Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I'm abroad. Last my cards and phone. Does anyone have a contact email so I can get my cards replaced.?

I'm abroad. Lost my cards and phone. Does anyone have a contact email so I can get my cards replaced.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

dercunx wrote: »
    I'm abroad. Lost my cards and phone. Does anyone have a contact email so I can get my cards replaced.?

can only find a number to call +44 20 3322 8352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Would it be worth contacting your main bank and stopping any payments going to Revolut? Just in case there's a scenario like what was mentioned a few pages ago here, when someone's account was plundered via their Revolut card.

• Administrators Posts: 53,993 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dardania wrote: »
    I wonder though as move to more and more transactions using card, will the higher volume make up the profit?

Not likely, credit cards are not used for every day transactions in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I'm only using my tablet now. No access to calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

My account has been blocked because they want me to verify my source of funds. I've submitted my pay slips and bank statements, and am waiting for the outcome. Does anyone know how long it usually takes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

dercunx wrote: »
    I'm only using my tablet now. No access to calls.

I think you will have to go somewhere asap and make those calls. Time is of the essence. It was reported a few weeks ago that someone lost €1000s in the space of 45 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

I have a question about using Curve and Revolut in tandem

If I want to withdraw cash at an ATM there is a €200 limit for Revolut but there is also a €200 limit on Curve. Does this mean I have €400 of a limit (before fees) when I use my Revolut card thru Curve?

I'll be hoping to use it in Japan when i get there for the rugby.
    When I am withdrawing Yen I presume I always should select local currency to get the best rate? Hopefully the ATM over there will have a clear message showing what currency i am selecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

arrowman wrote: »
    I have a question about using Curve and Revolut in tandem

If I want to withdraw cash at an ATM there is a €200 limit for Revolut but there is also a €200 limit on Curve. Does this mean I have €400 of a limit (before fees) when I use my Revolut card thru Curve?

I'll be hoping to use it in Japan when i get there for the rugby.
    When I am withdrawing Yen I presume I always should select local currency to get the best rate? Hopefully the ATM over there will have a clear message showing what currency i am selecting

200 on revolut
    200 on curve using your revolut (dont withdraw 400 on curve as you will get fees)

Always request local currency

Atm should have English option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

gwalk wrote: »
    200 on revolut
    200 on curve using your revolut (dont withdraw 400 on curve as you will get fees)

Always request local currency

Atm should have English option

Cheers gwalk.

I might set the wife up with a curve card also - she already has a Revolut one. So that will be €800 of ATM withdrawals fee free

One final question - the monthly limit, does that apply per calendar month? In other words does it reset to zero on say 31st October or will it hold for 30 days after the last actual transaction?
    I know I could find this somewhere in the T&C's but if anyone knows it offhand it will save me reading those :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Anyone else experiencing latest app being incompatible with device? I had to roll back to previous apk which works fine for now,phone is unrooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Calendar month. If you go into settings and click on your price plan, it'll show you limits and current usage.

Seems that it's a rolling month, so depends on when you signed up.

arrowman wrote: »
    Cheers gwalk.

I might set the wife up with a curve card also - she already has a Revolut one. So that will be €800 of ATM withdrawals fee free

One final question - the monthly limit, does that apply per calendar month? In other words does it reset to zero on say 31st October or will it hold for 30 days after the last actual transaction?
    I know I could find this somewhere in the T&C's but if anyone knows it offhand it will save me reading those :p

Calendar month, so if you're going before October it will reset over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, going to Switzerland in a few days. I assume Revolut (Visa) is all good over there? Would it make any difference to set up a CHF account? I'll be there over the weekend too. Or not much advantage you reckon? (Of course, will be withdrawing fee-free €200 at the ATM for cash)

Wheety wrote: »
    Calendar month. If you go into settings and click on your price plan, it'll show you limits and current usage.
    Calendar month, so if you're going before October it will reset over there

It’s not calendar month it goes by when you sign up. If you say signed up on the 10th of a month then your rolling month resets again on the 10th of the next month.

It’s not calendar month it goes by when you sign up. If you say signed up on the 10th of a month then your rolling month resets again on the 10th of the next month.

i must've sigend up on the 1st then as thats when mine resets

You're correct. I could have sworn mine resets at the start of every month but maybe I just signed up around then.

In the app it says 'rolling' month for ATM withdrawals.

If you signed up before 16th March 2017, you'll be calendar.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

camz09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, going to Switzerland in a few days. I assume Revolut (Visa) is all good over there? Would it make any difference to set up a CHF account? I'll be there over the weekend too. Or not much advantage you reckon? (Of course, will be withdrawing fee-free €200 at the ATM for cash)

I used mine over there last December. No problems encountered. I just left my balance in euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr.S wrote: »
    Totally fine, Visa accepted everywhere unless it’s a tiny shop or very small restaurant.

If you are going to be spending a large amount of money you may as well transfer to CHF during the week, but otherwise your not going to really notice it.

Got an account last Friday, went to the UK Saturday morning and changed what I put in to Sterling. Then linked my virtual card to Google Pay and was amazed at how well it all worked for transactions up to and including £30! Physical card is now in the post for next time when I want to pay for things higher than £30.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

madmoe wrote: »
    Got an account last Friday, went to the UK Saturday morning and changed what I put in to Sterling. Then linked my virtual card to Google Pay and was amazed at how well it all worked for transactions up to and including £30! Physical card is now in the post for next time when I want to pay for things higher than £30.

Cheers,
    M

Google Pay should work > £30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Cheers,
    M

There is no £30 limit on Google pay

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Mine is calendar month too. I'm 100% sure as I used it abroad at the end of one month and on the 1st of the next for two €200 withdrawals with no charges. It's possible I got mine on the 1st of a month.

Great to hear....so what is the limit guys? I tried to pay for a meal which was £81 and it would not work?

Many thanks,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Great to hear....so what is the limit guys? I tried to pay for a meal which was £81 and it would not work?

Many thanks,
    M

It shouldn't, some merchants are known to disable all contactless payments over 30.
    I'm pretty sure I read the limit is €5000

It shouldn't, some merchants are known to disable all contactless payments over 30.
    I'm pretty sure I read the limit is €5000

That's good to know and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Note that you may need to unlock your phone by pin/fingerprint to pay for transactions above the normal contactless limit. I sometimes get asked by google pay app to unlock phone for larger transactions.

Ie you may need to present your phone to the terminal a second time to complete the transaction after unlocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Isn’t it down to the merchant to set the limits of google/Apple Pay?

Maybe it’s just at 30 by default

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    Isn’t it down to the merchant to set the limits of google/Apple Pay?

Maybe it’s just at 30 by default

Must try and see could I get that changed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement