Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just having a pain in the hoop trying to sign up with them. Problem with verifying my identity. Passport, residency permit and drivers license all accepted on their app and clearly legible.
    Now cant close the account since there are funds in it which you cant transfer out without verifying account.
    Cant use their in-app chat function as you need to verify your identity for that too.
    Only option left is to chat via facebook to get it closed.

Agent refusing requests to delete copies of above mentioned personal information, even though they are not able to use the information for its intended purpose.

They dont make it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I used to be able to see ‘live’ currency exchange rates on app.

Has that disappeared from iPhone app?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Peppa Cig wrote: »

Thanks

It's gone from Android too. Have to start an exchange to see the rates now, which is a pain. Being able to see them 'live' was very handy. Sterling is just over 91p now. Anybody thinking of stacking up? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Gooser14

It's still there. You will find it under "Details" in the relevant account.

You can also get to it by selecting Dashboard then Accounts then selecting an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Gooser14 wrote: »
    It's still there. You will find it under "Details" in the relevant account.

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Thanks

On android I see them under watchlist in the dashboard section. I see EUR to GBP and USD. Not sure if you need to set up something to see it here.

jakdublin wrote: »

Thanks

It's gone from Android too. Have to start an exchange to see the rates now, which is a pain. Being able to see them 'live' was very handy. Sterling is just over 91p now. Anybody thinking of stacking up? :D

Wait till it goes to 95p ;)

Thanks

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

You can say that again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

So few weeks ago I bought crypto on my account. Have just noticed now that my transactions have been taken out of my crypto wallet as that is the only wallet with a balance on it. My mistake I should have made sure there was euros in the account.

Am I right in saying that If I deactivate the crypto wallet that wallet is now locked and can’t be used.

Was thinking of buying sterling for when I head over at Xmas seeing as the rate is very good atm but I’m afraid that the same will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Commission free Stock trading now available for Metal Users
    https://blog.revolut.com/trading-revolut/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Great feature (albeit limited ) - I might be tempted to sign up to try it out.

I don't want to be a snob (but I am going to be) - this feels a little like: https://business.financialpost.com/technology/blockchain/when-your-cab-driver-starts-talking-about-bitcoin-its-time-to-sell

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

adam88 wrote: »
    So few weeks ago I bought crypto on my account. Have just noticed now that my transactions have been taken out of my crypto wallet as that is the only wallet with a balance on it. ..

Am I right in saying that If I deactivate the crypto wallet that wallet is now locked and can’t be used.

I have moved my crypto to a vault to prevent this exact scenario happening. Seems to work well.

I've also deactivated the crypto account in order to tidy up my main wallet screen (I'm not interested in seeing the zero balance crypto wallet while I patiently wait for ripple to rise above what I paid for it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anyone know how to cancel an auto-exchange. I set one up but want to cancel it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to cancel an auto-exchange. I set one up but want to cancel it now.

Dashboard > Watchlist > Show more > Actions > Delete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dashboards >>watchlist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I'm getting my metal cash-back in bitcoin. Haven't had a look at it for a few weeks.

Cashed out again today .. came to 50 quid with bitcoin having gone up in recent days.

Not bad at all.

/M

I signed up to Metal yesterday to try it out. It's fine - fractional shares are available which I never used before.

The brokering services are offered by a third party called DriveWeath.

https://storage.googleapis.com/revolut-dev-apps_stock-logo/documents/termsofbusiness.html

After most recent update, all my stored debit cards have disappeared and only top up option it's giving me is via Google pay or hand to add cards again. Anyone else got this?!

• Advertisement

Never mind, a couple of app restarts and it's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Still never received the Rainbow card. Contacted Support and all they could offer is another Standard card with Standard card. Didn't see the point so just reported the Rainbow card as lost. Anybody else still waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

bromley52 wrote: »
    Revolut Mastercard also works on Fitbit Pay.
    I got the revolut Visa card (free) but this doesn’t work with Fitbit pay, it has to be a MasterCard. I can take the premium option for €8.00 per month to go MasterCard but that is excessive for what originally was free. Any way around this?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

I got the revolut Visa card (free) but this doesn’t work with Fitbit pay, it has to be a MasterCard. I can take the premium option for €8.00 per month to go MasterCard but that is excessive for what originally was free. Any way around this? Cheers

Try getting a free virtual card which will be a mastercard and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Try getting a free virtual card which will be a mastercard and use that

My virtual card is a Visa (4596 54xx ...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

The virtual card is Visa only as far as I can make out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Have you tried adding a new one ? I added one last week and it's a mastercard. I've a standard account but UK address, maybe that's the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CelticSeaShip

I signed up for a revolut a few weeks ago. It's a visa card. I got the card. Account is topped up. I can use in atms abroad on holiday? Going to Europe and Russia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I signed up for a revolut a few weeks ago. It's a visa card. I got the card. Account is topped up. I can use in atms abroad on holiday? Going to Europe and Russia

Yes just one thing to note, you may well be charged the local equivalent of stamp duty for every ATM transaction. Most regular banks charge a one off fixed fee to your current account, but Revolut bill it on every ATM transaction.

You won’t get charged for using it to pay directly.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yes just one thing to note, you may well be charged the local equivalent of stamp duty for every ATM transaction. Most regular banks charge a one off fixed fee to your current account, but Revolut bill it on every ATM transaction.

You won’t get charged for using it to pay directly.

Contactless is very well supported in Russia (Moscow and st Petersburg), and Apple Pay + Google Pay - far easier to deal with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement