Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

gwalk wrote: »
    Yep and even on sundays

I dont think transfers will go through on weekends , never have for me anyway.

They do for me to UK accounts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The lotto don't allow it.

Other way around. Revolut won’t work on gambling sites, which includes lotto.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Other way around. Revolut won’t work on gambling sites which includes lotto.ie

That's incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

How does revoult work in regards to fraud and getting you money back which you paid through the app, is there such a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ASOT wrote:
    That's incorrect

Was working for me no problem on sky bet. Last few days no money will go in as it says it's not allowed by the bank. Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Was working for me no problem on sky bet. Last few days no money will go in as it says it's not allowed by the bank. Anyone else getting this?

Working fine with my Paddy power as of today, won't work with bet365 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Just topped up my Skybet acc. to test. No problem. I've over a dozen betting accounts and the only one that does not accept Revolut is Bet365.

https://www.lottery.ie/ you can only use a card that is registered with an Irish bank account.

No such restrictions with https://www.lottoland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Revolut no doubt works out much cheaper for day to day spending in other currencies (it’s basially my main card even in Ireland now) but due to the fact they add a fee for larger transactions it may actually be cheaper to pay with your Irish debit card depending on your bank.

For example today 10,000 sterling would cost 11,228 euro on Revolut but with with my bank of Ireland Visa card it would cost 11,196 euro as the fee is capped around 11 euro on a boi visa where as the Revolut fee starts to kick in after 5k and the more you spend the higher it is. The visa exchange rate being a little worse isn’t enough to close the gap over Revoluts higher fee.

This is very different to doing a bank transfer which will have terrible boi rates but if you actually use your visa debit it’s visa who sets the rates. It’s just worth checking these things as sometimes what’s best for day to day and smaller numbers isn’t best for very large transactions.

Didn''t realise this, what's the fee they charge or where is that information available? Could easily get caught out with this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

32e difference over 10k isnt bad, as really how often one would go above these limits day to day, even at 5k being limit i think most use just to be under 200e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

ppn wrote: »
    Didn''t realise this, what's the fee they charge or where is that information available? Could easily get caught out with this...

It tells you if you stick in a sample exchange in the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ppn wrote: »

This only applies on the free account so if you’re going to do a large transaction like this then upgrade to metal for the month

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You might be able to snag up a free rainbow mastercard on revolut is you are quick.

If you don't see an option to order the rainbox card under colors, you might need to log out of the app and log in again, that fixes it.

It's a free card, which you can immediately use on google pay/apple pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

You might be able to snag up a free rainbow mastercard on revolut is you are quick.

If you don't see an option to order the rainbox card under colors, you might need to log out of the app and log in again, that fixes it.

Is there much benefit between the visa versus mastercard? or indeed negatives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Just topped up my Skybet acc. to test. No problem. I've over a dozen betting accounts and the only one that does not accept Revolut is Bet365.

https://www.lottery.ie/ you can only use a card that is registered with an Irish bank account.

No such restrictions with https://www.lottoland.ie/

Over a dozen betting accounts? I think you have a problem that needs addressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Ok that's cool as feck!

MuJzYbY.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have tried logging out and in a few times and can't get it to give me the option.

but if you get that card are you stuck with the charity donation s for every transaction?

Have tried logging out and in a few times and can't get it to give me the option.

Did you select new card and swipe across the various cards ?

Yes, you appear to be confusing me with some sort of moron.

it only appeared for me after I made a donation (1 Turkish Lira)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I didn't have to donate anything, was there for me straight away once I selected add new card and then went to colour options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I got one and have it set up with Google Pay. I didn't make any donation. I got it around 8.30AM - must have app version 5.54.

I was checking on and off since 5AM as this time had been indicated as when new update went on to Google play store.

Haven't been on WiFi for ages ago app hadn't updated. That was the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

It says I have reached the maximum limit of 3 physical cards.

Do I have to cancel one of the active (Visa) cards to get the colour one then?
    I wonder if it would be worth..

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

inel wrote: »
    It says I have reached the maximum limit of 3 physical cards.

Do I have to cancel one of the active (Visa) cards to get the colour one then?
    I wonder if it would be worth..

Yep, I got the same message. I deleted one of my visas and was then able to add it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

but if you get that card are you stuck with the charity donation s for every transaction?

No

Haven't been on WiFi for ages ago app hadn't updated. That was the issue.

;)

it only appeared for me after I made a donation (1 Turkish Lira)

I didn’t donate anything and got the card ordered and set up on Apple Pay straight away with no hassles at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Got it myself and it works great on Apple Pay - so cool looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Any idea why it wont take my postcode?
    I have tried postcode and eircode and everything in between

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement