Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hi!

Has anyone experienced fraudulent transactions on their revolut account for Amazon?

Last Friday 2 fraudulent transactions were made with my card. Both transactions were for £7.99. I hadn't been on Amazon in weeks and I rarely make online purchases.

I cancelled the old card, ordered a new one and it arrived yesterday. Today I activated it and made 5 purchases, 4 in-store in 3 different stores and one to Amazon only a few minutes before another fraudulent transaction was made for £7.99. new card cancelled.

The fraudulent transactions are not showing up on my Amazon account and it's not prime as I'm on my husband's prime.

Has anyone had any experience similar to this?

I was going to contact revolut through their chat, but they have high traffic volumes at the moment so it will be Sunday or Monday before I can take it further that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Amazon Music is 7.99 a month. Is there a chance that you or someone in your home signed up for a free trial a while back and the full charge is now kicking in?

Other than that, I'd suggest contacting Amazon via webchat to see if they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Amazon Music is 7.99 a month. Is there a chance that you or someone in your home signed up for a free trial a while back and the full charge is now kicking in?

Other than that, I'd suggest contacting Amazon via webchat to see if they can help.

This is what I'm thinking. Audible could be that price too?

Look in your subscriptions as well as your orders.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Audible is also £7.99 as well I think. A lot of people signed up in July for the voucher and may have forgot to cancel.

Wheety beat me to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Probably been asked before but , the €200 atm monthly transactions (before fee kicks in) is that per calendar month or a month since u made the first one. For instance if i took 200 out on 31st can i take another 200 on the 1st fee free.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    This is what I'm thinking. Audible could be that price too?

Look in your subscriptions as well as your orders.

Since 2 x 7.99 went through on the poster's old card it could even have been both Audible and Music?

AFAIK, you can cancel these free trials immediately and retain the benefits for the whole month. I just set reminders and often get offered an extension when cancellation time comes round :)

Revolut is great for keeping an eye on this kind of thing - sometimes if you get on to Amazon right away after noticing the charge they will reverse it for you, I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Probably been asked before but , the €200 atm monthly transactions (before fee kicks in) is that per calendar month or a month since u made the first one. For instance if i took 200 out on 31st can i take another 200 on the 1st fee free.

Yeah. I've done that before when abroad. I didn't get any fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sorry if this has been asked, but anyone else experienced issues with the €10 deal on the new card side? Herself signed up and I got my tenner, she used the card on contactless but hasnt got hers yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

CHealy wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked, but anyone else experienced issues with the €10 deal on the new card side? Herself signed up and I got my tenner, she used the card on contactless but hasnt got hers yet.

She has to make a transaction for it to be applied so suggest you send her a euro and spends it on something.

She has to make a transaction for it to be applied so suggest you send her a euro and spends it on something.

She did, she used the contactless to buy something on Saturday. Guy in work is now saying the same he used the card but hasnt got his tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

This morning used google pay contactly as usual, the lady at till said the machine had requested for the card to be inserted. Which i didnt have.

Is this a random security check / feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not sure but I've definitely been getting more requests to enter PIN after tapping revolut card over the last 2 weeks - seems like something has changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

How did she get the funds into her account?

If this is the direct promotion from Revolut she needs to load money via bank transfer or card payment. You sending her money does not count.

How did she get the funds into her account?

If this is the direct promotion from Revolut she needs to load money via bank transfer or card payment. You sending her money does not count.

She transferred money in from her own bank account, I havnt sent her anything. The deal states that if I sign someone up, I'll get a tenner once they are verified (this is correct and happened), and they'll get a tenner once they use their physical card for the first time (she has used her card but not received the tenner). Its not a big deal at all just wondering if anyone else has this problem or am I forgetting to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

She transferred money in from her own bank account, I havnt sent her anything. The deal states that if I sign someone up, I'll get a tenner once they are verified (this is correct and happened), and they'll get a tenner once they use their physical card for the first time (she has used her card but not received the tenner). Its not a big deal at all just wondering if anyone else has this problem or am I forgetting to do something.

might be a chip and pin transaction rather than contactless or online?

gwalk wrote: »
    might be a chip and pin transaction rather than contactless or online?

Ya didnt even think of it, will try that cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Might just be that the purchase was done over the weekend, might take a couple of days for the money to appear on her balance.

Might just be that the purchase was done over the weekend, might take a couple of days for the money to appear on her balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

gerard2210 wrote:

gerard2210 wrote:

gerard2210 wrote:

Maybe the purchase was done over the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I ordered something off amazon uk with my revolut card and they haven't taken payment yet. It was juat 27.63 in sterling, I have more than enough, just two books and some compression socks. Is it normal to wait for payment to be taken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

_Godot_ wrote:
    I ordered something off amazon uk with my revolut card and they haven't taken payment yet. It was juat 27.63 in sterling, I have more than enough, just two books and some compression socks. Is it normal to wait for payment to be taken?

Funnily enough, I too am waiting for Amazon to take payment for something purchased yesterday.

It can take a while for them to bill sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭listermint

_Godot_ wrote: »

Did they ship it? If not chill because billing doesn't happen till then.

_Godot_ wrote: »

They take the money when the item is dispatched - you can check the order status on Amazon to see if that's the case.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, it all happens when they actually send it out. I ordered a drill earlier on today and just got the notification for dispatch and the Revolut notification. Meant to be the standard 2 day delivery, but now they are saying it will be here tomorrow. Next day from Amazon, that'll be a first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For those who don't want to visit the Irish mirror, here the headline:

Irish Revolut customer stunned after €197 million appears in his app 'vault' balance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

For those who don't want to visit the Irish mirror, here the headline:

Irish Revolut customer stunned after €197 million appears in his app 'vault' balance

RTE even reported that in the 9pm news. Obviously just as important as Brexit and farmers blocking meat factories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nice coverage all the same for Revolut. The more that use it the more convenient it becomes for everyone.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    They take the money when the item is dispatched - you can check the order status on Amazon to see if that's the case.

I used Revolut through curve for my last amazon purchase (as I have 1% cash back with curve) and it took the money immediately. Not sure if that is the case always but if it is it’s a handy way to get around the annoyance of the delayed billing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement