Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Quick question on the travel insurance

Had anybody yet used the travel insurance ?

I mean in regards if you had to claim say a hospital bill in the states, how are they to deal with pay out etc.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    So Im trying to top up with Google Pay and its not working any more. It has me in a loop of add x amount - select Google Pay - it brings up another screen to confirm the card I want to transfer the money from - I press continue - and it brings me back to the add x amount page. And round and round I go without anything being added.

Got on to their chat and they suggested removing the card from Google Pay and then adding it again. This sorted it for me. No verification required - KBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I got €60 petrol earlier and had about €100 in my account overall. My account is empty now and the charge from petrol station is only €5. Anyone experience this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

tried putting 40e via ptsb, not receiving the text with code from ptsb to verify the topup in revolut, so stuck on pending now, this has not happened before argh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lads I got €60 petrol earlier and had about €100 in my account overall. My account is empty now and the charge from petrol station is only €5. Anyone experience this before?

No transactions showing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

maximoose wrote:
    No, same card I've had on it for years. Just since the last week or so, every top up requires verified by visa - which is slow enough as it is on a good day, but regularly just doesn't work and I don't get the verification text (ptsb)

Why not top up in advance. I prefer to top up a large sum rather than 5 to 10 small amounts

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Why not top up in advance. I prefer to top up a large sum rather than 5 to 10 small amounts

Exactly, I load the card up with a few hundred at at a time maybe even 4 figures to keep me ticking over. I also don’t get any verified by visa etc anymore once I did a few top ups with the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Maybe everyone can;t afford to do that

Maybe everyone can;t afford to do that

Most people are paid monthly so I’m not really seeing your argument? Either you have the money ore you don’t. Topping up 500 in one go or 50x10 across a few weeks is the very same if you are paid monthly which the vast majority people are.

still not able to topup via ptsb, no verification text coming from ptsb, anyone else with same issue?

deleted and readded card, no joy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

BArra wrote: »
    still not able to topup via ptsb, no verification text coming from ptsb, anyone else with same issue?

deleted and readded card, no joy

can you transfer manually from your PTSB app/account?

wont be instant but will at least get there?

on a side note i have read that some mobile operators are not pushing through these verification texts (mainly virgin)

on vodafone who are usually good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

If this is how top ups will be from now on I will yeah, I normally load 50 or so at a time but I do most of my monthly spending on Revolut

But that said, I've tried at least 10 times to top up since yesterday and I haven't received a single text from PTSB to allow me to verify the top up - I'm Virgin Mobile, don't know if that's the issue. I was in Leeds when this started and had no problems verifying each top up but I was roaming then and maybe it's the network causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

maximoose wrote: »

I haven't received a single text from PTSB to allow me to verify the top up - I'm Virgin Mobile, don't know if that's the issue. I was in Leeds when this started and had no problems verifying each top up but I was roaming then and maybe it's the network causing the issue.

Have seen lots of issues reported with these types of text messages failing to Virgin customers. Although there was someone else on Vodafone saying they had problems with PTSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Wheety wrote: »
    No transactions showing?

There was a 6 euro transaction from the petrol station but it was declined today. Trying to get support from Revolut is... difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Mr.S wrote: »
    Virgin have an awful rep for not being able to deliver automated SMS, they make no effort to fix it. Been going on since they launched. Change network.

Yup reason most people leave them it certainly was mine

ptsb say its my phone carrier thats causing issue of not getting verified by visa texts, and vodafone says there is no issue with my account - still not working today

edit: noticed im not getting any OTP texts ie. those texts for 2 factor auth, from the likes of paypal, amazon, verified by visa, myaccount revenue etc

this is baffling as it just started a day or two ago, have made no changes to my mobile carrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ptsb say its my phone carrier thats causing issue of not getting verified by visa texts, and vodafone says there is no issue with my account - still not working today

edit: noticed im not getting any OTP texts ie. those texts for 2 factor auth, from the likes of paypal, amazon, verified by visa, myaccount revenue etc

this is baffling as it just started a day or two ago, have made no changes to my mobile carrier

They had massive issues. First with Three .. then another issue. .... keep at them .. it is more than likely an issue with PTSB. They had to suspend 3D verification for me for 3 days (each time 24 hours) .. before they finally fixed it.

And half the staff in Open24 are clueless about it.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭squirrel6767

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered already but did not get answer going back 2 months of this thread.

Buying a car in UK and one has come up for £16k that I would like to pick up on Monday (today is Thursday). Would like to do UK bank transfer on the day after viewing.

Just set up a Revolut standard ac this evening and did a test €200 transfer from my Bank of ireland a/c and successfully converted it to £ on revoult app. Now trying to add more € in revoult app from BOI debit but only managing to add €2k without hitting a 24 hour limit message.

Question - What is the quickest way for me to get €18k into the Revolut account from Bank of ireland so that I am in a position to pay for car on Monday (after converting to £). Would a bank transfer from BOI to the Revolut IBAN get there in time?

Any other recommendations for avoiding fees and doing UK bank transfer on the day.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm heading to Toronto over the weekend and I'm wondering is there any benefit to using my Revolut card rather than my N26?

From my quick search there doesn't seem to be as afaik N26 will give me the MasterCard rate with no other fees.

I'll be hoping to use card/Google Pay exclusively and not withdrawing from ATMs if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The only real benefit is that you can hold Canadian dollars in Revolut so you can buy the currency during the week and lock in the rate. Revolut tweak the rate at weekends to cover any fluctuations. It’s minuscule and usually not noticeable but if you were buying something over €500-1000 worth then you’d save maybe a €5-10 depending on the rates.

If it’s just small items, e.g. dinner here, breakfast there, can here, drinks there I wouldn’t bother with Revolut and just use N26

Don’t rely solely on google pay. Whilst North America is considered a first world country, many shops still don’t take contactless payments as much as they do over here. Whilst is gotten better in the last couple of years - and Canada is better than US - you’ll still need the physical card.

Marlow wrote: »
    They had massive issues. First with Three .. then another issue. .... keep at them .. it is more than likely an issue with PTSB. They had to suspend 3D verification for me for 3 days (each time 24 hours) .. before they finally fixed it.

And half the staff in Open24 are clueless about it.

/M

but if i dont get other OTP texts from others, like two factor thenit cant be ptsb, it must be vodafone causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered already but did not get answer going back 2 months of this thread.

Buying a car in UK and one has come up for £16k that I would like to pick up on Monday (today is Thursday). Would like to do UK bank transfer on the day after viewing.

Just set up a Revolut standard ac this evening and did a test €200 transfer from my Bank of ireland a/c and successfully converted it to £ on revoult app. Now trying to add more € in revoult app from BOI debit but only managing to add €2k without hitting a 24 hour limit message.

Question - What is the quickest way for me to get €18k into the Revolut account from Bank of ireland so that I am in a position to pay for car on Monday (after converting to £). Would a bank transfer from BOI to the Revolut IBAN get there in time?

Any other recommendations for avoiding fees and doing UK bank transfer on the day.

Thanks in advance.

The card will only transfer €5,000 in any one day. I learned this the hard way when buying a car in the UK. However I EFT the remainder @ 15,000 through the revoult bank a/c to their UK a/c and they got it the next morning. I may have been lucky, it obviously involved me staying overnight but I had resigned to it taking two days at that stage. You could EFT the majority of the money in advance and pay the balance off the card if less than 5,000 on the day and have a bit of bargaining power. However generally in the UK the price is the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The card will only transfer €5,000 in any one day. I learned this the hard way when buying a car in the UK. However I EFT the remainder @ 15,000 through the revoult bank a/c to their UK a/c and they got it the next morning. I may have been lucky, it obviously involved me staying overnight but I had resigned to it taking two days at that stage. You could EFT the majority of the money in advance and pay the balance off the card if less than 5,000 on the day and have a bit of bargaining power. However generally in the UK the price is the price.

Would transferwise not be simpler at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend signed up to the Revolut app using the referal code to get 10e for me and 10e for her after her 1st transaction. I got my 10e already but she got the card and used it earlier this week but has no sign of the 10e yet. Does anyone know how long it should take before she gets it or should she get onto them via chat to follow up?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

testtech05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My girlfriend signed up to the Revolut app using the referal code to get 10e for me and 10e for her after her 1st transaction. I got my 10e already but she got the card and used it earlier this week but has no sign of the 10e yet. Does anyone know how long it should take before she gets it or should she get onto them via chat to follow up?

Thanks

Did she activate the card by adding money and doing a chip and pin transaction? I wouldn't get on to support until you've done this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

Did she activate the card by adding money and doing a chip and pin transaction? I wouldn't get on to support until you've done this

Yes sorry I should have said, she added 20e and used the card for a 5e chip and pin transaction afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭squirrel6767

I was onto BOI this morning and they are doing an urgent Sepa transfer to my Revolut euro account today (€25 charge for urgent). By tonight I should have all the funds in the Revolut euro account. I presume I can convert that to Sterling account without limits immediately (subject to 0.5% fee over €6k).
    Are you saying that when I go to buy the car next week in the UK there is a bank transfer limit from my Revolut Uk account the car dealer bank account ? That would be a right pain.

but if i dont get other OTP texts from others, like two factor thenit cant be ptsb, it must be vodafone causing it?

It can be yes. PTSB can advise you which two numbers they are using to send these. Initial problem with Three was, that Three was blocking those non standard numbers.

I can't remember them off my head, but get the numbers and haunt Vodafone.

/M

• Advertisement

I was onto BOI this morning and they are doing an urgent Sepa transfer to my Revolut euro account today (€25 charge for urgent). By tonight I should have all the funds in the Revolut euro account. I presume I can convert that to Sterling account without limits immediately (subject to 0.5% fee over €6k).
    Are you saying that when I go to buy the car next week in the UK there is a bank transfer limit from my Revolut Uk account the car dealer bank account ? That would be a right pain.

Erhh ? Bit of rip off going on there. Revolut does instant SEPA. When I transfer from my private PTSB or business BOI in the morning .. standard SEPA transfer .. the funds tend to be in my Revolut in the afternoon.

I have before transferred 11k EUR from N26 to Revolut, converted to Sterling (needed 10k GBP) and done a UK swift transfer out to seller with him receiving the money the same day as i send the money from N26. So 2 transfers plus conversion in less than 12 hours.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement