Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

BTW, the poor FX rate in the weekend had nothing to do with lag, as the EUR USD FX rate never reached as low as 1.0584$ which was applied by revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Bought a few things on ebay last night in stg...exchange rate wasn't as good as usual. mmmmm

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unless people are spending big money the difference is going to be minimal, All I can confirm is I am way better off using my Revolut card instead of my avant (formally Mbna) credit card as they always applied a shocking conversion rate along with a %charge also. As far as I'm aware, there are no banks or credit card companies offering rates anyway close to those we see on xe to their consumers, so imho the Revolut card is probably the best value around in terms of doing FX transactions at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I am still skeptical if this card will continue to work as good as now past 1 December when the new interchange fee comes into effect.

One way they can make up for the substantial loss is by offering slightly worse exchange rates than before.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am still skeptical if this card will continue to work as good as now past 1 December when the new interchange fee comes into effect.

One way they can make up for the substantial loss is by offering slightly worse exchange rates than before.

But as long as those "slightly worse" rates are lower than whats on offer to us at present, we are on a winner, are they not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Aquos76 wrote: »
    But as long as those "slightly worse" rates are lower than whats on offer to us at present, we are on a winner, are they not?

I agree that they are still the best, but what annoys me is that they didn't announce the change in the FX rate, but then it's probably just a temporary issue on the weekend.

I just hope that they don't implement changes without any announcement.

Amouar wrote: »
    I agree that they are still the best, but what annoys me is that they didn't announce the change in the FX rate, but then it's probably just a temporary issue on the weekend.

I just hope that they don't implement changes without any announcement.

I think this weekend might have been a fluke in the system because right now the rates match xe.

Just tried to use the card in a store and came up with incorrect pin. It's the pin not the same as the 4 digit code on the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Just tried to use the card in a store and came up with incorrect pin. It's the pin not the same as the 4 digit code on the app?

You need the ATM pin to use in the store.
    goto the app and click on use card and retrieve atm pin there

You need the ATM pin to use in the store.
    goto the app and click on use card and retrieve atm pin there

Ah yes I see now :)

• Advertisement

How do you link the card to your paypal?
    Tried to add it as another bank account but it said it was linked to too many accounts already.
    Have $ in paypal I'd like to move onto the card.

How do you link the card to your paypal?
    Tried to add it as another bank account but it said it was linked to too many accounts already.
    Have $ in paypal I'd like to move onto the card.

Revolut does not give you an individual account number with the card. It's the same account for everybody with a reference number used to credit the correct card, hence you can not use it with Paypal to withdraw money to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Does the code "MSE" still work when signing up?

Or has it expired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Does the code "MSE" still work when signing up?

Or has it expired?

Worked for me a couple of days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Worked for me a couple of days ago!

Excellent, thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I recently got locked out of my account while I verified my cards. To do this I had to give a four digit code from the most recent top-up with that card.

This was not a problem with one of the cards but the other had not been used since they introduced this new system. Support on the app got my account unlocked easily enough.

However what appears to have triggered the lockout was using Etsy, as they have now asked me not to use it.

I questioned that and they have backtracked on this and say that I will be able to use it "due to your(sic) history with us" (I guess they mean I have used Revolut a good bit and for a while) but has anyone had them blocking similar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just ordered a physical card, looks really cool. With teh physical card I can just covert to dollar on the app is it then withdraw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just ordered a physical card, looks really cool. With teh physical card I can just covert to dollar on the app is it then withdraw?

- You don't need to convert. Just take the dollars out at an ATM in the U.S. but try and find an ATM that doesn't have a fee - see previous posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Revolut don't use the spot interbank exchange rate at the weekends when trading is closed.

So does this mean avoid online shopping at the weekend if your using £ or $ or even the ATM's in U.K. or U.S.?

You would want to be spending alot for any significant difference I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

I signed up for the card last week with the code for the free £5. So far so good. Linked it to Paypal with my Parcel motel address.
    Do I need to exchange the £5 to Euro to add to my balance or how do the three currencies work when paying for stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Any way to get money from An Post Cash passport on to the Revolut card? I want to put my £ onto one card but I can't seem to top up a Revolut card from a Cash Passport...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any way to get money from An Post Cash passport on to the Revolut card? I want to put my £ onto one card but I can't seem to top up a Revolut card from a Cash Passport...

Withdraw it from a post office... lodge to your bank and top up that way.

Then cut up the An Post card and be done with the god-forsaken thing forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Has anyone tried topping up via bank transfer from a BOI bank account?

In such case, do you just put the reference code in the corresponding 'Reference' field when making the transfer or somewhere else too??

I just put it in the 'Reference' field and this was the reason why I didn't receive the money into my revolut account. They were not able to see my reference code and associate the transaction with my account.

Used Revolut for first time in London.

Had slight issue with the PIN. Tried to use it in a London Nandos but the PIN wasn't accepted. I had changed the PIN last week on the app.

Apparently in some cases you have to "register" the new PIN by using it in an ATM or modern pay point first. Withdrew from an ATM today using the new PIN, no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Used Revolut for first time in London.

Had slight issue with the PIN. Tried to use it in a London Nandos but the PIN wasn't accepted. I had changed the PIN last week on the app.

Apparently in some cases you have to "register" the new PIN by using it in an ATM or modern pay point first. Withdrew from an ATM today using the new PIN, no issues.

Thats the same process for all credit cards.

listermint wrote: »
    Thats the same process for all credit cards.

Haven't had a credit or debit card that you could change the PIN on an app before. NO complaints here, just a heads up for anyone travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Haven't had a credit or debit card that you could change the PIN on before. NO complaints here, just a heads up for anyone travelling.

AFAIK you can change the pin on every card .

I paid for something on amazon but then cancelled it before dispatch. Money is showing as pending in revolut . anyone any ideas when I'll have it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

inel wrote: »
    Has anyone tried topping up via bank transfer from a BOI bank account?

In such case, do you just put the reference code in the corresponding 'Reference' field when making the transfer or somewhere else too??

I just put it in the 'Reference' field and this was the reason why I didn't receive the money into my revolut account. They were not able to see my reference code and associate the transaction with my account.

Did you get this resolved? I have been waiting since last week for money i transferred from my BOI account. reckon i put the reference in wrong? Contacted support on Friday morning so awaiting a reply from them.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    AFAIK you can change the pin on every card .

I paid for something on amazon but then cancelled it before dispatch. Money is showing as pending in revolut . anyone any ideas when I'll have it back?

3-7 business days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement