn Revolut app. Turned it on and went back into Google Pay app. There was an option to add contactless but I got the same message.

Going to delete it and try adding it again.

Edit: Nope. Getting the same message. can use it online but not in store. Anyone else had this? The settings for the card are fine.

Edit2: I think I know what's wrong. I don't remember ever 'activating' the contactless (on my Revolut Visa card) by using that card in a shop with chip and pin. Have only used it online as I have a Mastercard one already. Will use it in a machine today and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

For example some Argos stores don't take any contactless payments and I was in one shop that only accepted Apple Pay.

It didn't work for me in Homebase last week, they said the machines insisted on a PIN. Yet I could tap a physical card...

But that's the first time it hasn't worked for me on a contactless machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I cant setup my Visa for contactless on Google Pay at all, only issues three months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Finally managed to add the Visa card to Google Pay. I used it in a shop today via chip and pin in case contactless wasn't working yet. But in the end I think it was, as has been raised in here, down to address.

Minimum information seems to be the best.

Only used street address, city and county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Managed to add my 459654 Visa to Apple Pay today, using the "add to wallet" button in the Revolut app. Yesterday I was trying to add it in the Wallet app by manually entering the numbers, without any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Looks like they've just removed the restrictions for other countries. You get a prompt now in the app, and the 'add to wallet' button is available under the card in the Revolut app.

Anyone who couldnt add it before should try again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Yep..Apple pay is working for me...Popped up on the app and added to the wallet after verification text...10 second job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

carrotcake wrote: »
    Managed to add my 459654 Visa to Apple Pay today, using the "add to wallet" button in the Revolut app. Yesterday I was trying to add it in the Wallet app by manually entering the numbers, without any luck.

Bravo. This worked for me also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement