Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Nice looking cards.

Front is as advertised.

Back is white with black magnetic strip and gray etching of card details with the Mastercard hologram.

Card is produced by Tag systems.

It has a prepaid remark just under the magnetic strip with the rest of the usual info..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Probably been gone over a few times but I got a Curve card and it wouldn't activate with just Revolut card there.
    I added my Irish bank card and selected that for transactions and it activated fine.

- I added Revolut mastercard and visa -no problem.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - I added Revolut mastercard and visa -no problem.

Curve won't allow you to add a prepaid card.

So when it comes to revolut it depends on which generation of revolut card you have and which Bin (first 6 numbers) you have.

This is similar to why some can use their revolut card on Uber for example and others not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

What is this pride card ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    What is this pride card ?

Corporate Virtue Signalling, enabling people to virtue signal

A limited run rainbow card they were offering people - deliveries have been slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

waiting for the rainbow card, should be at home by today or tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Card came today! Looks good!

gmisk wrote: »
    Card came today! Looks good!

lucky! I hope mine has arrived too - the bunq one is nice, but I have a feeling the colours will pop more in the Revolut card

Dardania wrote: »
    lucky! I hope mine has arrived too - the bunq one is nice, but I have a feeling the colours will pop more in the Revolut card

The Bunq has more colours than the Revolut and a nice black back also does not feel as much as plastic as revolut.

As the Bunq is vertical designed (i.e. the chip on the right side and logo on the left so that you can see the logo when you put it into the cip+pin machine) makes it very nice.

But the colors on the revolut are clearer due to the bigger vertical bars but they are missing the shiny reflection of the bunq card.

Here we are comparing the color schemes of credit/prepaid cards over functionality, times have changed with fintech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Pride card still hasn't arrived for me...hopefully tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Mine arrived today too. Love the colours and have to say that it was nothing to do with virtue signalling or even Pride itself - just the colorfulness! :o It stands out in my card wallet (where only the tops of cards show) and is easier to find as a result.

The Bunq has more colours than the Revolut and a nice black back also does not feel as much as plastic as revolut.

As the Bunq is vertical designed (i.e. the chip on the right side and logo on the left so that you can see the logo when you put it into the cip+pin machine) makes it very nice.

But the colors on the revolut are clearer due to the bigger vertical bars but they are missing the shiny reflection of the bunq card.

Here we are comparing the color schemes of credit/prepaid cards over functionality, times have changed with fintech.

To be fair, they’re close enough in enough areas of functionality dot they have to differentiate somehow!

<ducks ;-) >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Card looking good. I like how there's no number and name at the front. All the details are at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

5star02707 wrote: »
    Card looking good. I like how there's no number and name at the front. All the details are at the back

Means they can have people do unboxing videos without worrying about fraud.

So, it has the number on the back like Curve and the rainbow colours like Bunq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

McGaggs wrote: »
    Means they can have people do unboxing videos without worrying about fraud.

So, it has the number on the back like Curve and the rainbow colours like Bunq.

Beaten to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

5star02707 wrote: »

Show us the back there a wee sec :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Curve won't allow you to add a prepaid card.

So when it comes to revolut it depends on which generation of revolut card you have and which Bin (first 6 numbers) you have.

This is similar to why some can use their revolut card on Uber for example and others not.

- I've now added my third Revolut card (yes came in the post today) to Curve -no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - I've now added my third Revolut card (yes came in the post today) to Curve -no problem.

Yes but your account Curve was activated already.

There can be a problem activating new Curve with a Revolut card.

To be fair, they’re close enough in enough areas of functionality dot they have to differentiate somehow!

<ducks ;-) >

Well if you take the travel card only (not the bunq account)

Free to 7 € for card vs 9.99€ (or invite 3 friends)
    Electronic money vs bank
    Own exchange rate (usually better Monday to Friday) vs Mastercard rate
    Near full account vs credit card account behavoiur
    Free loading vs some fees for debit or credit card loading
    Multi currency wallet vs euro only
    UK vs Netherlands
    Russian boss vs Dutch boss
    Prepaid service code vs credit card with offline limit
    Excellent account history display vs limited log
    Slow customer service vs better customer service
    Some blocking features vs blocking down to country level
    Apple and Gpay vs coming soon
    % based ATM fee over 200€ vs 0.99€ flat fee
    % based exchange fee over 6000£ a rolling moth vs none
    Multiple cards per wallet vs 1
    3D Secure vs revolving CCV
    CCV fixed on card vs revolving CCV in app

I think that is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes but your account Curve was activated already.

There can be a problem activating new Curve with a Revolut card.

Yeah I was unable to activate my Curved card as Revolut is a prepaid card. You need a normal mastercard or visa debit card like a Irish bank card to activate Curve

• Advertisement

Yeah I was unable to activate my Curved card as Revolut is a prepaid card. You need a normal mastercard or visa debit card like a Irish bank card to activate Curve

I have plenty of prepaid cards on my curve - might be an issue restricted to a specific prepaid BIN number range

I have plenty of prepaid cards on my curve - might be an issue restricted to a specific prepaid BIN number range

But what card did you use when you created the curve account for the initial validation?

support had said that to activate the Curve card that I received in the post, I needed to add an underlying payment card to the Curve App that was issued in the EEA and not prepaid. I also had to scan driving licence again and send Selfie to verify my identity. I just added my KBC card and was able to activate it then

But what card did you use when you created the curve account for the initial validation?
    support had said that to activate the Curve card that I received in the post, I needed to add an underlying payment card to the Curve App that was issued in the EEA and not prepaid. I also had to scan driving licence again and send Selfie to verify my identity. I just added my KBC card and was able to activate it then

Ah, I see - a PTSB Debit card I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone still waiting on the pride card?

Yeah, I am and my Curve card which was ordered last week arrived already. No idea why it's taking this long to send out the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Got mine yesterday and I ordered it within hours of it becoming available. I got an email last Friday saying it was arriving that day. Somebody mentioned here there was a delay sending them to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ha and just as I typed the above the postman dropped it in. could have swore he was around earlier.

just got the Transferwise card I ordered on Sunday now so how are Revolut taking forever to send out the cards.
    edit. just talked to chat, delay is coming from delivery company

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Yeah, I am and my Curve card which was ordered last week arrived already. No idea why it's taking this long to send out the cards

been waiting nearly 2 weeks for my curve card

pride card was recieved in 2 days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement