Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mr.S wrote: »
    TFL MasterCard thing was resolved I believe, used be hit an miss on mine but working fine for the last year.

Was quite annoying if you had already started a journey!

Yeah the MasterCard works fine now for me

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

Anyone have issues with using their Revolut card with Bet365? Wondering if it is a case of all Revolut cards or just mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Genius2013 wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with using their Revolut card with Bet365? Wondering if it is a case of all Revolut cards or just mine

Define issues?

I know some gambling firms and Revolut don't mix well.
    They'll take your deposit, but transferring back results in funds going into limbo with up to 28 days waiting to return to your betting account (happened to a mate with SkyBet)

I used my Revolut card for 888 Sport, and both deposits and withdrawals were fine... initially.
    But then 3/4 days later, the deposit was being charged a second time as a "delayed transaction". Contacted Revolut on twitter and they sorted quite quickly, but it was happening every time I used 888 so I stopped.

Define issues?

I know some gambling firms and Revolut don't mix well.
    They'll take your deposit, but transferring back results in funds going into limbo with up to 28 days waiting to return to your betting account (happened to a mate with SkyBet)

I used my Revolut card for 888 Sport, and both deposits and withdrawals were fine... initially.
    But then 3/4 days later, the deposit was being charged a second time as a "delayed transaction". Contacted Revolut on twitter and they sorted quite quickly, but it was happening every time I used 888 so I stopped.

Issues as in not allowing me to top up my 365 account. Had been working previously but not anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Genius2013 wrote: »
    Issues as in not allowing me to top up my 365 account. Had been working previously but not anymore

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=109734514

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Just wondering is possible to top up your Revolut card/account using your credit card and then transfer the funds to a Irish bank account?

Just really using the Revolut account as a middle man to use funds from credit and transfer them to a bank account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Don't think Revolut allow top ups by credit cards any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

josephsoap wrote: »
    Just wondering is possible to top up your Revolut card/account using your credit card and then transfer the funds to a Irish bank account?

Just really using the Revolut account as a middle man to use funds from credit and transfer them to a bank account ?

You can do that until the AI at Revolut flags it as it's against the Terms and than blocks your account.

You can also do that and ruin loading via credit card for all of us as sooner or later Irish banks complain and Revolut is forced to change its transaction coding to cash and hence all people will pay cash advance charges. Happend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

You can do that until the AI at Revolut flags it as it's against the Terms and than blocks your account.

You can also do that and ruin loading via credit card for all of us as sooner or later Irish banks complain and Revolut is forced to change its transaction coding to cash and hence all people will pay cash advance charges. Happend before.

Cheers, is there any other way of carrying out the procedure above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

josephsoap wrote: »

This doesn't really sound like a sustainable use case, basically you are trying to borrow cash on your credit card, which will need to be repaid at the end of the month. Other than a once off, I can only think of nefarious reasons to do this.

Apart from the cash advance fee, why not just withdraw cash from an ATM using a credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Don't think Revolut allow top ups by credit cards any more

I topped up this morning with one no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Thought I read on here they didn't allow it anymore - must have dreamt it! :D Apologies for any confusion

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I top up with my credit card the odd time, no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but Vodafone have a free Revolut card plus €5 credit available at the moment for new customers only. Details on the Offers in the Vodafone mobile app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've been using revolut for over a year now and just today I noticed a couple of suspicious transactions. In fairness revolut immediately picked them up as fraudulent and asked me if I recognised them. Obviously I didn't so I was sent through a process of cancelling my card and ordering a new one. It's worrying though how someone got access to my card details, I'm guessing some website I ordered something from or perhaps from the last time I physically used the card which was a weekend in Edinburgh a few weeks ago. The transactions were from world remit so seems like fraudster was trying to transfer money to themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I've been using revolut for over a year now and just today I noticed a couple of suspicious transactions. In fairness revolut immediately picked them up as fraudulent and asked me if I recognised them. Obviously I didn't so I was sent through a process of cancelling my card and ordering a new one. It's worrying though how someone got access to my card details, I'm guessing some website I ordered something from or perhaps from the last time I physically used the card which was a weekend in Edinburgh a few weeks ago. The transactions were from world remit so seems like fraudster was trying to transfer money to themselves

Did they ring you or contact you via email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Did they ring you or contact you via email?

There was 2 transactions both for more than was in my account and both automatically marked as potentially fraudulent. I got a notification asking if I recognised them and when I said no it brought me through the card cancelling/ordering process. I'm guessing they have AI now that picks up that these are fraudulent probably based on previous behaviour like I'm pretty sure I've never tried to use my card for something when I've insufficient funds, also world remit is an obvious avenue for scammers to transfer money anonymously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

My Amazon Prime membership fee was triggered as fraudulent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My Amazon Prime membership fee was triggered as fraudulent.

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

A friend of mine is applying for a mortgage at the moment and when the bank spotted revolut transactions on her statements they requested revolut statements to cover the 3-6 months or whatever it is. Just a heads up that they're copping on to this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

A friend of mine is applying for a mortgage at the moment and when the bank spotted revolut transactions on her statements they requested revolut statements to cover the 3-6 months or whatever it is. Just a heads up that they're copping on to this now.

The banks have been doing that for a good few years now. Any account you transfer to, they want statements if it's yours, or an explanation if it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

People who've been hiding their terrible gambling habits in Revolut will be in for a rude awakening now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

People who've been hiding their terrible gambling habits in Revolut will be in for a rude awakening now :pac:

Not really you can transfer from revolut to your paypal and then use that to top up betting accounts simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not really you can transfer from revolut to your paypal and then use that to top up betting accounts simple.
    ...and when they get the Revolut statements and see a load of Paypal transactions guess what the next thing they'll ask for?

I know banks have been stupid in the past but they don't seem to be anymore when it comes to mortgages at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

artworks-000415383099-1kf5n4-t500x500.jpg

I think they have been checking for some time for mortgages at least, which is probably fair tbh. I wonder what happens since they got their banking license too. Is Revolut technically a bank account then!?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

-=al=- wrote: »
    Is Revolut technically a bank account then!?

Technically its still an eMoney provider as far as I understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Right now it is an eMoney provider that offers current account like features (like debit card, direct debits, and bank transfers).

They are planning to transfer all of this into their new Bank license in Lithuania but that license is currently under scrutiny (due to the founder's links to Russia).

As part of Brexit preparations, they got themselves a European Emoney license to be able to keep working with EU residents as the bank will not be ready in time.

So while it's technically not a full bank account, lenders might want to see what is going on there as part of their assessment of your application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

At least someone can tell the likes of Bank of Ireland it's because they're backwards luddites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sk8board

At least someone can tell the likes of Bank of Ireland it's because they're backwards luddites.

Next week I’m going to Canada and it will be my first time using the physical Revolut card

EurCad live rate: 1.504
    Revolut rate: 1.504
    Bank of Ireland rate: 1.430

Enough said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement