Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

Allyall wrote: »
    I did too. Luckily nobody was walking around naked behind the phone.. :D

I wasn't expecting her to switch camera. Especially not to do it so quickly.
    I thought I would've done that :)

Anyone else doing it, put something freaky in the camera view :pac:
    I verified in a bath robe if that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corholio wrote: »
    Signed up for the card a while ago and in 'My Card' section it says it will be posted on '30 Dec' and Expected on 'Jan 08' :eek:

I'll surely get it before then right? It's needed for Christmas as part of a gift.

Just to follow up on this, I was in contact with their support and they said they are having unfortunate delays with the cards and anyone requesting a physical card after the 4th December won't receive it until around the 5th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

I know this has probably been asked before but just want to get some more details.

has anybody loaded money onto the card using a credit card?

If so are you charged any fees like a cash advance fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

steokeogh wrote: »
    I know this has probably been asked before but just want to get some more details.

has anybody loaded money onto the card using a credit card?

If so are you charged any fees like a cash advance fee?

You can't do it anymore .

You could awhile back and there was no cash advance fees but not anymore unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You can't do it anymore .

You could awhile back and there was no cash advance fees but not anymore unfortunately.

Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Has anyone used Vodafone number for registering an account with Revolut. I have been having problems to register (open account) using Vodafone number? This Vodafone number is actually a migrated one (migrated from a non-vodafone network).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mac.in wrote: »
    Has anyone used Vodafone number for registering an account with Revolut. I have been having problems to register (open account) using Vodafone number? This Vodafone number is actually a migrated one (migrated from a non-vodafone network).

Used an 086 number now on Vodafone to register and had no issues.

mac.in wrote: »

Are you dropping the first 0 ?
    If your number is 087123456789 you'd enter just 87123456789

I got into the habit of always using +3538** myself years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Anyone tried revolut with UBER taxi service?

I had added successfully the revolut card details in my account but today when I tried to book my first taxi ride it gave me an error (card was not accepted as a valid card) and I had to add my irish debit card in order to continue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

inel wrote: »
    Anyone tried revolut with UBER taxi service?

I had added successfully the revolut card details in my account but today when I tried to book my first taxi ride it gave me an error (card was not accepted as a valid card) and I had to add my irish debit card in order to continue..

It didn't work for me and when I contacted them they said that prepaid cards are not acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

September1 wrote: »
    It didn't work for me and when I contacted them they said that prepaid cards are not acceptable.

So it doesn't work with UBER, that's bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Great for ordering presents online when sharing a current account with someone. I transfer the cash to this and then it doesn't show up which shop I bought the gift from on our statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Are you dropping the first 0 ?
    If your number is 087123456789 you'd enter just 87123456789

I got into the habit of always using +3538** myself years ago.

I tried using +3538********.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Anybody else had problems with Amazon? I've had three separate orders declined at Amazon using Revolut. Amazon say they are not blocking payment but that Revolut are declining to process the payment and Revolut don't know WTF is going on. This has been going on for two weeks now and still no signs of resolution, I get the feeling I'm being fobbed off at this stage as it doesn't seem to me to be a difficult nut to crack, surely numbers that don't tally should flag up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Anybody else had problems with Amazon? I've had three separate orders declined at Amazon using Revolut. Amazon say they are not blocking payment but that Revolut are declining to process the payment and Revolut don't know WTF is going on. This has been going on for two weeks now and still no signs of resolution, I get the feeling I'm being fobbed off at this stage as it doesn't seem to me to be a difficult nut to crack, surely numbers that don't tally should flag up.

I've used the card on Amazon for a good few orders and have never had a problem.

I used it myself with a Marketplace seller, which makes it all the more frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Which currency did you choose when entering the card into your Amazon account/order?

I set mine to sterling and never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

why do amazon take £1 first?

Which currency did you choose when entering the card into your Amazon account/order?

I set mine to sterling and never had a problem.

Yeah, they suggested that at Revolut, didn't make any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Spent about €1500 across multiple orders on Amazon in the last 2 weeks without any problem. I preload the card to the required amount in the required currency and switch off amazon currency converter at checkout. Works without a problem.

I suggest to delete the card and re-add it, there are definitely no issues using Revolut and Amazon. Only vendor i couldn't get it to work for was Samsung UK as the card was rejected at the 3d verification screen. I got around this by adding the card to paypal and then paying Samsung via paypal which in turn charged the card so problem solved.

Saved about €50 in the last 2 weeks with revolut due to better exchange rates and got the free £5 signup bonus on top of it too :)

• Advertisement

Your address has to exactly match the card I've found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Started to use mine yesterday. Had a problem with PayPal, I accidentally put a space after the first line of address and it wouldn't accept it as the billing address. But once I figured it out and deleted it, it worked flawlessly!

Hope all goes well with it when I use it abroad.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Your address has to exactly match the card I've found.
    You see, this is the strangest part. I'm a long time shopper with Amazon so I'm just reusing saved information, information Amazon have had for years and as I said, I've used the card to purchase from the marketplace. No, the problem is with Revolut and whoever they use to process the payment, I'm pretty sure of that. I've also used the card to buy from other traders, like 7flagship, and apart from the apparently normal practice of holding £1 for ten days, everything went smoothly.
    I find Revolut CS to be a little clueless on the mechanics of the process and this is frustrating.h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would uninstall and re-install the app as your card number may have changed.
    I ordered the physical card after i had used the app generated card details for a few weeks & when it was delivered the expiry and CCV were different.
    Re-installing the app synced the virtual card with my new physical card number which i then updated on PayPal and Amazon sites.

ongarite wrote: »
    I would uninstall and re-install the app as your card number may have changed.
    I ordered the physical card after i had used the app generated card details for a few weeks & when it was delivered the expiry and CCV were different.
    Re-installing the app synced the virtual card with my new physical card number which i then updated on PayPal and Amazon sites.

Why would my card no. have changed? I have had the physical card for a while now, I was one of the first to sign up and I think if the number had changed it would affect other sites on which I have my details saved. The problem seems to be confined to the main Amazon site, I have deleted and reinstalled the card but that made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phani.k1704

I had same issue and found out later that on amazon billing, my middle name is not available and is available on revolut card. So I have edited and added my middle name on amazon delivery and billing address. This has solved the issue in my case.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    why do amazon take £1 first?

When you enter the card for the first time or change details they take £1 as an authentication to validate your card is genuine and your address passes the Address verification.

This £1 will not be charged, it will drop of your account in 7-10 days.

You see, this is the strangest part. I'm a long time shopper with Amazon so I'm just reusing saved information, information Amazon have had for years and as I said, I've used the card to purchase from the marketplace. No, the problem is with Revolut and whoever they use to process the payment, I'm pretty sure of that. I've also used the card to buy from other traders, like 7flagship, and apart from the apparently normal practice of holding £1 for ten days, everything went smoothly.
    I find Revolut CS to be a little clueless on the mechanics of the process and this is frustrating.h

I had one challenge with a merchant recently similar to what you have, however I found that the problem was the different way my Irish Address is shown in their system and Revolut systems and hence it got denied due to the AVS failing.

As I wanted delivery to Parcelwizard I simply change the address in Revolut to that one, entered the same billing and shipping address at the vendor and voila payment was authorized.

So maybe you have something similar?

Amazon should be able to tell you why their processor rejects the card (even if you have to do a data protection request), revolut should be able to tell you if they actually get the request and they reject it. There is a chance that Amazon's processor rejects the card for some reason before they even ask revolut for authentication.

It's not Amazon who are blocking the payment, Revolut have admitted that, it's some glitch between Revolut and whoever handles the processing. It's something you would think an IT tech would be on top of in an instant and it gives rise to concern that the system might be flawed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've only used it on amazon once, payment was declined - I went in and clicked "update payment method", input the same details again nothing different and it worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement