Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Suckit wrote: »
    Why did they block it?
    Isn't GoMo no contract?

GoMo is a contact not prepaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

GoMo is a contact not prepaid.

Ah, I thought it was month to month, with option to leave whenever you wanted.

Or is it that, but still contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Revolut is changing it's privacy policy as of 5th November 2019, new version is on : https://www.revolut.com/legal/privacy

I would strongly recommend that you read it and investigate your rights to opt-out.

The policy now allows the exchange of information with credit reference agencies and more marketing and advertising and analytical platforms.

Revolut now will share info with credit bureaus, to "help us better assess your financial circumstances", this is a significant change to their current policy.

And before you say, this is for credit products only, not if you read the details.

This worth quoting for anyone who missed it.

I got the email today but may have got it before and missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Anyone opted out? It just says get in touch with in app chat service...haven't tried yet

You also need the latest update to opt out of another social and marketing thing

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

-=al=- wrote: »
    Anyone opted out? It just says get in touch with in app chat service...haven't tried yet

You also need the latest update to opt out of another social and marketing thing

Yes, opted out of credit checks and social media through chat, and the rest through Privacy settings on app.

Note - the last item in Privacy section 'Targeted Marketing' is sneakily worded - that has to be selected to opt out, while the others need to be deselected to opt out - confirmed via chat..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Ah, I thought it was month to month, with option to leave whenever you wanted.

Or is it that, but still contract?

It is a 30 day contract. Renewed every 30 days. It is post paid after all.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    It is a 30 day contract. Renewed every 30 days. It is post paid after all.

/M
    Thanks (Again) I didn't realise it was post paid. I thought prepaid. I won't be signing up anyway.

Revolut is changing it's privacy policy as of 5th November 2019, new version is on : https://www.revolut.com/legal/privacy

I would strongly recommend that you read it and investigate your rights to opt-out.

The policy now allows the exchange of information with credit reference agencies and more marketing and advertising and analytical platforms.

Revolut now will share info with credit bureaus, to "help us better assess your financial circumstances", this is a significant change to their current policy.

And before you say, this is for credit products only, not if you read the details.

Balls. I never saw that, and earlier they asked me to uninstall the app and reinstall the new version as virtual cards weren't working (still didn't work).

So I updated to the new app and on premium but no benefits (for me) - Possible cause is rooted phone (latest version of magisk with safety net).

Ninja Edit:
    It says 12th of November?
    We've made some small changes to our Privacy Policy which will be effective from 12 November 2019. We will send you an email about these changes.

Ninja Edit:
    It says 12th of November?

That are further updates and clarifications, the 2 main points went into effect on the 5th. The clarifications now on the 12th.

You can still opt-out, there is no deadline for opting out, it just means that today they could share the info but then need to stop when you opt-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wonder by opt-ing out from sharing your info with credit-bureaus, would you be ineligible to receive credit products? (in the future, whenever they launch it)

Can someone tell me how to go about opting out, if that is an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You should go to privacy in the settings and (unless you want them)
    - deselect marketing emails
    - deselect marketing pushes
    - select targeted marketing (sneaky select to opt out)

Then get on the chat in the help section
    Write "I want to opt out of sharing my data with credit bureaus" and you'll get an automated message saying the opt out process has started

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

You just ask them on the support chat.

You can opt-out of the ad marketing inside the app > settings > privacy.

Great thanks, only took a minute or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You are meant to deselect it, if you want to op-out.

Nope, select it, then open a chat

494643.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You are meant to deselect it, if you want to op-out.

the text below is quite deceptive:

"Opt out from using your data for targeted..."

So you need to switch the toggle to the "on" position. It's kinda like a double negative, don't not use my data with 3rd party analytics companies

There’s only marketing emails and marketing pushes to be deselected? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You need to update your app

I went on chat last night.
    They will opt you out and then inform you that there are still some more opt outs inside the app that you need to do manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I went on chat last night.
    They will opt you out and then inform you that there are still some more opt outs inside the app that you need to do manually.

Yes under settings -> privacy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    You need to update your app

Yep, updated the app this morning just to untick the boxes and send the opt out message, but it's only version 6.14 available on the app store at the minute

NuGg1Dl.jpg

That's all there is in the privacy section

I'm on iOS 12.4, and that's the latest version of Revolut available on the app store. The email says version 6.15, which is probably for iOS 13. Gotta update the OS and the app to untick a box :rolleyes:

If you message them and cite GDPR I'm sure they will manually opt-you out!

Why don't you just look into the privacy page linked earlier?

It has clear instructions and an email to use for opt outs, no need to swing the GDPR hammer yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Write "I want to opt out of sharing my data with credit bureaus" and you'll get an automated message saying the opt out process has started

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

Took a few goes but I had to open and close the app store a few times and then manually search for the app again. Then I was able to get version 6.16. FWIW, the earliest iOS it works on is 10.3 :pac:

Chaos averted

That is very sneaky. I had deselected that after chat last night. Luckily I saw your post and selected it.

Has anybody on Premium been able to create a virtual card? I am unable, but I was told it was because my phone is rooted. I tried it on an unrooted phone tonight and I am still unable. I am going to contact chat, I would just like to know if anyone else is having issues before I try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭VG31

Is anyone else unable to top up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

VG31 wrote: »

Strange.
    Topped up using my PTSB debit card yesterday and used it on Amazon, money taken, all good.

Saw this and thought "I'll have a look".
    Only top up option was google pay.

Checked, there is an update available, can use debit card now.

The same thing happened with me, the only top up option was Google Pay. I tried to re-add my card but it didn't work. I couldn't top up by Google Pay either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The same thing happened with me, the only top up option was Google Pay. I tried to re-add my card but it didn't work. I couldn't top up by Google Pay either.

Did you update?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you update?

There's no available update showing for me.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just tried topping up there with PTSB debit card, failed first time, then went through on second attempt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Took 3 times just now with AIB card

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement