Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    AFAIK you can change the pin on every card .

I paid for something on amazon but then cancelled it before dispatch. Money is showing as pending in revolut . anyone any ideas when I'll have it back?

change pin on an app I meant - apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Did you get this resolved? I have been waiting since last week for money i transferred from my BOI account. reckon i put the reference in wrong? Contacted support on Friday morning so awaiting a reply from them.

I haven't been keeping up, why would anyone choose Bank Transfer over debit card?

Any advantages I'm not seeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

3-7 business days.

The last time I did that with Amazon it took 11 calendar days for the hold to be released.

I haven't been keeping up, why would anyone choose Bank Transfer over debit card?

Any advantages I'm not seeing?

Higher amounts possible via bank transfer than with debit card due to banks spending limitations.

Bank Account card might be coded as credit card and hence not allowed (for example some German Visa Cards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah happened me twice last week. Nothing at all to worry about I'd imagine, probably just an ownership thing like you said.

I've changed the pin on the app but haven't had the need to use the physical card yet. Would activating the new pin be possible in a foreign ATM or should I do it in Ireland before I go abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Patww79 wrote: »

BoI - RBS? no, RBS don't own BoI
    I am assuming you got confused with UB-RBS

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PermanentTSB top ups also show up as Royal Bank Of Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Did you get this resolved? I have been waiting since last week for money i transferred from my BOI account. reckon i put the reference in wrong? Contacted support on Friday morning so awaiting a reply from them.

Yes, I got this resolved when contacted them and gave some more details so that they were able to identify my bank transfer.
    I was surprised that the 'Reference' field didn't work as was supposed to.

Sometimes it can be convenient to use this top up option, when you don't have debit card or don't want to provide the details of your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

inel wrote: »
    Yes, I got this resolved when contacted them and gave some more details so that they were able to identify my bank transfer.
    I was surprised that the 'Reference' field didn't work as was supposed to.

Sometimes it can be convenient to use this top up option, when you don't have debit card or don't want to provide the details of your card.

Yeah got a reply from support and provided date of transfer and they found it. Seems the reference field doesn't get passed so they cant identify where to route the transfer.

I set up the bank transfer just to have and test out the timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yeah got a reply from support and provided date of transfer and they found it. Seems the reference field doesn't get passed so they cant identify where to route the transfer.

I set up the bank transfer just to have and test out the timeline.

Use your BOI debit card to top up.

bingo bango.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

listermint wrote: »
    Use your BOI debit card to top up.

bingo bango.

Exactly.

And if its a large transaction, do it day by day.

The VISA limit is ~1500 AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Digiby wrote: »
    I signed up for the card last week with the code for the free £5. So far so good. Linked it to Paypal with my Parcel motel address.
    Do I need to exchange the £5 to Euro to add to my balance or how do the three currencies work when paying for stuff?

I signed up but forgot to use the code for free £5. Doh!!!!!

I want to use a bank a/c instead of debit card to transfer funds. How long does it take? It seems like people are having issues with bank transfer top ups?

Also is there a need to convert from € to $/£ in the app before making purchases in those currencies or is that only to get the rate on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Can you topup Revolut with 3v card ?
    or V+ Prepaid Virtual MasterCard ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

steo_magra wrote: »
    Can you topup Revolut with 3v card ?
    or V+ Prepaid Virtual MasterCard ?

I don't think so. It'll only accept Debit cards and it will see these as credit cards. I tried to top up with my 3Money card so that I could ditch it but it rejected it. Had to move the money to by bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I'm currently on holidays and noticed that the FX rate for withdrawals is lower than the FX for POS transactions. I withdrew money shortly after making a purchase and the FX rates were very different.
    I contacted the support and they say that it's all working as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Having an awful time verifying my account with this lot, ive grown a beard so look a bit different to my passport photo and they are asking me jump through hoops to get my account open , basically saying they dont believe its me in the photo haha, typically it was after i had deposited €50 to them the issue arose !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Why are people verifying their accounts again? You don't need to to use the card fully unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

hots wrote: »
    Why are people verifying their accounts again? You don't need to to use the card fully unless I'm missing something?

€1500 limit per year for non verified accounts afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Digiby wrote: »
    €1500 limit per year for non verified accounts afaik.

I was missing something so :o That makes sense, thankfully won't need more than that for the time-being.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye, I'm working away with it non verified and if I go up to the limit I'll get another one with my wife's account.

It's a great job though, been using it steady since I got it for cash withdrawals in sterling and buying on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know how long refunds take to show up on your balance, and will they appear in the transaction history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone know how long refunds take to show up on your balance, and will they appear in the transaction history?

Someone said before in the thread that they had been waiting a few days for a refund.

Why don't you just withdraw the cash or use the credit to buy something, that way you'll get it back instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Doge wrote: »

Took 9 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

physioman wrote: »
    Took 9 days.

I'm verified now the app did not work front and back of driving licence then self with licence beside your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Having an awful time verifying my account with this lot, ive grown a beard so look a bit different to my passport photo and they are asking me jump through hoops to get my account open , basically saying they dont believe its me in the photo haha, typically it was after i had deposited €50 to them the issue arose !!

Same issue. Had to send them a up close picture of me holding the Id beside my face.. Was verified straight away after that.. Email support@revolut.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but it's something to keep an eye on. I'm living in Puerto Rico at the moment and I've been using Revolut for the past few weeks.

When I withdraw cash from an ATM with my Revolut card it always charges me 3-5 dollars, but withdrawing cash from the same ATM with my BOI Visa Debit is free, but of course you're hit with FX fees. POS transactions remain free with the revolut card.

tuff1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but it's something to keep an eye on. I'm living in Puerto Rico at the moment and I've been using Revolut for the past few weeks.

When I withdraw cash from an ATM with my Revolut card it always charges me 3-5 dollars, but withdrawing cash from the same ATM with my BOI Visa Debit is free, but of course you're hit with FX fees. POS transactions remain free with the revolut card.

Are you sure that is revolut fee and not an ATM surcharge that the ATM provider charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

Are you sure that is revolut fee and not an ATM surcharge that the ATM provider charges?

That's what I thought at first too, but I've tried 4 or 5 separate ATM's and it's been the case with all of them. Try with Revolut and its an ATM charge, swap to the visa debit and it's free. They were from main banks too, not just independent ATM's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

tuff1 wrote: »
    That's what I thought at first too, but I've tried 4 or 5 separate ATM's and it's been the case with all of them. Try with Revolut and its an ATM charge, swap to the visa debit and it's free. They were from main banks too, not just independent ATM's.

Is it because the revolut card is registering as a credit card not a debit card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement