Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Does anyone have an email address to contact support. I am totally locked out of my account since I dropped my phone in water and I can't login on another phone since I don't know my phone number that's attached to my account (I changed it in the app because I am travelling abroad so had a local sim to do a bank transfer but I don't have that number since I am in a different country now) I can't get onto live chat since I can't login and on their website I only see a phone number which I cannot ring since I have no phone or sim here. All my money is on the card for travelling so I need access ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Does anyone have an email address to contact support. I am totally locked out of my account since I dropped my phone in water and I can't login on another phone since I don't know my phone number that's attached to my account (I changed it in the app because I am travelling abroad so had a local sim to do a bank transfer but I don't have that number since I am in a different country now) I can't get onto live chat since I can't login and on their website I only see a phone number which I cannot ring since I have no phone or sim here. All my money is on the card for travelling so I need access ASAP
    support@revolut.com

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mun1

In Florida the past week using revolut and works great, also Apple Pay via phone works great ( but not contactless in universal studios for some reason ?)

Worked in Montreal a treat last week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

USA card terminals are a bit all over the shop, in my opinion. One of the rare occasions Ireland trumps it from my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just wondering if this is the norm. I tried to buy something for £60 on amazon. I have £50 plus €50 in my revolut account and was declined due to insufficient funds. I thought revolut would do the work for me there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I recently got a revolut card for a foreign holiday and was very impressed by it. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use it as my everyday bank card at home to avoid bank charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Just wondering if this is the norm. I tried to buy something for £60 on amazon. I have £50 plus €50 in my revolut account and was declined due to insufficient funds. I thought revolut would do the work for me there?

If you have 60+ of the currency requested, they will pay with that. Otherwise, they will attempt to take the whole amount from your Euro account (for an Irish customer, whose main currency is Euro). No other attempts are made.

I've been bitten by this twice.
    First time, I was in the JFK airport, buying something in duty free shop. I had 100 dollars and bought something that cost 70 dollars. All good, except the lady cancelled the payment, because she forgot to scan my boarding pass. The refund was not immediate, and I had no funds to cover the 70 dollars again. Ended up with a declined second attempt.

Second time was my fault. I now have just the Revolut bank account on PayPal, and I made a 50 euro purchase on steam, knowing I had 100 euro in my Revolut account. However, the transaction was not immediately sent to revolut. Fast forward two days, I'm up in Newry for some shopping, and I converted the Euro into Sterling. I didn't spend much, there were still 60+ quid in Revolut. However, when the PayPal direct debit arrived, I did not have 50 euro to cover it, and it was rejected. Revolut did not convert the pounds into Euro to pay the 50 euro direct debit.

I think the best way to go is to have just Euro in my Revolut account, and it will be converted to Sterling or Dollars as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

AFAIK enough funds to cover the transaction have to be in one currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You need enough of one currency to make the purchase/transaction you can't add different currencies together for one transaction

So at least €67.36 or the £60 for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

MacDanger wrote: »
    I recently got a revolut card for a foreign holiday and was very impressed by it. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use it as my everyday bank card at home to avoid bank charges?

No reason at all. A lot of us in here use it as our every day card. Instant notifications, savings vault and the security features being the main benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

I accidentally sent a £40 payment to my old GBP account details and got an email saying urgent take action, these account details expire 22 may yet I'm just after getting the money into them a month after? The money isn't going to end up lost in this old account details or something is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

scottigael wrote: »
    I accidentally sent a £40 payment to my old GBP account details and got an email saying urgent take action, these account details expire 22 may yet I'm just after getting the money into them a month after? The money isn't going to end up lost in this old account details or something is it?

You have received the money? Then I wouldn't worry about it. Just use the new GBP details from now on.

It’s a warning shot so you don’t do it again, I got the same alert even though there was still a week left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

All Revolut users' £s ends up in the same account in Lloyds bank, your individual account number is just a label which identifies you. Eventually the numbers will stop working and payments will get rejected, but anything that worked before that will still be associated with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Is there any way to turn off the confirm transaction thing in the new version of the App ,its not working properly for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

Does anyone know if there is a limit on using revolut to buy a car in the UK? Could I spend upwards of £10k in one chip and pin transaction over there?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

TripleSSS wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a limit on using revolut to buy a car in the UK? Could I spend upwards of £10k in one chip and pin transaction over there?

Thanks

Limits fom last year so could have changed.
    See 4th post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't get Revolut to work on Booking.com

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Suckit wrote: »
    Can't get Revolut to work on Booking.com

Anyone else have this issue?

the problem would be the address, try to edit your address in Revolut app and just use:

Country
    Eir Code / post code
    1st address line
    leave 2nd line blank*
    City

leave region blank as well*

5star02707 wrote: »
    the problem would be the address, try to edit your address in Revolut app and just use:

Country
    Eir Code / post code
    1st address line
    leave 2nd line blank*
    City

leave region blank as well*

Thanks, there was only one room left and panic was setting in :D
    I got it, I used another card, I'l have to change that another time. Not a nice time to find out, I watched the place go down to 'only one room left' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

Revolut works a treat out in Vietnam for anybody interested. And for booking.com ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Once you go to the app and approve the amazon prime membership as a genuine payment you'll be fine after the 1st time, it worked for me since. I also had to top up the revolut account using my credit card and transferred back to my current account recently and didnt have an issue at all.

Well worth having in my experience, just this week on 1 transfer to another UK account for accomodation for a holiday later in the year it saved us €25 compared to the brick and mortar banks rates for doing the same, I had 2 trips to the UK earlier in the year and the rate just keeps getting better right now with the whole Brexit and PM merry go round plays out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

switcher services usually hold for a year, they automatically route the funds to the new account. after that it might get rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Suckit wrote: »
    Thanks, there was only one room left and panic was setting in :D
    I got it, I used another card, I'l have to change that another time. Not a nice time to find out, I watched the place go down to 'only one room left' :eek:

Off topic, but as we all like a bargain, you may have fallen for sharp practice on booking.com

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/06/hotel-booking-sites-forced-to-end-misleading-sales-tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I heard about this practice before and now once I find somewhere online I always call the property directly and check the price with them and book what suits us best (we may choose a different place from initially looking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Any trouble topping up Revolut card with an EBS debit card ?

Ben Done wrote: »
    Off topic, but as we all like a bargain, you may have fallen for sharp practice on booking.com

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/06/hotel-booking-sites-forced-to-end-misleading-sales-tactics

Thanks, yep I knew that existed, but don't think it applied here, In this case it is an island 2 hotels and 4 bnb's and the dates were given out to us this morning.

So everybody was panic booking :D
    I got a place, but it is fully booked out now.

Anyone not staying there will have to get a boat over in mornings and back at nights unless they can camp. I didn't fancy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Can somebody tell me as a BOI customer what benefit Revolut is. Apple Pay is a plus but would it cost more to keep transferring money over to top the revolut account up?

Robbie G wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me as a BOI customer what benefit Revolut is. Apple Pay is a plus but would it cost more to keep transferring money over to top the revolut account up?

Revolut is used mostly for getting live currency exchange rates but there are quite a few other benefits and it’s free unless you start using the cash machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Any trouble topping up Revolut card with an EBS debit card ?

Not when I topped up on the 13th for my holiday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement