Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

gmisk wrote: »
    Any idea why it wont take my postcode?
    I have tried postcode and eircode and everything in between

make sure there's a space after the first 2/3 digits

D2 XXXX
    D15 XXXX

also remove region and use the Town/City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

5star02707 wrote: »
    make sure there's a space after the first 2/3 digits

D2 XXXX
    D15 XXXX

also remove region and use the Town/City

I Did already

D10 XXXX

removed region

Still says postcode invalid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

gmisk wrote: »
    I Did already

D10 XXXX

removed region

Still says postcode invalid

Hmm not sure then..

mine has

Ireland
    D15 XXXX
    1st line address
    no 2nd line
    Dublin
    no region

5star02707 wrote: »
    Hmm not sure then..

mine has

Ireland
    D15 XXXX
    1st line address
    no 2nd line
    Dublin
    no region
    Tried that....will uninstall and reinstall maybe thanks

Needed to change postcode in profile as well and then it worked!
    Hurrah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

Does the mastercard work identically the same as visa i.e. is there any delay / additional cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

budhabob wrote: »
    Does the mastercard work identically the same as visa i.e. is there any delay / additional cost?

It’s much the same thing just some places accept Mastercard and some don’t
    No delay
    No cost

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

budhabob wrote: »

Works the same in most counties. No different cost.

There are some countries in Asia where Visa is accepted more but usually its the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just got it myself there. Still showing, so maybe you can get more than one? But that was my 3rd physical one anyway.

Always handy having the extra card. I have my 2nd one blocked in the app but can turn back on if I lose the 1st one.

Wasn't an error, they were giving away 30,000 of them.

https://community.revolut.com/t/pride-cards-donations/95777/50

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Wheety wrote: »
    Just got it myself there. Still showing, so maybe you can get more than one? But that was my 3rd physical one anyway.

Always handy having the extra card. I have my 2nd one blocked in the app but can turn back on if I lose the 1st one.

Wasn't an error, they were giving away 30,000 of them.

https://community.revolut.com/t/pride-cards-donations/95777/50

Cheers, just got one myself - had to update the app before the option appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Got one this morning, as someone already pointed out handy to have a spare ready to go in case one is lost or compromised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I wonder if this Pride card is with Revolut's payment processor? And this is their way of mass testing that function?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I had my first decline recently despite there being plenty of funds in the card
    App said my phone location didn't tally with the shop...

Bit silly that given it was a pin transaction
    Anyone ever have that?
    What if you leave the phone at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I had my first decline recently despite there being plenty of funds in the card
    App said my phone location didn't tally with the shop...

Bit silly that given it was a pin transaction
    Anyone ever have that?
    What if you leave the phone at home?

I turn off the location security. I've heard to many issues with it.

The step I do is just leave the card disabled 99% of the time and I just enable whenever I'm going to make a transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I turn off the location security. I've heard to many issues with it.

The strep I do is just leave the card disabled 99% of the time and I just enable whenever I'm going to make a transaction.

I leave the location off too. What I do for security is set a limit on the card. It's a monthly limit so I'll have a look at it every few days and keep it around €50 above what I've spent so that's the max I could lose. N26 do a daily limit which I think is better.

As it's only the 2nd, I have it set at €50. I check it every few days and if my spend is at €30, I'll bump the limit up to €80 and so on. It's just my day to day card so I don't tend to spend €30+ in one go. If I am going to, because it's unusual, I'll remember to check the limit.

I know it sounds like hard work, but really it's only a few seconds every week or so. I have a couple of spare cards (blocked at the moment) so if the main one does get compromised, I'll just block it and unblock a spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Dardania wrote: »
    I wonder if this Pride card is with Revolut's payment processor? And this is their way of mass testing that function?

They have a beta for that and from the looks at it there are no warnings like on the beta card about possible issues, so we only will know once the cards are out and used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Mr.S wrote: »
    They already have a separate card for that
    They have a beta for that and from the looks at it there are no warnings like on the beta card about possible issues, so we only will know once the cards are out and used.

Oh right. Are you guys on that beta? I applied, but no response from them...
    I'm on the app beta

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kenmc wrote: »
    Got one this morning, as someone already pointed out handy to have a spare ready to go in case one is lost or compromised

Also, if you don't already have a MasterCard, it's handy to have if you want to use Revolut with Curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

My first Revolut card is expiring next month. Will I have to pay for postage for a new card to be sent out or will they send it out for free?. TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

dercunx wrote: »
    My first Revolut card is expiring next month. Will I have to pay for postage for a new card to be sent out or will they send it out for free?. TIA.

They'll send you a new one for free. I had a card cancelled 2 weeks ago over a suspicious transaction and my replacement was free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Quackster wrote: »
    Also, if you don't already have a MasterCard, it's handy to have if you want to use Revolut with Curve.

You don’t need a MasterCard to use Revolut with Curve. Works fine for me with Visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Is there a charge for a replacement physical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Is there a charge for a replacement physical card?

I lost mine. Reported it lost and it was about €2 for postage for the new one. Seems fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Where and how are REVOLUT making money ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

adam88 wrote: »
    Where and how are REVOLUT making money ??

Premium/Metal accounts

The weekend markup thing they do.

charge if people go over their ATM limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Can you cancel your premium/metal account after a month or two or is it signed up for a years contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Can you cancel your premium/metal account after a month or two or is it signed up for a years contact?

if you pay monthly you can cancel it there and then, but there is a break fee involved

but if you have paid anually you can cancel it and it will rever back to standard after the year is up

edit:

If you are on the Annual plan, we will cancel your automatic renewal for another year provided that you downgrade it at least 1 month prior to the end of your 12-month contract. This means that you would be able to use your plan only until the end of your initial 1-year subscription period.

If you are on the Monthly plan, you have the option for early termination any time within the first 10 months for a break fee of £14 on Revolut Premium or £26 on Revolut Metal. If you cancel in Month 11, as you are inside the 1-month notice period you will receive your subscription for the remainder of your 12-month Monthly plan. Your subscription will not be auto-renewed for the next year.

jakdublin wrote: »
    You don’t need a MasterCard to use Revolut with Curve. Works fine for me with Visa.

Just a quick one on curve. I just signed up and when adding the card it defaulted to GBP on curve. I changed it to euro but it warned about potential charges. Is it correct to have it set as a euro card on curve or should it be set as a GBP card so as not to be considered a foreign exchange transaction by curve?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

I cant seem to use my revolut with Ebay. Can any one help me with this? I have my revolut bank account linked with my paypal account but it wont allow my card to be displayed and keeps wanting to charge me in Eur rather than in GBP. It wont seem to allow me to link my card at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just a quick one on curve. I just signed up and when adding the card it defaulted to GBP on curve. I changed it to euro but it warned about potential charges. Is it correct to have it set as a euro card on curve or should it be set as a GBP card so as not to be considered a foreign exchange transaction by curve?

What currency you set it to depends on whether you want Revolut or Curve to handle foreign currency transactions. If you want Revolut to handle FX, then you need to have the Curve card set to the local currency (so Euro when using it here but change it to GBP for sterling transactions etc).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement