Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

adox wrote: »
    Thanks. I have the card nearly two years so having a paltry €200 limit is poor, really poor.

I don't think having the card for a long time is what they're looking for, but rather the frequency of use. Do you top up and use the card regularly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

JoyPad wrote: »
    I don't think having the card for a long time is what they're looking for, but rather the frequency of use. Do you top up and use the card regularly?

Infrequently tbh. Ive just set it as default for Google Pay so will use it a lot more now and see if it increases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emmettn

Hi folks, I'm currently doing a masters research project on fintech/mobile banking in Ireland. If you've got a couple of minutes would you mind filling out this quick survey?

dcubusinessschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8wA73Foifi6snlP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

I have a standard revolut account.

is it possible to get an additional card on the account for my wife without incurring a monthly fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Soulsun wrote: »

is it possible to get an additional card on the account for my wife without incurring a monthly fee?

Yes, but only it the card is in your name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Soulsun wrote: »

The OH and I have our own separate Revolut accounts, both served by the one joint BoI bank account. Would this suit your needs? I am constantly being offered the chance to 'give' a free Revolut card to friends or family, so it's definitely possible to obtain free cards. I have 3 Revolut cards of my own currently, none of which I paid anything for, the most recent being the colourful version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

RoYoBo wrote: »
    The OH and I have our own separate Revolut accounts, both served by the one joint BoI bank account. Would this suit your needs? I am constantly being offered the chance to 'give' a free Revolut card to friends or family, so it's definitely possible to obtain free cards. I have 3 Revolut cards of my own currently, none of which I paid anything for, the most recent being the colourful version.

Thanks both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Anyone else having trouble with Revolut these days? Redently have issues with ATM Withdrawals, duplicate top ups and rejected payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I topped up my Revolut using my AIB card over the weekend. I checked by online banking there and it shows 2 transactions for the same amount of money going out of my account. Happen to anyone else before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

I topped up my Revolut using my AIB card over the weekend. I checked by online banking there and it shows 2 transactions for the same amount of money going out of my account. Happen to anyone else before?

Happened to me before, it gets refunded. If you go to help, click live chat a notification with some info is there on this issue automatically so must be happening quite a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I made 2 top-ups which both have duplicated today. Went onto the help and it was like post above that they have started to reverse the duplicate payments so hopefully everything should be grand.

So I'm sending a large amount of Sterling which will eventually be repaid to me.

When the person does send me back Sterling eventually I can just give them.my revolut details and the Sterling will arrive in my Sterling section of my account? I can then change it to Euro and transfer to my main bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

So I'm sending a large amount of Sterling which will eventually be repaid to me.

When the person does send me back Sterling eventually I can just give them.my revolut details and the Sterling will arrive in my Sterling section of my account? I can then change it to Euro and transfer to my main bank?

Did you set up a sterling account? Very easy to add one, if not. If you have, you'll see your Euro balance when you log in. Swipe over to your Sterling account and tap on Details. You should have Local account details (bank account and sort code). Give these details to the person and when you receive the money it'll arrive in your Sterling balance and then you can convert it to Euro.

Wheety wrote: »
    Did you set up a sterling account? Very easy to add one, if not. If you have, you'll see your Euro balance when you log in. Swipe over to your Sterling account and tap on Details. You should have Local account details (bank account and sort code). Give these details to the person and when you receive the money it'll arrive in your Sterling balance and then you can convert it to Euro.

Cheers. Yeah had a sterling account set up already. Didnt actually realaise they have their own details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cheers. Yeah had a sterling account set up already. Didnt actually realaise they have their own details!

The local details are handy for receiving UK payments. Don't think they ever really bought into IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

suave.4u wrote: »
    I am in the same position. Which is the best place to exchange eur 200 to dollars in Dublin? An post?

Usually a credit union is cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Getting a lot of unrecognisable payments on my card recently. I don't think they're incorrrect payments just the place details are wrong. I've one for the vhi women's mini marathon for example and last week I got food McDonald's and Supermacs came up!

Anyone else? Apologies if this has been mentioned before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

pedatron wrote: »
    Getting a lot of unrecognisable payments on my card recently. I don't think they're incorrrect payments just the place details are wrong. I've one for the vhi women's mini marathon for example and last week I got food McDonald's and Supermacs came up!

Anyone else? Apologies if this has been mentioned before

McDonalds in Tallaght showed up as "Tallaght Mosque" for me once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Not sure what's causing it maybe the name given on the terminal (card reader) or where it came from before and has not been updated?

Went to Butlers in town and paid but it's showing up as Dublin Airport?
    Paid in Spar and showed up as SuperValu as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Not sure if anyone’s had this issue before but seen tweets from Revolut saying they’re dealing with duplicate transactions but not sure how they are..

I booked a hotel on a travel site using Revolut card, topped the card up from my permanent TSB account before hand. However, Revolut seems to have taken the amount out twice from my account. It appears twice on Open 24 (€190 x 2) but only one of the transactions comes up on Revolut app. Anyone had this happen before and what to do?

Edit: seen the posts on previous page. Anyone had it sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone’s had this issue before but seen tweets from Revolut saying they’re dealing with duplicate transactions but not sure how they are..

I booked a hotel on a travel site using Revolut card, topped the card up from my permanent TSB account before hand. However, Revolut seems to have taken the amount out twice from my account. It appears twice on Open 24 (€190 x 2) but only one of the transactions comes up on Revolut app. Anyone had this happen before and what to do?

Edit: seen the posts on previous page. Anyone had it sorted?

This has happened to me a few times with Revolut.
    There is two things.

Is the transaction showing up twice in the pending state?
    or is it showing up twice in the completed state?

It happened to me with 4 top ups whist i was on Holiday, the money was returned to me I think within 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

gwalk wrote: »

Only a matter of time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

This has happened to me a few times with Revolut.
    There is two things.

Is the transaction showing up twice in the pending state?
    or is it showing up twice in the completed state?

It happened to me with 4 top ups whist i was on Holiday, the money was returned to me I think within 3 days.

I have a duplicate revolut transaction in my AIB account also, it is showing up as 2 completed €60 transactions to Revolut in AIB, but only one €60 top up in Revolut.

I haven't contacted Revolut yet, do I need to? Or will they automatically credit my AIB account with €60 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

I have a duplicate revolut transaction in my AIB account also, it is showing up as 2 completed €60 transactions to Revolut in AIB, but only one €60 top up in Revolut.

I haven't contacted Revolut yet, do I need to? Or will they automatically credit my AIB account with €60 or something?

I contacted them at the time the told me it was not debted twice albeit it was, within 3 days the duplicated amount was returned.

They came back and explained it was their 3rd party vendor who was at fault for the duplicate amount.

But I would contact them to let them know just in case it is not returned anytime soon.

But I am sure it will be back in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

gwalk wrote: »

It's not just me so. I don't think it's anything dodge just I'm trying to figure out what reckless spending I'm doing and it's proving hard to trace when the names of places aren't correct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

pedatron wrote: »
    It's not just me so. I don't think it's anything dodge just I'm trying to figure out what reckless spending I'm doing and it's proving hard to trace when the names of places aren't correct!

I always find it handy to look at the underside of wrist for that, and try read the nightclub names off it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

gwalk wrote:

Double bacon cheeseburger it is so lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I’ve had no issues of late, but if something is pending or not up to date, it usually resolves in a few days

Never had any issues with limits or anything either, but I have been using it a few days a week for years

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

Had a payment declined in Supermac's t Larkin's cross Wexford today,
    It said my location didn't match where the payment was made,
    The location said I was in Carlow and I certainly wasn't, it's lucky that I had some cash with me,
    It's a new branch of Supermac's that's only after opening in the last week or so,
    I got talking to one of the staff and they told that they were all down from the Carlow branch until they get local staff in Wexford trained up.
    So I was just wondering would the computer system for payments also be running through the Carlow branch causing this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Had a payment declined in Supermac's t Larkin's cross Wexford today,
    It said my location didn't match where the payment was made,
    The location said I was in Carlow and I certainly wasn't, it's lucky that I had some cash with me,
    It's a new branch of Supermac's that's only after opening in the last week or so,
    I got talking to one of the staff and they told that they were all down from the Carlow branch until they get local staff in Wexford trained up.
    So I was just wondering would the computer system for payments also be running through the Carlow branch causing this ?

Try turning off location based security.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement