Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Got my pride card today in the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

What's this switch card? Any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Pride came today, only a week late.
    Daughter likes it, cos of unicorns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

kenmc wrote: »
    Pride came today, only a week late.
    Daughter likes it, cos of unicorns.

Careful now - she’ll want her own if you’re not careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Gold and Rose Gold Metal Mastercard now available for metal plan subscriptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anyone still waiting on the pride card?

Got mine today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Got my gay card yesterday.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

got 5 friends to sign up yesterday, all deposited a tenner and ordered a card, no notification that i got a free metal sub.

Got on to support, and they said that the 5 people i got to sign up, didn't actually order a card.....argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

eeloe wrote: »
    got 5 friends to sign up yesterday, all deposited a tenner and ordered a card, no notification that i got a free metal sub.

Got on to support, and they said that the 5 people i got to sign up, didn't actually order a card.....argh!

Probably don't want to pay for one. After a couple of weeks they should be offered a free physical card.

no i sent them a referral code for free cards

annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

eeloe wrote: »
    no i sent them a referral code for free cards

annoying

Different promotions I think? There is a promotion on at the moment for friends to get free cards and then there’ll probably be another in a couple of weeks to get five friends to sign up (and I think pay for their card) and you get a metal one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

sent request to wife for a free card, she can't get past the address part, getting error message, anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sent request to wife for a free card, she can't get past the address part, getting error message, anyone any ideas?

Usually it will say what the error is, like post code for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Davy wrote: »
    Usually it will say what the error is, like post code for example.

It's usually the postcode. Make sure it has a space not a hyphen

Collie D wrote: »
    Different promotions I think? There is a promotion on at the moment for friends to get free cards and then there’ll probably be another in a couple of weeks to get five friends to sign up (and I think pay for their card) and you get a metal one.

Well that was a bit of a waste of harassing 5 people to sign up. The effort put in to get them to sign up, and it’s free.

I can’t imagine the hassle of trying to get the 5 of them to pay!!!

I watched the 5 people sign up, and order cards, customer service is saying the 5 of them didn’t order cards anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭quokula

Is revolut having issues for anyone else? The app crashes on start up for me. I tried deleting it and reinstalling and that didn’t help. Was fine yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

quokula wrote: »
    Is revolut having issues for anyone else? The app crashes on start up for me. I tried deleting it and reinstalling and that didn’t help. Was fine yesterday.

Working fine for me here on Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

quokula wrote: »

Works fine both on ios and Android for me.

Well to my surprise I just got the welcome to metal email.

Can’t see the gold or rose gold cards to order tho! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Hopefully this isn't something that comes up all the time (I did use the search function but it's boards, so...) .

Someone was to transfer some funds to me today. Unknown to me, they did it by Revolut but I do not have an account.

Apparently there was an option in their Revolut app to pay anyone in their contact list ...they scrolled down to my name, transferred the money and they didn't realise til too late that I wasn't on Revolut.

What will happen now? I have received no notifications etc.

I'm quite surprised that it's even possible unless both parties have an account tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

JayRoc wrote: »
    Hopefully this isn't something that comes up all the time (I did use the search function but it's boards, so...) .

Someone was to transfer some funds to me today. Unknown to me, they did it by Revolut but I do not have an account.

Apparently there was an option in their Revolut app to pay anyone in their contact list ...they scrolled down to my name, transferred the money and they didn't realise til too late that I wasn't on Revolut.

What will happen now? I have received no notifications etc.

I'm quite surprised that it's even possible unless both parties have an account tbh

Get them to contact support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I've just looked at my wife's Revolut app on her phone and it definitely seems to have the option to transfer funds to contacts who clearly don't have a Revolut account. Seems odd alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

IIRC the sender should be able to send you a link where you can enter your account details, should revert in 24 hours if you don't claim it.

Edit: https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/sending-money/sending-money-to-a-bank-account/what-if-i-don-t-know-the-account-details/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

TheChizler wrote: »
    IIRC the sender should be able to send you a link where you can enter your account details, should revert in 24 hours if you don't claim it.

Edit: https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/sending-money/sending-money-to-a-bank-account/what-if-i-don-t-know-the-account-details/

I've just been fiddling with it out of curiosity. You create a payment link in the app and send it to the contact. Not sure what exactly the recipient has to do. As above, it expires in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Paid for a subscription service online using revolut via paypal and it went through on saturday but havent seen it go through on my revolut account yet...bit slow no?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

JayRoc wrote: »
    Someone was to transfer some funds to me today. Unknown to me, they did it by Revolut but I do not have an account....
    I have received no notifications etc.

Do you know if they sent it to your email address or phone number? Either way if the sender completed the operation fully in their revolut app you should have received either an email or sms with a link (or the sender could have shared the link via another method (whatsapp for example), OR they may not have sent you the email/sms by not actually sharing the link with you - ie they created the link to send you the money but forgot to actually send the link toy you - in which case they can "resend" the link from the app.

Either way if they did successfully send you the payment link you should have received an email or sms or whatsapp message with a link something like:-

http:/rev/money/xxxxxxxxxx

When you click on this link you have two options:
    1. Get money via Revolut (you will be prompted to download app and set up a new revolut account)
    2. Get money via Bank Transfer (you need to supply name, email address and bank details and your bank will receive te money in 1 - 5 days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

I got a message today through the chat feature on the card asking if I was related to Frances Black?! (I'm not btw :pac:)

bungaro79 wrote: »
    I got a message today through the chat feature on the card asking if I was related to Frances Black?! (I'm not btw :pac:)

I got this about a politician (from the same county but not in my electoral area) who I share a surname with. I’m not related to them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Are they trying to figure out if you’re politically exposed people?

• Advertisement

I assume they are, what impact does it have if you are. Surely it shouldnt matter as a Revolut used who you are related to or if you are a politician or famous person yourself even.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement