Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dodge wrote: »
    No *real* need. You can use it as you wish

My point remains that revolut aren’t going to be too bothered by the loss of business of people without passports

There aren’t too many of them, and they’re less likely to keep money in their revolut account than those who do travel

Go on, give me the stats on that.

I travel all the time and I never keep money in my Revolut account. I add it minutes before I need it.

Revolut is changing it's privacy policy as of 5th November 2019, new version is on : https://www.revolut.com/legal/privacy

I would strongly recommend that you read it and investigate your rights to opt-out.

The policy now allows the exchange of information with credit reference agencies and more marketing and advertising and analytical platforms.

Revolut now will share info with credit bureaus, to "help us better assess your financial circumstances", this is a significant change to their current policy.

And before you say, this is for credit products only, not if you read the details.

Was contemplating signing up but this post has been most helpful. I'll be passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlondeLou

Why are they looking to reverify now. I keep getting prompts to reverify as driving licenses are no longer accepted. I verified with a passport a few months back when they did the same thing due to Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Any body having issues with the APP, cannot access it at the moment?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Works fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

there's a new update if you haven't done so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

I had an issue this morning with an online purchase and 3d payment authentication failing.
    When I tried to purchase I was getting a notification in the app OK and when I click proceed in the APP the website refreshed but the payment failed each time and never showed as rejected in the app or anything.

I had online transactions etc turned ON but as my UB debit card worked fine afterwards I am thinking maybe there was some issue with Revolut and compatibility with the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

testtech05 wrote: »
    I had an issue this morning with an online purchase and 3d payment authentication failing.
    When I tried to purchase I was getting a notification in the app OK and when I click proceed in the APP the website refreshed but the payment failed each time and never showed as rejected in the app or anything.

I had online transactions etc turned ON but as my UB debit card worked fine afterwards I am thinking maybe there was some issue with Revolut and compatibility with the site.

Was the site GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Was the site GoMo?

No it was for a bus service in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

testtech05 wrote: »
    No it was for a bus service in the UK.

OK. Same thing happened with me with GoMo. Tried many times with Revolut (Both Visa & Mastercard) but didnt work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

OK. Same thing happened with me with GoMo. Tried many times with Revolut (Both Visa & Mastercard) but didnt work.

It worked with Revolut a little over a week ago. But I ordered another SIM yesterday and both Revolut and N26 failed. Used a PTSB card in the end.

I'm not sure, if it's because the cards are not issued in Ireland or if they just have a problem. Might be worth engaging using the chat.

/M

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I could only get Revolut to work through Curve on Gomo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is it possible to apply for Revolut Premium or Metal and then cancel? Or do you have to sign up for a minimum of 12 months?
    I thought I saw somebody saying you could sign up and cancel/change your mind.

Suckit wrote: »
    Is it possible to apply for Revolut Premium or Metal and then cancel? Or do you have to sign up for a minimum of 12 months?

You can sign up and cancel. Yes. If you order a metal card and get it, you will be charged for the cost of the card.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    You can sign up and cancel. Yes. If you order a metal card and get it, you will be charged for the cost of the card.

/M

Thanks for that, and definitely don't have to pay for a minimum of 12 months?

Thanks for that, and definitely don't have to pay for a minimum of 12 months?

Take a chat with support. Ask for live agent. Ask your questions and confirm.

Find ... they are straight forward. And yes, you can upgrade for a limited period. At least the cooling off period will apply.

/M

Take a chat with support. Ask for live agent. Ask your questions and confirm.

Find ... they are straight forward. And yes, you can upgrade for a limited period. At least the cooling off period will apply.

/M

Yeah planned on doing that but found out (or at least I think I did), that they have removed the chat from normal account apps. Looked and couldn't find the live chat, and I know it used to be there.

I think only option now is to phone them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I did that a few days ago, to get a MasterCard to work with Fitbit pay, which it does by the way. Will cancel once I get the physical MasterCard. I’ll post as to any penalties etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

/M

they charge 57e for a metal card if you cancel FYI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Yeah planned on doing that but found out (or at least I think I did), that they have removed the chat from normal account apps. Looked and couldn't find the live chat, and I know it used to be there.

they havent removed it

its in your dasboard still, theres a question mark in a speech bubble on the top right beside the settings cog logo

• Advertisement

they havent removed it

its in your dasboard still, theres a question mark in a speech bubble on the top right beside the settings cog logo

Thanks, saw that last night but didn't realise it goes to chat. I've ony used the service once a long time back.

Edited - And here's their reply.
    jaAZmR6.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

GoMo wouldn't take Revolut, even thought I authorised it 3 times on the app.

OK with UB debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

paddy19 wrote: »
    GoMo wouldn't take Revolut, even thought I authorised it 3 times on the app.

OK with UB debit card.

Worked for me. Metal mastercard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

lehe8707 wrote: »
    Worked for me. Metal mastercard

Metal is coded as Ireland, so are some premium mastercards which is why it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

Metal is coded as Ireland, so are some premium mastercards which is why it worked.

Weird, apple still won't allow it on iTunes store. I have an old revolut card I'll see if I can add that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭scarepanda

My brother used his standard revolut card to pay for Gomo. I've just asked him and he said he's had no issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’ve a Metal card and I signed up with GoMo using it and I use it for iTunes/Apple store payments.

I think GoMo allowed Revolut at the start, in the first few hours and then started blocking it. Most people saying they couldn’t use it signed up after the first day.

I find Revolut is accepted in most places, I’ve had it refused online once because they detected it as a prepaid card.

Why did they block it?
    Isn't GoMo no contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

How do you know which cards are coded Ireland and which are UK ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

jamesieliz wrote: »
    How do you know which cards are coded Ireland and which are UK ?

You can read the chip out and it will provide you with that info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement