Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

carrotcake wrote: »
    Managed to add my 459654 Visa to Apple Pay today, using the "add to wallet" button in the Revolut app. Yesterday I was trying to add it in the Wallet app by manually entering the numbers, without any luck.

Fantastic play!! Just worked for me after frustration yesterday.

Also for those with an Apple Watch, you can set your Revolut card as the deafult as the Express Transit Card. This feature is coming to the London Underground later in the year and means that you just have to hold your watch to the scanner. No need to to double tap the side button to activate Apple Pay. Handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭flashf1

Added it to apple pay just there, was then in Tesco self service, used my apple watch to pay, worked perfectly, did the billionaire walk out of the shop!:D

Mr.S wrote: »
    Express Transit works on iPhones as wel, not just Apple Watch.

Stupid question alert! Is express transit just for certain things (like transit!)? I can't just turn it on to pay for stuff generally so I don't have to open watch app or use fingerprint on iPhone.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

flashf1 wrote: »
    Stupid question alert! Is express transit just for certain things (like transit!)? I can't just turn it on to pay for stuff generally so I don't have to open watch app or use fingerprint on iPhone.....?
    just double tap side button on Apple Watch to get your Apple Pay card, once your Apple Watch is unlocked it will do the payment.

just double tap side button on Apple Watch to get your Apple Pay card, once your Apple Watch is unlocked it will do the payment.

Thanks for reply, however I know that, have used it that way already. I was asking if there was a way you could use the express option so you don't haveto open watch app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭inna981

Says iPhone SE and later, works on my 6 with no problems so not complaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yup works now, no dice yesterday for an apple device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Tried earlier to it it to google pay, didn't work, just tried it again, was added perfectly. Success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

I added my virtual card to Apple Pay .... presume either physical or virtual card could have been added .... which did other people add and confirmed working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

towger wrote: »
    I added my virtual card to Apple Pay .... presume either physical or virtual card could have been added .... which did other people add and confirmed working ?

I added both and both are working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just used my Visa with Google Pay for the first time. Nice to be able to do it again. I had a Revolut Mastercard a few years ago that worked with Google Pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Agreed - it so refreshing to be able to use it. Previously I had Apple Pay on my N26 & Monese.
    My N26 isn't where I receive my income, and it doesn't have any auto topup. And same basic story with Monese. So I basically didn't use Apple Pay (despite having my watch with me at all times).

But Revolut has auto topup, to pull from my joint account, so I can use that, and get the benefit of the good analytics along the way from Revolut's app. They are maturing well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Dardania wrote: »
      Agreed - it so refreshing to be able to use it. Previously I had Apple Pay on my N26 & Monese.
      My N26 isn't where I receive my income, and it doesn't have any auto topup. And same basic story with Monese. So I basically didn't use Apple Pay (despite having my watch with me at all times).

But Revolut has auto topup, to pull from my joint account, so I can use that, and get the benefit of the good analytics along the way from Revolut's app. They are maturing well...

Sorry if OT, but now that both N26 and Revolut have Apple Pay, it looks like Revolut is the better of the two? I've been using N26 over Revolut only because of this, but thinking of now moving back. Is there anything that N26 now offers that's better than Revolut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Jut to confirm I now got my Visa Revolut card working with Google Pay. So happy days :)

fjon wrote: »

Sorry if OT, but now that both N26 and Revolut have Apple Pay, it looks like Revolut is the better of the two? I've been using N26 over Revolut only because of this, but thinking of now moving back. Is there anything that N26 now offers that's better than Revolut?

N26 has deposit protection (in case N26 go bang) whereas Revolut is an emoney service (so if Revolut go bang, your deposits are buried somewhere in another bank, and might be more of a pig to extricate).

Other than that, I would favour Revolut if I'm honest. Far wider feature set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anybody having problems with the Revolut app this morning? When I try to open it it is asking me whether I have changed my phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Gooser14 wrote: »
        Anybody having problems with the Revolut app this morning? When I try to open it it is asking me whether I have changed my phone number.

no problems here, that could be a security check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Gooser14 wrote: »

Yes I'm not able transfer funds to or from my revolut card today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Gooser14 wrote:

Sorted now. Was eventually able to verify my phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Anyone having issues topping up from a BOI Visa Debit today?

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

My balance just went up for no reason.

Digging through the history I can see that any charges I did on 14 April have reverted without any comment, they just disappeared out of the history.

Anybody else seen this?

Did you figure out what happened here? Were the charges re-reverted?

Just got a notification that a payment from this morning at the local newsagents, in which I've used my card on numerous occasions, was reverted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Irish Wolf wrote: »
        Did you figure out what happened here? Were the charges re-reverted?

Just got a notification that a payment from this morning at the local newsagents, in which I've used my card on numerous occasions, was reverted...

That's really bad news, hearing it more and more lately. Soon it'll get to the stage that shops won't accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

That's really bad news, hearing it more and more lately. Soon it'll get to the stage that shops won't accept them.

It's happened to me twice and they haven't come back to take the money. Really strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Dardania wrote: »
        N26 has deposit protection (in case N26 go bang) whereas Revolut is an emoney service (so if Revolut go bang, your deposits are buried somewhere in another bank, and might be more of a pig to extricate).

Other than that, I would favour Revolut if I'm honest. Far wider feature set.

Does Revolut allow Direct Debits?

• Administrators Posts: 54,006 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Finally got it on Apple Pay!

Wheety wrote: »
        Does Revolut allow Direct Debits?

Should do based on IBANcalculator but I haven’t tried it personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Just added my revolut visa on Apple Pay. Get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hopefully not long until we can add the visa cards on Google pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

dulux99 wrote: »
        Hopefully not long until we can add the visa cards on Google pay.

Some can since earlier this week.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Hurrache wrote: »
        How long does it take refunds to go through Google Pay? I had to return something yesterday and the refund registered on my phone instantly and the receipt says the transaction was completed. It doesn't appear in the transaction list on Pay or Revolut. I imagine it's a couple of days before I need to start getting worried.

For anyone wondering, it just arrived in my Revolut account so just over 48 hours. The refund also doesn't appear in the Google Pay transaction list, notification came directly from the Revolut app.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement