Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

So it seems, dunno how I missed that! Anyway, like I said, they don't accept a non UK billing address, and if the billing address supplied doesn't match your revolut card, it gets rejected. Which turned out positive for me as it happens, as I saved 12 quid (33%) on the same item, so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mr.S wrote: »
    In these cases, always worth trying with UK selected as the country, even if it's an Irish address, usually tricks it!

Tried, no joy here unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I paid for an item with paypal via revolut, had to return it and i had an email confirm from paypal that it was refunded to my revolut card. How long does this generally take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BArra wrote: »
    I paid for an item with paypal via revolut, had to return it and i had an email confirm from paypal that it was refunded to my revolut card. How long does this generally take?

usually for me it’s a few days

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads I wanted to pay our FBD House Insurance by Direct Debit using Revolut but they refused saying they could not accept a foreign IBan. They said I had to provide an Irish IBAN

They were pleasant to deal with, its the GB IBAN thats the problem.

Will Revolut be providing an Irish IBAN in the future?

Its the first time Ive tried to use Revolut for Direct Debits. Apart from the lack of Direct debits its a great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lads I wanted to pay our FBD House Insurance by Direct Debit using Revolut but they refused saying they could not accept a foreign IBan. They said I had to provide an Irish IBAN

They were pleasant to deal with, its the GB IBAN thats the problem.

Will Revolut be providing an Irish IBAN in the future?

Its the first time Ive tried to use Revolut for Direct Debits. Apart from the lack of Direct debits its a great service.

Can you pay by credit card ? if yes give them the revolut number

listermint wrote: »
    Can you pay by credit card ? if yes give them the revolut number

I can do but ideally would like to pay by DD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I can do but ideally would like to pay by DD.
    Submit a paper mandate if you can find one, they have to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

they cant refuse a SEPA payment, SEPA was brought in EU wide, it shouldnt make a difference where the money is coming from once its from a legit source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Netflix wont accept my revolut card for payments anymore, anyone else had similar issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

gwalk wrote: »
    Netflix wont accept my revolut card for payments anymore, anyone else had similar issues?
    I paid my Netflix sub on 19 June with no issues.

are you using a work around to get it cheap ?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Submit a paper mandate if you can find one, they have to accept that.

Have you got a link for info on that. I could send it on to them.

When I mentioned Revolut they weren't even aware of it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

Have you got a link for info on that. I could send it on to them.

When I mentioned Revolut they weren't even aware of it.

It's one of the options on this page: https://www.fbd.ie/documents/request-a-document-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

ROVER wrote: »
    I paid my Netflix sub on 19 June with no issues.

Me too. June 25th. No issues.

Spocker wrote: »
    It's one of the options on this page: https://www.fbd.ie/documents/request-a-document-online/

Thanks for that. Ill look through it and contact them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

rafter21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope someone who knows more about International banking than I do can help.

I'm planning on going to the UK next week to buy a car. The car is £13,600. In order to get the best exchange rate my plan is to get a car loan and then transfer €16,000 from my bank account into my Revolut account. I've the Revolut Metal account if that matters. Anyway, I'll then exchange the €16k into my GBP pocket on Revolut. When I get to the UK and choose to buy the car, I'll transfer it to the car dealership's UK bank account. I'm hoping to be coming home on the same day. That's my plan anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of issues I might run into? Will the transfer to the UK bank account be seen as a UK bank to UK bank transfer? Will I be able to transfer the entire amount in one go? Will there be charges for either side? Will it take days or hours?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm quite apprehensive about it as I'm sure something will go wrong. I asked in the help section on Revolut but they didn't seem to understand what I was asking.

How did you get on with this? I am planning something similar but read that the point of sale limit has been removed so in theory could pay by card there and then without having to risk the transfer delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

PaulKK wrote:
    How did you get on with this? I am planning something similar but read that the point of sale limit has been removed so in theory could pay by card there and then without having to risk the transfer delay.

Did this last year and bought a car in the UK.
    Transfered €12k to revolut from Ulster bank using the debit card topup. Was surprised it works for such large amount of€'s changed it to £'s and sent it by SEPA iban and reference number to UK car dealership. Payment made on Monday night they received it by the morning time.
    Picked car up Friday and drove home

OmegaGene wrote: »
    are you using a work around to get it cheap ?

no, but managed to set up a new account with the same card so seems like it was my account that was the issue, anyways means i get this month free :)

no, but managed to set up a new account with the same card so seems like it was my account that was the issue, anyways means i get this month free :)

Hope over to bargain alerts when you get a chance and you will save yourself a fortune

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Hope over to bargain alerts when you get a chance and you will save yourself a fortune

if its the Turkish one, im on to it already, i will cancel the new one before the first payment then reactivate it via a VPN

Thanks for the heads up

noel100 wrote: »
    Did this last year and bought a car in the UK.
    Transfered €12k to revolut from Ulster bank using the debit card topup. Was surprised it works for such large amount of€'s changed it to £'s and sent it by SEPA iban and reference number to UK car dealership. Payment made on Monday night they received it by the morning time.
    Picked car up Friday and drove home

The problem with that is, unless you have already gone to see the car you are taking a chance. It would be nice to be able to just pay by card there and then on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Try to use the Virtual card instead of the physical if you have one or vice versa

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

PaulKK wrote: »
    The problem with that is, unless you have already gone to see the car you are taking a chance. It would be nice to be able to just pay by card there and then on the day.

As long as you're not in a rush, you can pay by bank transfer from Revolut there and then and the funds will be in the beneficiary's account in two hours or less. Much less in my experience.

Quackster wrote: »
    As long as you're not in a rush, you can pay by bank transfer from Revolut there and then and the funds will be in the beneficiary's account in two hours or less. Much less in my experience.

Even on a Saturday?

Quackster wrote: »

Even on a Saturday?

Yep and even on sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Has anybody been able to do the lotto online with their revolut card?

Revolut no doubt works out much cheaper for day to day spending in other currencies (it’s basially my main card even in Ireland now) but due to the fact they add a fee for larger transactions it may actually be cheaper to pay with your Irish debit card depending on your bank.

For example today 10,000 sterling would cost 11,228 euro on Revolut but with with my bank of Ireland Visa card it would cost 11,196 euro as the fee is capped around 11 euro on a boi visa where as the Revolut fee starts to kick in after 5k and the more you spend the higher it is. The visa exchange rate being a little worse isn’t enough to close the gap over Revoluts higher fee.

This is very different to doing a bank transfer which will have terrible boi rates but if you actually use your visa debit it’s visa who sets the rates. It’s just worth checking these things as sometimes what’s best for day to day and smaller numbers isn’t best for very large transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yep and even on sundays

I dont think transfers will go through on weekends , never have for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Has anybody been able to do the lotto online with their revolut card?

The lotto don't allow it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement