Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Did you sign up for the revolut beta (the card where they are their own payment processor)?

If the new card starts with 542402 than it's for the beta.
    That would explain it for me so number has yet to show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I topped up by 50 today and it was reverted a short time later, for no obvious reason. I had difficulty getting into the app also - a bit of a delay somewhere.

I also got an email today about the duplicate/double top-ups issue saying it was now sorted. Maybe the computer got a bit too enthusiastic and reverted even legitimate top-ups?

I'm still waiting on the delivery of my rainbow card, but it's showing up on my account and I had a notification last week to say it'd be delivered on the 12th.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Did you sign up for the revolut beta (the card where they are their own payment processor)?

If the new card starts with 542402 than it's for the beta.

It does indeed! I signed up for the Visa beta back whenever so have I been automatically included in this latest beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rigamincedeal

Does anyone know what is the maximum amount in one transaction you can make on a standard Revolut card? I seem to be getting conflicting answers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rigamincedeal

Does anyone know what is the maximum chip and pin transaction that I can make on a standard Revolut Card..?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Does anyone know what is the maximum amount in one transaction you can make on a standard Revolut card? I seem to be getting conflicting answers.

Thanks

There was a thing brought in after the crash of a max you could transfer per day and anything over 20k had to be reported.

I'm not sure if it's still in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Does anyone know what is the maximum chip and pin transaction that I can make on a standard Revolut Card..?

Thanks

It used to be £5000 within 96 hours but there are unconfirmed reports that like everything these days it's now individually AI driven limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Received the email there about my card for RevP. I'll start using it as my day to day card when I get it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I also got an email saying my RevP beta card was on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Planning on buying a car in the UK next week (under £5k) am I better off just getting a bank draft or something in case they won’t let me spend that much in one go? I’m just a bit worried as I don’t want it declining while trying to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Planning on buying a car in the UK next week (under £5k) am I better off just getting a bank draft or something in case they won’t let me spend that much in one go? I’m just a bit worried as I don’t want it declining while trying to buy it.

you can transfer it to the dealers account via the app and should arrive quickly

gwalk wrote: »
    you can transfer it to the dealers account via the app and should arrive quickly

More or less instantly from my recent experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I also got an email saying my RevP beta card was on the way.

Same here. Card on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Quackster wrote: »
    More or less instantly from my recent experience.

I recently did a transfer to the UK and it took 2 days to arrive.

adox wrote: »
    I recently did a transfer to the UK and it took 2 days to arrive.

It's possible that the receiving account didn't support Faster Payments so the transaction would fall back to using the older BACS system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered before.

I was playing around with the Revolut app, and see that there seems to be a UK current account BIC and IBAN associated with the card?

Does this mean a UK firm / employer can make a payment to the card?

Geuze wrote: »
    Sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered before.

I was playing around with the Revolut app, and see that there seems to be a UK current account BIC and IBAN associated with the card?

Does this mean a UK firm / employer can make a payment to the card?

If you have a Sterling account, you should have 'local' details. An 8 digit account number and a 6 digit sort code. Give these to a UK company for payment.

I don't think you have a UK one set up. In your account details, click the 2 little lines at the top right to go into account manager. In there you can add a Sterling account.

In app now.

In the GBP account, I choose Details and see two headings: LOCAL and SWIFT.

LOCAL is for domestic transfer only?

This is described as a personal UK current account to get salary and pay bills, it has an 8-digit a/c number and a 6-digit sort code. Only local transfers allows.

SWIFT says it's for cross-border transfers, there is an IBAN and BIC.

Which should be used for an English employer to pay me?

Wheety wrote: »

I don't think you have a UK one set up. In your account details, click the 2 little lines at the top right to go into account manager. In there you can add a Sterling account.

Under Account Manager, there are three active accounts: EUR, GBP, USD.

In app now.

In the GBP account, I choose Details and see two headings: LOCAL and SWIFT.

LOCAL is for domestic transfer only?

This is described as a personal UK current account to get salary and pay bills, it has an 8-digit a/c number and a 6-digit sort code. Only local transfers allows.

SWIFT says it's for cross-border transfers, there is an IBAN and BIC.

Which should be used for an English employer to pay me?

Yeah that's it.

I would use the local details. It'll be quicker. It'll be local to the company paying you. It'll land in your GBP and you can just exchange it to Euro if you want.
    Under Account Manager, there are three active accounts: EUR, GBP, USD.

I only have Euro and GBP.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much.

I am a bit nervous about this, as I want everything to be perfect with this firm, I don't want any messing / funds bouncing back, etc.

Thanks very much.

I am a bit nervous about this, as I want everything to be perfect with this firm, I don't want any messing / funds bouncing back, etc.

I've given it to the UK Pensions office so I can receive my Dad's payment and then I'll exchange it to Euro and pay it to his Credit Union.

Haven't received one yet as it's only quarterly. Hoping it goes smoothly but don't see any reason why it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just made a large enough transaction from TransferWise, Revolut asked to verify funds and I sent them the PDF from my stock broker. All sorted within a few hours.

Their customer service has improved dramatically over the last year.

Also have a referral link for a free card delivered if anyone wants it, drop me a PM!

The new RevP beta cards are not ready for Google Pay or Apple Pay yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Just made a large enough transaction from TransferWise, Revolut asked to verify funds and I sent them the PDF from my stock broker. All sorted within a few hours.

Their customer service has improved dramatically over the last year.

Also have a referral link for a free card delivered if anyone wants it, drop me a PM!

Was this when crediting your account? I'm a bit concerned about this happening as I'm planning on buying a car in the UK, I'll probably credit the account from my BOI visa debit and then converting to sterling and do a bank transfer on revolut but delays of hours to verify the funds would be a disaster.

I also have an account with currency fair but it took over two days for the sepa transfer to land in that account from BOI. All a bit frustrating!

PaulKK wrote: »
    Was this when crediting your account? I'm a bit concerned about this happening as I'm planning on buying a car in the UK, I'll probably credit the account from my BOI visa debit and then converting to sterling and do a bank transfer on revolut but delays of hours to verify the funds would be a disaster.

I also have an account with currency fair but it took over two days for the sepa transfer to land in that account from BOI. All a bit frustrating!

Using your BOI debit card to buy it is the easiest and likely cheaper than Revolut for the larger sum involved in buying a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Using your BOI debit card to buy it is the easiest and likely cheaper than Revolut for the larger sum involved in buying a car.

Quite a few UK dealers (e.g cargiant) only accept UK debit cards.

At least with revolut if the card doesn't work, you can do a faster payments bank transfer and still get home the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

How would a BOI debit card be cheaper buying in a large Sterling amount?

Better rate with Revolut and no fees, unless I’m missing something here.

adox wrote: »
    How would a BOI debit card be cheaper buying in a large Sterling amount?

Better rate with Revolut and no fees, unless I’m missing something here.

Revolut charges 0.5% for over 5000£ while BOI charges 2% of transaction value with Maximum €11.43 .per transaction.

So there is a point in which even with a better rate BOI might be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Revolut charges 0.5% for over 5000£ while BOI charges 2% of transaction value with Maximum €11.43 .per transaction.

So there is a point in which even with a better rate BOI might be cheaper.

How does the exchange rate they give you compare?

An Post are ‘commission free’ but the exchange rate they provide factors in their profit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement