Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

does anyone know if the 6k daily spend limit has been lifted from the cards? all I can find online is 2017/2018 posts on their forum when it was still active.

the helpdesk just gave me details about the daily atm limit.

buying a car in the UK next week and would like to pay the full amount from the revolut card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

copeyhagen wrote: »
    does anyone know if the 6k daily spend limit has been lifted from the cards? all I can find online is 2017/2018 posts on their forum when it was still active.

the helpdesk just gave me details about the daily atm limit.

buying a car in the UK next week and would like to pay the full amount from the revolut card.

you could transfer directly to the dealers bank account from the app? usually done in minutes as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

gwalk wrote: »
    you could transfer directly to the dealers bank account from the app? usually done in minutes as well

no limit on that? that would work. cars £13k

might be buying a tesla model s over there in next few weeks, that's closer to £40k, would that option work for that also?!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no limit on that? that would work. cars £13k

might be buying a tesla model s over there in next few weeks, that's closer to £40k, would that option work for that also?!

i think the limit on transfers is something like 70k

if you ahve a standard revolut they may charge you for the conversion to sterling over 6k but you'll still save more than if you did it from an irish bank

• Site Banned Posts: 43 Mangofrozo

I'm also having trouble with the €10 deal. Paid for two items today in shops using google pay but still didn't get the €10.

• Advertisement

So you paid with a third party payment method linked to your account and not physically with your revolut card 🀔

So you paid with a third party payment method linked to your account and not physically with your revolut card 🀔

Yea does it need to be physically?

Mangofrozo wrote: »
    Yea does it need to be physically?

yeah i think so, chip and pin transaction

yeah i think so, chip and pin transaction

Paid with Chip and Pin this morning and still nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can anyone confirm if KBC credit card charge a cash advance fee for topping up Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

I have a physical (as opposed to virtual) mastercard Revolut card which is due to expire at the end of next month.

When the replacement card is reissued am I right in saying that it will be a Visa card that is issued?
    Based on what I have read here that seems to be the case (I can't find he exact post I read this in a while back)

The only reason I ask is that I booked and paid for some eTickets (to the Rugby World Cup as it happens) using the card as I got into a prioriy category since Mastercard are one of the tournament sponsors) and I think I have to use the original payment card to verify that i am the original purchaser and maybe even have the card on hand when i present the tickets at the game (to prove identity although i am not sure about this point)

Might be tricky to do this if the card is expired and has been replaced with a Visa card which has a different number.

Can anyone confirm that it will be a Visa card that will be issued and no option to get another Mastercard instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

arrowman wrote: »
    Might be tricky to do this if the card is expired and has been replaced with a Visa card which has a different number.

Can anyone confirm that it will be a Visa card that will be issued and no option to get another Mastercard instead
    Have you thrown away the old card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

Will they post a new one to me in the US. Lost it after a week here FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Wheety wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if KBC credit card charge a cash advance fee for topping up Revolut?

They don't for me, do it all the time through Google pay but have done it directly a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes they post it anywhere.

Good to know. Do they not ask for proof of address? I thought you had to tell them if you're moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

TheChizler wrote: »
    Have you thrown away the old card?

No Chizler I haven't. That's an obvious solution - just take the old card with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Probably asked before but does Samsung pay work with revolut?
    Specifically with the watch or at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Probably asked before but does Samsung pay work with revolut?
    Specifically with the watch or at all?
    Does Samsung Pay work at all? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Arkadin

Hi.

I may no longer have access to the Gmail address that's linked to my Revolut account. I've contacted Google to recover it but for all sorts of reasons, that I won't bore you with now, I may not be able to.

Has anyone been in this position before and how did you untangle it?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Curious if anyone has set up their US account(BIC/IBAN) on E*Trade?
    Have my Irish bank details registered, thought I'd ask before I make any withdrawals.

Purely to avoid using their US$ to € conversion.

Bit of a long shot, but hoping someone has any experience of same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I do it that way pretty often and they never have with me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Hi.

I may no longer have access to the Gmail address that's linked to my Revolut account. I've contacted Google to recover it but for all sorts of reasons, that I won't bore you with now, I may not be able to.

Thanks.

You can change your email in the App under "personal details"

Hi.

Thanks.

Is it your own Gmail account? Have you tried any of the recovery options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What are people's experiences of topping up with credit cards?

I have an avantcard credit card and decided I'd contact them to clarify. The agent on the phone warned I would incur a cash advance fee which I thought was fair enough. However in July I spent a weekend in Down and decided to top up using the credit card figuring it would still be cheaper than FX fees etc that the Avantcard credit card would inevitably bring. Looking at my July statement I see no cash advance fee, just a regular debit as if it was a normal purchase.

I'm traveling to Romania for three weeks this weekend and see that Lei is a supported currency on the Revolut, would I be pushing it by trying again?

I topped up with my CC too. Won't find out until Monday but people in here saying I more than likely won't be charged a cash advance fee.

It would be a great short term loan if I need cash or money in current account to cover mortgage or bills (I topped up Revolut with CC and then transferred it straight to current account with same bank as CC).

I tend to clear CC each month so shouldn't cost me anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

I topped up with my CC too. Won't find out until Monday but people in here saying I more than likely won't be charged a cash advance fee.

It would be a great short term loan if I need cash or money in current account to cover mortgage or bills (I topped up Revolut with CC and then transferred it straight to current account with same bank as CC).

I tend to clear CC each month so shouldn't cost me anything.

I have been topping up using Google Pay and my credit card for a few months now and have never been charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Avantcard has it in their terms and condition that these could be classified as cash advance like and hence occur fees and cash interest.

However the worst so far I have heated is a fraud alert being placed on the card by them with a call required to validate the top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

F1ngers wrote: »
    Curious if anyone has set up their US account(BIC/IBAN) on E*Trade?
    Have my Irish bank details registered, thought I'd ask before I make any withdrawals.

Purely to avoid using their US$ to € conversion.

Bit of a long shot, but hoping someone has any experience of same.

I use Transferwise US account details for ETrade. They give you a local US account/sort number and it's in your own name. It also arrives in TW account hours after it's sent from ETrade. Then it will arrive in your Irish account two days after you forward it on.

Revolut would be marginally cheaper but I'm skeptical of it when dealing with large €1000+ values - also I see they now seem to provide accounts in your own name, before you had to include a reference and hope it arrives (ETrade say the account has to be in your name hence the skepticism). I used to use CurrencyFair (trying to support an Irish company) but some fee of about €10 would always be deducted before it arrived in CF's Dublin based account. I contacted them and they couldn't explain where the fee was deducted. No such issues with Transferwise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I use Transferwise US account details for ETrade.

Thanks, will have a look at TW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

I always top up with my credit card. Classed as a POS online transaction so KBC give me back 1% of the value.... I transfer the cash to my current account put it into my savinga account fir 5p days then clear my credit card..... I get my cash back, interested earned on savings account and feels like I am beating the system!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement