Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

is the best way to get Sterling by withdrawing when over there? Going with a gan gos will need some cash at my disposal...would atm fees be additional I wonder

you have an allowance of £200 per month on the standard plan

just withdraw as normal from an ATM, most high street ATMS are free to use but watch out fo the little indipendent ones that charge to withdraw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Been using Revolut for a while now and have had zero issues to date... However, today i went to log in and it keeps asking me for a phone number then says something went wrong.. its not letting me log in.

Has this happened to anyone else? It also asked if I'd like to use Face ID, and I already do so its making me think its reset or something.

Think there are issues this afternoon, I can’t log in and hearing the same from some others at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

just used mine for an online payment and logged in fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Think there are issues this afternoon, I can’t log in and hearing the same from some others at work.

Just checked with a couple of people in work here... all having the same issue yeah. phew haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah I just opened the app and it was asking for my phone number (on iOS). Entering it brings me to the pin screen but just says ‘something went wrong’ once I enter that.

App update last night and was fine after. Just noticed another app update today, still the same issue after updating though. Seems like it’s a server-side issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Tech issue apparently
    494046.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My credit card (which I use to top up) has disappeared - assuming it has to do with current issues. Tried to re-add it, 'error' - good thing I don't need to top up today (well, I do want to purchase something in $$, i'll have to wait)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

chancer007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone used their revolut card when hiring a car in UK? Lets say you have €200 on card, car rental costs £120, but afaik the car hire debits your account for £600 or so in case of an accident,but refunds this upon returning the car. what happens when insurance company debits your card for holding amount & not enough funds?
    I can use my own CC, but I pay the fee on that
    Thanks
    Not in the UK but in the US we paid for the car hire with revolut and left another cards details with them ‘for incidentals’

They charged a dollar to the CC and it disappeared after 3 days. The 600 you mention might be that company though. 600 definitely isn’t standard

I’ve done this in hotels too BTW. Paid with revolut and left the other CC on file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Revolut is changing it's privacy policy as of 5th November 2019, new version is on : https://www.revolut.com/legal/privacy

I would strongly recommend that you read it and investigate your rights to opt-out.

The policy now allows the exchange of information with credit reference agencies and more marketing and advertising and analytical platforms.

Revolut now will share info with credit bureaus, to "help us better assess your financial circumstances", this is a significant change to their current policy.

And before you say, this is for credit products only, not if you read the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

My card is about to expire but over the past month I have tried to replace it. I get so far as the address and postage option, hit confirm and get "we are sorry. Something has gone wrong. Please try again later." Any suggestions seeing as actually contacting Revolut can be difficult? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Revolut now will share info with credit bureaus, to "help us better assess your financial circumstances", this is a significant change to their current policy.

They are getting far too nosy for my liking .

With their source of funds demands and this now ,I think I will move away from them.

Revolut is changing it's privacy policy as of 5th November 2019, new version is on : https://www.revolut.com/legal/privacy

I would strongly recommend that you read it and investigate your rights to opt-out.

The policy now allows the exchange of information with credit reference agencies and more marketing and advertising and analytical platforms.

And before you say, this is for credit products only, not if you read the details.

I saw the email, half read it and that’s as much reading into this as I’ll be doing. Does anyone actually read these things? Who is actually going to stop using them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Just a warning, if you happen to be logged out or unable to access your revolut at any point, beware there is literally no way to get in contact with them if you're not logged in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

My card is about to expire but over the past month I have tried to replace it. I get so far as the address and postage option, hit confirm and get "we are sorry. Something has gone wrong. Please try again later." Any suggestions seeing as actually contacting Revolut can be difficult? Thanks

I had this had to go to settings in your profile edit your address there and save then it was fine, but they also seemed to be having issues yesterday I couldn't top up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Just a warning, if you happen to be logged out or unable to access your revolut at any point, beware there is literally no way to get in contact with them if you're not logged in :(

There's a helpline you can call. I've never used it but I have the number stored in my contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

jakdublin wrote: »
    There's a helpline you can call. I've never used it but I have the number stored in my contacts.

No you can't.

They don't offer phone support, the only phone is an automatic line to block your card : +44 20 3322 8352.

If you can't use the in chat function you are left with trying Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn

That is one of the drawbacks of Revolut, even N26 learned their lesson an implemented phone support (well sort of, but that is a different topic).

If you loose access to the app than at present, blocking the card is you only option and than hope that you manage to get in contact via the social media links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

No you can't.

They don't offer phone support, the only phone is an automatic line to block your card : +44 20 3322 8352.

If you can't use the in chat function you are left with trying Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn

That is one of the drawbacks of Revolut, even N26 learned their lesson an implemented phone support (well sort of, but that is a different topic).

If you loose access to the app than at present, blocking the card is you only option and than hope that you manage to get in contact via the social media links.

Didn't realise that but at least you can block the card, which would be my biggest worry if I lost my phone. I guess the lack of an option for direct humman contact is another reason not to rely solely on Revolut. I have Monese as a back up for Revolut but the traditional banks is where I park my dosh and pay most of my bills from.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

chancer007 wrote: »
    Has anyone used their revolut card when hiring a car in UK? Lets say you have €200 on card, car rental costs £120, but afaik the car hire debits your account for £600 or so in case of an accident,but refunds this upon returning the car. what happens when insurance company debits your card for holding amount & not enough funds?
    I can use my own CC, but I pay the fee on that
    Thanks

A lot depends on if you pre-pay a rate or pay at the end of rental.

If you are paying at the end after providing a card to secure the booking it works best to provide a CC to secure then at the end ask to pay with a different card when returning the car ... your Revolut - I've done this both in the UK and US.

As Dodge mentioned they put a hold on your CC to cover the excess which should never be used (unless you crash!). Generally rental companies will not let you pay with a Debit or Prepaid card without first taking a large "security" - sometime as high as £1200! So if you can use a CC for the initial reservation and security and then ask to pay at the end (once car is returned and no damage has been recorded) with your revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Hey guys. I've had a revolut card for quite a while now but I've been reluctant to use the vault for saving. I think I might start the roundup saving. Do you reckon it's safe enough to have a substantial amount saved? I was thinking when it reaches €500 to transfer it to my bank.

• Advertisement

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've had a revolut card for quite a while now but I've been reluctant to use the vault for saving. I think I might start the roundup saving. Do you reckon it's safe enough to have a substantial amount saved? I was thinking when it reaches €500 to transfer it to my bank.

You’ll be fine

I’m sure you’ll have people here arguing it isn’t the safest, and others suggesting it isn’t a substantial amount but in my experience you’ll have absolutely no issues at all

Happy saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

any one having problems re veryifying their id with revolut , my passport is 3 months out of date , driving licence is not good enough anymore and the pps card is not good enough either?

Tony H wrote: »
    any one having problems re veryifying their id with revolut , my passport is 3 months out of date , driving licence is not good enough anymore and the pps card is not good enough either?

Get a new passport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Get a new passport?

Passport is the only I'd Revolut are accepting now according to their chat helpline which is a bit unfair , PPS card is not a valid ID , they are limiting themselves by only accepting passports in my opinion ,not everyone has a passport .

Passport is the only I'd Revolut are accepting now according to their chat helpline which is a bit unfair , PPS card is not a valid ID , they are limiting themselves by only accepting passports in my opinion ,not everyone has a passport .

Considering it's online only I think a passport is the most secure way for proof of identity. The amount of people who don't have a passport that would want to use revolut would be minimal. Who doesn't have a passport these days?

If you don’t have a passport, you’ve no real need for revolut.

They honestly won’t be worrying about losing people who don’t travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dodge wrote: »

What a stupid post. Many people use Revolut without leaving their living room. You've heard of online shopping?

I spend 100 nights a year abroad and I probably use Revolut more from home than when I'm travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Dodge wrote: »

I also use Revolut in Ireland with Google pay as my bank doesn't support Google pay yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What a stupid post. Many people use Revolut without leaving their living room. You've heard of online shopping?

I spend 100 nights a year abroad and I probably use Revolut more from home than when I'm travelling.

It sort of is. Because as many people online shopping in the US and UK are benefitting from their service.

/M

• Advertisement

No *real* need. You can use it as you wish

My point remains that revolut aren’t going to be too bothered by the loss of business of people without passports

There aren’t too many of them, and they’re less likely to keep money in their revolut account than those who do travel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement