Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Someone said Revolut card isn't accepted by Uber but you can enter your PayPal account without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Are there fees from your bank if you top up in sterling from a euro bank account? I put in the promo code for the £5 and topped up by the euro equivalent of £10 but didn't get it. I tried support but all they said is you must top up by £10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

JT26 wrote: »
    Is this a good way to exchange Canadian to euro or is there better out there

They're working to have support for the Canadian Dollar but for the moment its only American dollar, Euro and Sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Patww79 wrote: »

- Yes you really need to verify identity - my sister had problems before verifying. Use your passport - i did it on ios app - very hard lining up the four corners to turn green -eventually got it after 20-30 mins.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

For those who have ordered off of Amazon with this, does the total transaction amount come through straight away as a notification or is it only after Amazon begin to process the order?

First time using it with Amazon and I converted the money from Euro to Sterling in the app for the exact amount.
    The order says it has been placed on Amazon but I got an in-app notification saying £0 Amazon and the Order is "Not yet shipped"

Has the order failed to process payment or I just need to wait for Amazon to take the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Does anyone know if the 1500EUR limit is per calendar year or a year since joining revolut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Digiby wrote: »
    For those who have ordered off of Amazon with this, does the total transaction amount come through straight away as a notification or is it only after Amazon begin to process the order?

First time using it with Amazon and I converted the money from Euro to Sterling in the app for the exact amount.
    The order says it has been placed on Amazon but I got an in-app notification saying £0 Amazon and the Order is "Not yet shipped"

Has the order failed to process payment or I just need to wait for Amazon to take the money?

My Amazon orders said the amount was pending until Amazon took the money on shipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I don't think I'll be using this card much, the withdrawal process is not efficient and definitely not within the SEPA "next working day" time frame.

3 working days later and still no funds received on the other end. Revolut tell me they can take 3-5 working days, which makes this card a non-runner for me for anything other than the odd small transaction here and there.

Delivery of the physical card has been very slow and we've had a couple of other small issues that haven't left a positive impression overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I tried topping up my revolut account through the app by inputting by debit card details. I tried 3 times to top up by 59 euro. It worked the third time of trying. However on my bank statement it says I've taken out 59 euro and there is a pending transaction of 59 euro also. Hopefully ill get refunded but just slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Savman wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be using this card much, the withdrawal process is not efficient and definitely not within the SEPA "next working day" time frame.

3 working days later and still no funds received on the other end. Revolut tell me they can take 3-5 working days, which makes this card a non-runner for me for anything other than the odd small transaction here and there.

Delivery of the physical card has been very slow and we've had a couple of other small issues that haven't left a positive impression overall.

If you mean with withdrawel removing funds from the card, you should do as someone already suggested and add funds to make a nice round let's say €20 and than just withdraw it using the card. If you mean topping up, I still don't get why anyone uses anything but their debit card for this.
    The card is free, the rates the best and there are no fees, I can live with a few startup niggles (but haven't had any).
    If you won't be using it much you must be able to suggest a better alternative....

flyguy wrote: »
    If you mean with withdrawel removing funds from the card, you should do as someone already suggested and add funds to make a nice round let's say €20 and than just withdraw it using the card. If you mean topping up, I still don't get why anyone uses anything but their debit card for this.
    The card is free, the rates the best and there are no fees, I can live with a few startup niggles (but haven't had any).
    If you won't be using it much you must be able to suggest a better alternative....
    Don't think you understood. Withdrawal i.e. withdraw balance from Revolut direct to bank account - not ATM withdrawals.

The exchange rates are excellent so it has it's purpose as a travel or currency card, and topping up by Visa Debit is a no brainer. But it absolutely should be noted that outgoing transfers from Revolut to Banks are not subject to SEPA times.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Twice I had this card refused for security reasons the latest been John Lewis the weekend. Made the Purchase and comes straight up on the app that the money was taken grand no problem but had to ring John Lewis as the order was stuck at processing now the product is out of stock and will take up to 72 hours for the money to go back on the card thank fcuk I a spare bit of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Savman wrote: »
    Don't think you understood. Withdrawal i.e. withdraw balance from Revolut direct to bank account - not ATM withdrawals.

The exchange rates are excellent so it has it's purpose as a travel or currency card, and topping up by Visa Debit is a no brainer. But it absolutely should be noted that outgoing transfers from Revolut to Banks are not subject to SEPA times.

If you read my reply I did understand, I just went through both options -top-up and empty the card- cause I wasn't sure what you were asking. Why would you withdraw money from the card to your account? Unless you just put random large amounts on it you don't use then why would you need to? So most people would end up with small amounts left on their card. I would just leave it, but as someone said let's say you've €17.15 left on the card and you want to remove it, then top-up by €2.85 and withdraw the €20 at any atm. Much easier than waiting for a transfer.

flyguy wrote: »
    I would just leave it, but as someone said let's say you've €17.15 left on the card and you want to remove it, then top-up by €2.85 and withdraw the €20 at any atm. Much easier than waiting for a transfer.

Actually the minimum top up is €10 and not everyone wants/needs to withdraw from an ATM, let alone be forced to, but I get your point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

People have used this card on Ebay in the past right? Just the card i.e. not using the card with Paypal. I'm getting an error saying "We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details." when I try now.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I had a couple of hundred euros on my Revolut card and went to a little booth outside Tesco to buy my mum some E-cigarette refills

The cost of the refills are €29.90 so I paid with my card, I just got home and checked my receipt and noticed that they charged me £23.20 which worked out as €31.66. It says on the receipt that currency conversion services were provided by Elavon merchant services.

So I paid €1.76 extra even though I only had euros on the card

Anybody know why this happened?

Come to think of it I attempted to pay for some food in Courtney's meat shop the other day and the guy tried the card and said "oh it's a sterling card" so I ended up just paying with my Ulster bank card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I had a couple of hundred euros on my Revolut card and went to a little booth outside Tesco to buy my mum some E-cigarette refills

The cost of the refills are €29.90 so I paid with my card, I just got home and checked my receipt and noticed that they charged me £23.20 which worked out as €31.66. It says on the receipt that currency conversion services were provided by Elavon merchant services.

So I paid €1.76 extra even though I only had euros on the card

Anybody know why this happened?

Come to think of it I attempted to pay for some food in Courtney's meat shop the other day and the guy tried the card and said "oh it's a sterling card" so I ended up just paying with my Ulster bank card

Both times it should've come up with an option for the sales assistant/yourself to choose to "accept currency conversion" or something along those lines (happened to me nearly every time when using ATMs abroad) - whenever that happens choose no and you'll be charged the Revolut rate.
    If you were unaware of it the first time the sales assistant probably just clicked "accept" as they weren't sure of what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Avoid 'dynamic currency conversion' known as 'DCC'

When paying for things or withdrawing money, many providers will ask whether or not you wish to pay in your local home currency rather than the local currency. Note that this will often be more expensive and give you a rate that may be worse than had you of used the local currency. Always choose to pay in local currency to avoid extra foreign exchange margins and the 'dynamic currency conversion' process.

You got screwed!

• Advertisement

Same thing has happened me with Paypal, it looks like they billed in Sterling and done their own Currency Conversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

This card worked a treat for me, until today it got blocked when I used it for a "Skrill" payment..
    Int told me to verify my identity and I used the app, didn't work.
    I then emailed them my passport, and my driving licence, then they wanted a photo of me holding the passport. Did this and I sent them a scan of my bank statement showing the "top ups", and still no joy

They say there is a "code" on my bank statement from my last top up.
    I am with BOI and I have the "paper statement" and the "online statement" and there is no code, just says "POS Sep13 Revolut".
    Told them all that, but no good, they tell me I have to contact my bank.
    Anyone else have this kinda hassle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I am trying to verify identity but the app crashes when it goes to start camera. Any ideas. Iphone 6 latest update of ios and app.

dingding wrote: »
    I am trying to verify identity but the app crashes when it goes to start camera. Any ideas. Iphone 6 latest update of ios and app.

Don't waste your time with the app.

Send an email with your name and phone number in the subject line to:
    support@revolut.com

including a photo of your id and you holding the id and that will verify identity no problem.

Patww79 wrote: »

yes but they still won't unblock mine unless I give them the code that doesn't exist from my bank statement.

I did top up, I have the paper statement in my hand and I have online banking and there is no code. It just says POS 13 Sep Revolut. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I did top up, I have the paper statement in my hand and I have online banking and there is no code. It just says POS 13 Sep Revolut. :confused:

The problem there is that your bank is not showing you the full data, it should look something like this:

POS REVOLUT*1234 17/11 1

With 1234 being the code you need.

The code is the same on all my transactions and show clearly on my bank.

You will need to get on to your bank and ask them to give you the full details of the transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Or with on line banking it may be possible to see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement