Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

granty1892 wrote: »
    apologies if this has been asked already but going to Bulgaria in two weeks would it be cheaper to withdraw money from my revolut over there for cash every day or would it be cheaper to bring cash and go to the local currency exchange. As its in Sterling im totally confused as i fell for the trap of withdrawing cash over here

Wouldn't be that much in the difference financially as the Lev is pegged to the euro (€1 = 1.95 LV) so the rate doesn't change but you're restricted to withdrawing €200 a month with Revolut before charges kick in. Beware local currency exchange centres if your going to a touristy place. Always check the rate and your notes before leaving.

Revolut is accepted in a lot of places but you'll definitely need cash as many businesses don't do cards, especially smaller ones. I'll be over there at the same time actually. I go over a lot (OH is Bulgarian) and use Revolut and Curve together so I can withdraw €400 a month from ATMs without incurring fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

jakdublin wrote: »
    Wouldn't be that much in the difference financially as the Lev is pegged to the euro (€1 = 1.95 LV) so the rate doesn't change but you're restricted to withdrawing €200 a month with Revolut before charges kick in. Beware local currency exchange centres if your going to a touristy place. Always check the rate and your notes before leaving.

Revolut is accepted in a lot of places but you'll definitely need cash as many businesses don't do cards, especially smaller ones. I'll be over there at the same time actually. I go over a lot (OH is Bulgarian) and use Revolut and Curve together so I can withdraw €400 a month from ATMs without incurring fees.

i love the place :), you'll have to dm me some recommendations of were to get money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Was paying a Tidal music fee from my card .
    Eventually canceled tidal, but from time to time they make requests for money.
    This fails due to insufficient funds.
    Is there a way to stop this request permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

Maybe I’m late to the party, but since when did N26 do Metal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi, just a question about Revolut and Motor Tax renewal.

I’ve been using Revolut for the past few months and generally happy with it, apart from the few times that certain companies didn’t accept it.

I’d like to pay my motor tax with it but just want to ask beforehand if the Motor Tax accepts it (it will be the once off 12 month payment) - does anyone know?
    I don’t want to chance it because a few weeks ago I paid a massive sum of money to my Littlewoods account only for the payment to be rejected and the money wasn’t returned to my Revolut account for several days. I don’t want this to happen again.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Worked for me last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

FTT2004 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m late to the party, but since when did N26 do Metal?

In Germany since a long time, and in Ireland for about 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I’ve been using Revolut for the past few months and generally happy with it, apart from the few times that certain companies didn’t accept it.

I’d like to pay my motor tax with it but just want to ask beforehand if the Motor Tax accepts it (it will be the once off 12 month payment) - does anyone know?
    I don’t want to chance it because a few weeks ago I paid a massive sum of money to my Littlewoods account only for the payment to be rejected and the money wasn’t returned to my Revolut account for several days. I don’t want this to happen again.
    Thanks

All they want is your money so no issues there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Quackster wrote: »
    Bus Éireann website has the same restriction. Cos obviously Bus Éireann is only for Irish residents too. :rolleyes:

No. Bus Eireann (or CIE as a whole) doesn't give a darn about customers. Nevermind tourists. They also stated, that nobody wanted wifi on the trains (on public radio) and a few weeks later both Gobus and CityLink plus a lot of Dublin Taxis started having wifi.

Go figure.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks

Never tried the motor tax with it myself but find it alittle annoying when this instance happens, Also when you go to a self service station with revolut it doesn't work so gotta have a back up card like n26 handy for that.

Have a look at this link as it might answer some of your questions about pre-attorization at petrol stations and may be the same for the motor tax payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

Anyone else had duplicated charges for a top up again this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

testtech05 wrote: »
    Anyone else had duplicated charges for a top up again this week?

Topped up on Monday, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

I did a quick search of this thread and didn't find a similar issue.

I am trying to verify my account, I have a Public Service Card which I have tried to use under the National Identity Card.
    It takes the picture (card and selfie) but comes back saying unfortunately they cannot verify.

I have a paper Irish driving licence and they don't seem to accept this.
    I also tried my Guarda age card and this again wasn't recognised
    For the licence and age card it wouldn't even let me take a selfie, it just rejected it.

Anyone know what I need to use to verify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Rmulvany wrote: »
    I did a quick search of this thread and didn't find a similar issue.

I am trying to verify my account, I have a Public Service Card which I have tried to use under the National Identity Card.
    It takes the picture (card and selfie) but comes back saying unfortunately they cannot verify.

I have a paper Irish driving licence and they don't seem to accept this.
    I also tried my Guarda age card and this again wasn't recognised
    For the licence and age card it wouldn't even let me take a selfie, it just rejected it.

Anyone know what I need to use to verify?

Passport is your only option if you are an Irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

Cheers, I only had the above options on hand at work. I'll try the passport when I get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

I get the nag screen about the driving licence every time I login

How long before they enforce it , I don't have a passport.I'm with them about a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Revolut now offering a Gold metal card for those interested in getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Yes, passport seems to be the only option now. They used to accept irish driving licenses but since they implemented 'no deal' brexit contingency plans they only accept Irish passports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

fqollere wrote: »
    I get the nag screen about the driving licence every time I login

How long before they enforce it , I don't have a passport.I'm with them about a year.

I'm the exact same. They did say at the time that it was a contingency in case there was a hard Brexit. By the look of it there will end up being a hard Brexit in a few months and we wont be able to use Revolut with supplying them with the passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

is revolut app only?

is it simple to buy and send crypto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fqollere wrote: »
    is revolut app only?

is it simple to buy and send crypto?

App and Card.

Buy? Yes.
    Send? Don't know, never tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi folks just enquiring is the lock card security feature gone in the latest update?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hi folks just enquiring is the lock card security feature gone in the latest update?

Still there

Dashboard -> cards -> select the card you want and freeze the card / security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭VG31

5star02707 wrote: »
    Revolut now offering a Gold metal card for those interested in getting them

I have a metal subscription (expiring soon) and I managed to order one of these for free. I thought you could only have one metal card?

VG31 wrote: »
    I have a metal subscription (expiring soon) and I managed to order one of these for free. I thought you could only have one metal card?

once you're on a metal subscription you can have at least 3 metal cards

once you're on a metal subscription you can have at least 3 metal cards

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/getting-a-card/getting-a-spare-card/

"Due to the craftsmanship that goes into producing our Metal cards, it’s only possible to have one active Metal card at a time."

Does this mean you can order multiple cards but only one will work at a time? I thought it meant you could only order one without cancelling your old card? My black metal card is still active.

VG31 wrote: »
    https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/getting-a-card/getting-a-spare-card/

"Due to the craftsmanship that goes into producing our Metal cards, it’s only possible to have one active Metal card at a time."

Does this mean you can order multiple cards but only one will work at a time? I thought it meant you could only order one without cancelling your old card? My black metal card is still active.

It will still work as far as I know, your 2nd one (gold) will still work along with the black one u have now.

Contact them and ask as I'm pretty sure my mate has 2 working metal cards

It will still work as far as I know, your 2nd one (gold) will still work along with the black one u have now.

Contact them and ask as I'm pretty sure my mate has 2 working metal cards

It looks like that is the case now. I tried to order a third metal card just to see if it would work, and it said you could only have two metal cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Still there

Dashboard -> cards -> select the card you want and freeze the card / security

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So got my card, now have to load it, this will work in Canada and the states right? Anything I need to do beforehand?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement