Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I'm having trouble topping up from BoI debit card. Pending for 30 min now. Normally transfers within a few minutes.

Edit - Message from Revolut to effect they are currently experiencing problems with card top ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble topping up from BoI debit card. Pending for 30 min now. Normally transfers within a few minutes.

Had that a couple of weeks ago too. Two failed and about an hour later it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I just got a message again to say my balance is negative and if i don't top up they will take from my debit card. How can a pre paid card go into arrears ? It's confusing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I just got a message again to say my balance is negative and if i don't top up they will take from my debit card. How can a pre paid card go into arrears ? It's confusing me.

Delayed charge where the merchant didn’t claim the money straight maybe, should be easy to find out looking at the app

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Several times now transaction did revert weeks after being made with no notice and if you don't keep an eye on it or records you won't know. Than a week or so later the transaction are charged again.

Cruical to keep records so that you know your real balance.

At one point for me I had over 400€ playing the game. Seams to be a major issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I currently don't do any travelling but use Revolut with Google Pay and to get Netflix cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I currently don't do any travelling but use Revolut with Google Pay and to get Netflix cheap.

To get netflix cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

budhabob wrote: »
    To get netflix cheap?

Pay sterling rate rather than Euro i assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

To get netflix cheap?

there's a whole thread on this, change your location and pay in that currency makes it cheaper than Ireland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Funny thing, if I use Revolut to pay for Spotify it charges me £10 rather than 10 Euro, so I have to use my Irish bank account instead to make it cheaper.

• Advertisement

To get netflix cheap?

Turkish lira is currently the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

To get netflix cheap?

Just over €4 a month for standard package on Turkish Netflix, and before you ask, no it doesn't mean you're stuck with the Turkish library. You access the library of the country you're in (Ireland, I presume).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Funny thing, if I use Revolut to pay for Spotify it charges me £10 rather than 10 Euro, so I have to use my Irish bank account instead to make it cheaper.

I have my revolut tied to PayPal and then my Spotify subscription is paid from that so the 9.99 gets taken from the revolut card via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

Trying to use my Revolut on Ebay and it won't accept it. Any know how to resolve this?

Also does anyone know how to confirm Revolut card on paypal? I can't seem to find the code when they put a small charge on the card.

TripleSSS wrote: »
    Trying to use my Revolut on Ebay and it won't accept it. Any know how to resolve this?

Also does anyone know how to confirm Revolut card on paypal? I can't seem to find the code when they put a small charge on the card.

When shopping on eBay use Revolut via PayPal as you get extra buyer protection and free returns of up to €30

The PayPal code should come up on the app beside the transaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I have my revolut tied to PayPal and then my Spotify subscription is paid from that so the 9.99 gets taken from the revolut card via PayPal

this link will help

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/How-to-change-Paypal-default-currency-to-USD/td-p/616528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Might be an eircode address issue for using the card on eBay? I've used revolut on eBay with no problems, but mainly just use Revolut through Paypal on eBay for the extra protection as mentioned above

Revolut was on an eircode buzz a while ago and enforced the postcode/eircode into peoples addresses, so that might be causing a bit of hassle if addresses don't match up on ebay/paypal/revolut? Just a guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When shopping on eBay use Revolut via PayPal as you get extra buyer protection and free returns of up to €30

The PayPal code should come up on the app beside the transaction

I think I was using the wrong Eirecode on the billing address alright, but I still can't see the paypal code beside the transaction, even when I go into the details or statments?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you are on the Beta programme, check your email - they are testing their in-house payment processor (so in theory, less downtime)

You get a free card as an incentive.

No guarantees we’ll be selected, they are limiting it to first 1000 who sign up. I got the email just after 6pm and signed up straight away, dunno if everyone got the mail at the same time thou

BA4-A4259-DEA2-4462-8019-72-FA413797-DA.jpg

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No guarantees we’ll be selected, they are limiting it to first 1000 who sign up. I got the email just after 6pm and signed up straight away, dunno if everyone got the mail at the same time thou

BA4-A4259-DEA2-4462-8019-72-FA413797-DA.jpg

I didn’t get an email invite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Are you currently part of the beta program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Are you currently part of the beta program?

I am infact - no emails. Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've just had an attempt at a fraudulent transaction stopped by Revolut and my card cancelled. When trying to order a new physical card it won't accept my Eircode in the postcode section and fails every time. Has anyone had this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

Anyone renew their motor tax online using their revolute card, I tried tonight and it just kept processing and in the end it just timed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

When it comes to Eircode I find sometimes adding the space matters.

For my address I added a space in between and it seems to be accepted. E.g. D01 XXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

DubDJ wrote: »
    When it comes to Eircode I find sometimes adding the space matters.

For my address I added a space in between and it seems to be accepted. E.g. D01 XXXX

Nothing I've tried makes a difference, joined, with a space, with a hyphen, capitals, lower case. The mad thing is this is only the section with the postal address, my Eircode is added in my profile details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You can also sign up via the blog for the RevP beta if you did not get the mail:

https://blog.revolut.com/become-a-revp-beta-tester-and-help-improve-card-payments/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rafter21

Hi guys, hope someone who knows more about International banking than I do can help.

I'm planning on going to the UK next week to buy a car. The car is £13,600. In order to get the best exchange rate my plan is to get a car loan and then transfer €16,000 from my bank account into my Revolut account. I've the Revolut Metal account if that matters. Anyway, I'll then exchange the €16k into my GBP pocket on Revolut. When I get to the UK and choose to buy the car, I'll transfer it to the car dealership's UK bank account. I'm hoping to be coming home on the same day. That's my plan anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of issues I might run into? Will the transfer to the UK bank account be seen as a UK bank to UK bank transfer? Will I be able to transfer the entire amount in one go? Will there be charges for either side? Will it take days or hours?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm quite apprehensive about it as I'm sure something will go wrong. I asked in the help section on Revolut but they didn't seem to understand what I was asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

rafter21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope someone who knows more about International banking than I do can help.

I'm planning on going to the UK next week to buy a car. The car is £13,600. In order to get the best exchange rate my plan is to get a car loan and then transfer €16,000 from my bank account into my Revolut account. I've the Revolut Metal account if that matters. Anyway, I'll then exchange the €16k into my GBP pocket on Revolut. When I get to the UK and choose to buy the car, I'll transfer it to the car dealership's UK bank account. I'm hoping to be coming home on the same day. That's my plan anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of issues I might run into? Will the transfer to the UK bank account be seen as a UK bank to UK bank transfer? Will I be able to transfer the entire amount in one go? Will there be charges for either side? Will it take days or hours?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm quite apprehensive about it as I'm sure something will go wrong. I asked in the help section on Revolut but they didn't seem to understand what I was asking.

Make sure you exchange the euro into sterling during the week, they add a slight mark up to the rate at weekends to avoid fluctuations whilst markets are closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Also make sure you refer to it as a Debit card and not a Credit card. Some dealers won't take a Credit card due to bank charges. Happened me just before Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement