Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Saw that. Nice incentive. No mention of any limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Hey I’m going on holiday to USA. Just wondering which is better to get revoult or N26?

What is the differences between them?
    Before when on holidays in USA my card got scammed - luckily I didn’t get charged anything for this or no money was taken from my account, as it was my master card that got scammed and not a debit card. It was just the hassle of getting it sorted.

But I would like the card I get for this trip to be covered for that also. What would be my best option?
    Thanks😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Collie D wrote: »
    Saw that. Nice incentive. No mention of any limits.

When you tap into it there's space for 3 invitees by the looks of it

Anyone wants a referall PM me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Only three, cool well there'll be plenty to go around so. I got the same email as ye got too, so with the referral a "friend" gets a free card and also €10 added to their account, and I get €10 too, that's not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Had my first heartstopper moment with Revolut today. Well, not me directly but my OH. She was making her first withdrawal while abroad (Bulgaria) and the ATM went through the motions but didn't spit out any cash. However, the Revolut app showed the withdrawal had taken place and the money was gone. She went into the bank and it turns out the ATM was broken.
    The manager was very helpful and confirmed that their records showed the machine hadn't dispensed the money but said as it was a foreign card, we'd have to wait about 24-hours for the money to be reverted back. We're not in a tourist area so if a local used the ATM with a Bulgarian card they just wouldn't get the money. That's why they didn't bother putting up a notice on the ATM!!
    Got onto a live agent in Revolut but by the time they got on the money was indeed returned. All sorted in about an hour. Just bad luck that her first withdrawal was at a dodgy ATM. I'd withdrawn money from another ATM in the town yesterday with no problems and also used my Curve to exceed the €200 a month limit, again with no issues. We both converted Euros into Bulgarian Lev before withdrawing and the ATMs recognised that so we weren't asked about converting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I noticed that the business account lets you access your account on a pc. Would be very handy to have it for personal accounts, if you lost your phone. N26 have it and you can freeze cards, order new card etc. online instead of having to use the app.

https://www.revolut.com/business-accounts-made-easy?promo=mkt_retailcross

Wheety wrote: »
    I noticed that the business account lets you access your account on a pc. Would be very handy to have it for personal accounts, if you lost your phone. N26 have it and you can freeze cards, order new card etc. online instead of having to use the app.

https://www.revolut.com/business-accounts-made-easy?promo=mkt_retailcross

See they're offering free business accounts now. Well, free to start one. Doesn't say when fees kick in but I assume they do at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

jakdublin wrote: »
    See they're offering free business accounts now. Well, free to start one. Doesn't say when fees kick in but I assume they do at some point.

When you add more users, or want bulk uploads of payments etc.

I'm testing it at the moment - it's a step back in features for sure. No notifications popping up for example. I think they need a few more sprints to get it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Currently in States and Canada and finding the card v hit and miss.

Been declined in lots of machines and shops and no problems in others but can't seem to rely on it
    I have some dollars and Canadian dollars converted on my account as well as some euro
    So do I need to have my euro converted to the currency im using before using my card?
    I thought the card did this regardless of whether I'd converted or not
    Does this make sense?
    Ant help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

youngblood wrote: »
    Currently in States and Canada and finding the card v hit and miss.

Been declined in lots of machines and shops and no problems in others but can't seem to rely on it
    I have some dollars and Canadian dollars converted on my account as well as some euro
    So do I need to have my euro converted to the currency im using before using my card?
    I thought the card did this regardless of whether I'd converted or not
    Does this make sense?
    Ant help appreciated

It'll convert euro to USD or CAD itself but you need to have sufficient funds post conversion in either your euro or USD/CAD accounts. You cannot mix funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Prepaid cards won't work on offline terminals so most vending machine and gas station pay at pump will decline it unfortunately. The other thing is turn location services off in settings, it cam cause failure if the card and your phone GPS don't tally up due to a poor. Signal. You can always turn it back on in between transactions for extra security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

In their email they also mention that the business account provides international IBANs.

Does this mean that you get an IBAN for each country in the Eurozone with the business account as opposed to just one IBAN covering all the Eurozone with the regular account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi lads... I have euro and GBP on my card and made a payment in USD yesterday. I am in ROI. The payment came out of my GBP instead of Euro and there was enough Euro to cover it and more.

Anyone else see this happen to them?

Supposedly they look to currency of transaction first, so if I had USD then it would pay from there... if not it looks to your home currency Euro... but it did not do this for me.

I have the free card.. assume the above rules apply to the free card?

Is the only way of contacting them to query it via that +44 number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

If anyone wants a referral, send me a PM. Use your card and we both get 10 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi lads... I have euro and GBP on my card and made a payment in USD yesterday. I am in ROI. The payment came out of my GBP instead of Euro and there was enough Euro to cover it and more.

Anyone else see this happen to them?

Supposedly they look to currency of transaction first, so if I had USD then it would pay from there... if not it looks to your home currency Euro... but it did not do this for me.

I have the free card.. assume the above rules apply to the free card?

Is the only way of contacting them to query it via that +44 number?

You can contact an agent via in app chat. Make sure to type talk to agent to be put through to one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have money in Euro Revolut account and got 1 virtual card and 1 physical card today in post.
    Wondering how do I know which card (virtual vs physical) has the money to spend?

Also, is it mandatory to withdraw cash from ATM using new physical card that I got today, in order to activate it?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Money is on the account not the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I have money in Euro Revolut account and got 1 virtual card and 1 physical card today in post.
    Wondering how do I know which card (virtual vs physical) has the money to spend?

Also, is it mandatory to withdraw cash from ATM using new physical card that I got today, in order to activate it?

Thank you

No need to withdraw, you just need to put it in an ATM, enter your pin when asked then u can just press cancel on the pin pad or click a mini statement.

Also like the previous poster, both the cards are linked with your account (whatever amount you have in there)

Many thanks
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Money is on the account not the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Looking for help trying to register with Revolut . Gone through all the stages happy enough, except the verification part. It keeps telling me it can only accept Government issued ID. I’ve used my PPS card and my driving licence. Any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Looking for help trying to register with Revolut . Gone through all the stages happy enough, except the verification part. It keeps telling me it can only accept Government issued ID. I’ve used my PPS card and my driving licence. Any help appreciated
    Only passport is accepted in Ireland as far as I know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Passport only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭markc1184

This may be a silly question, but if I load my Revolut account and put money into a GBP account and also a USD account if I withdraw or use the card in either of those countries will it automatically be takrn from the relevant account or is there anything I need to do beforehand?

markc1184 wrote: »
    This may be a silly question, but if I load my Revolut account and put money into a GBP account and also a USD account if I withdraw or use the card in either of those countries will it automatically be takrn from the relevant account or is there anything I need to do beforehand?

It'll be automatically taken from the relevant account as long as you have enough funds. No need to do anything beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It'll be automatically taken from the relevant account as long as you have enough funds. No need to do anything beforehand.

But remember you need to have enough funds in one currency wallet to cover.

You can't have 100€ and 100$ and attempt to spend 150$, that won't work.

You either need to have 150$ or what ever that amounts to in € for it to work.

To make it easier, like others advised me. I now have only EUR account. Will keep it simple.
    But remember you need to have enough funds in one currency wallet to cover.

You can't have 100€ and 100$ and attempt to spend 150$, that won't work.

You either need to have 150$ or what ever that amounts to in € for it to work.

A question regarding receiving funds from Saudi Arab:

I am expecting to receive 200 euros from family in Saudi.
    Last time they sent 100 euros and ticked the box that they bear all the charges. However, still AIB deducted 7 euros once I got the money in my bank.

Can I avoid this 7 euros charge if I provide Revolut account details and then transfer from Revolut to my AIB?
    And is there a max limit to receive funds from abroad? I have a standard Revolut account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Prepaid cards won't work on offline terminals so most vending machine and gas station pay at pump will decline it unfortunately. The other thing is turn location services off in settings, it cam cause failure if the card and your phone GPS don't tally up due to a poor. Signal. You can always turn it back on in between transactions for extra security.

Might try the location services thing and see if that makes the card work a little better, very frustrating when you have enough funds on the card and it won't pay through or gets declined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Notmything

Hope this is the right place to ask.

Signed up to revolut and added a tenner as per the referrals. That was the easy bit.
    However, when it cam to verifying myself I don't have any of the types they ask for. No passport only a driver's licence. Their support says they only accept passport or national id.

Now I've a tenner stuck in an account I can't access, can't withdraw/transfer it as I'm not verified. Has anyone had this issue or found a way to get around it

Their support just keeps telling me I need a passport

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Notmything wrote: »
    found a way to get around it

Their support just keeps telling me I need a passport

Get a passport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement