Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I repeat there is NO code. I have the paper statement, there is NO code.
    I have Online Banking, there is NO code.
    I rang Bank of Ireland, they checked my account, they also checked my card and they assured and guaranteed me, that they have no further details on the transaction and said if there was a code, they would see it.

So total stalemate.

No code = no card verification.

They have my photo, my passport, me holding the passport and a photo of the relevant section of my bank statement, showing their top ups.
    My identity is verified, but my card remains blocked.

Now, they want me to email them a full pdf of my bank statement, which I have no intention of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

It's Bank of Ireland you should be getting annoyed with not Revolut. PTSB show the code no problem.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    It's Bank of Ireland you should be getting annoyed with not Revolut. PTSB show the code no problem.

No it's not, it's Revolut's problem.
    When Paypal etc. verify through BOI, their code shows no problem.

And apart from this "code"

They have already verified who I am, so their only issue is how I top it up.
    The top up is from the card, that has my name on it, comes from the bank account that they have the details of, plus their card has funds for months, that I have made no attempt to spend. :confused:

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for supplying the above documentation. Can you please provide a PDF version of your bank statement showing your top-ups to Revolut. Please ensure that this is a PDF file, and not a screenshot.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Gus

Revolut

Level 39 Tech Hub
    1 Canada Square
    London
    E14 5AB

I agree entirely and told them so.

To increase security, they want all my id's and pdfs of my bank statements sent by email.
    They are having a laugh.

And this is what the statement shows:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for supplying the above documentation. Can you please provide a PDF version of your bank statement showing your top-ups to Revolut. Please ensure that this is a PDF file, and not a screenshot.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Gus

Revolut

Level 39 Tech Hub
    1 Canada Square
    London
    E14 5AB

I agree entirely and told them so.

To increase security, they want all my id's and pdfs of my bank statements sent by email.
    They are having a laugh.

And this is what the statement shows:
    My Oh and I both have Revolut cards topped up from our joint bank account and both have our own separate codes applied to every transaction on statements and online. My understanding is that it's the bank who is responsible for ensuring this information is recorded for the relevant transactions, as they are the ones releasing your funds. On the other hand, if Revolut were responsible for it and didn't provide the necessary code, surely no funds should have been released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

No it's not, it's Revolut's problem.
    When Paypal etc. verify through BOI, their code shows no problem.

And apart from this "code"

They have already verified who I am, so their only issue is how I top it up.
    The top up is from the card, that has my name on it, comes from the bank account that they have the details of, plus their card has funds for months, that I have made no attempt to spend. :confused:

I think the challenge here is that the activity that you attempted is an activity they or their compliance department might think is risky behavior.

Visa Debit - Revolut - Skrill (which allows online gambling activity plus offers their own mastercard).

This could be seen as a risk by them for let's say money laundry compliance.

So they therefore demand the full extend of documentation that they and their compliance department think is needed to ensure that there is nothing going on that should not happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago and am waiting on my card to arrive.

I topped up by €10 yesterday and am still waiting on my €5 bonus. I did use the code on sign-up. I used the in-app chat to query it, but there was absolutely no response, which is not a good sign from a customer service point of view.

I am heading to New York in two weeks and would love to bring this card and load it up as I go along, but I am a little concerned by their support, especially if I were to encounter a problem when abroad and I had a few thousand loaded on the card.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I am heading to New York in two weeks and would love to bring this card and load it up as I go along, but I am a little concerned by their support, especially if I were to encounter a problem when abroad and I had a few thousand loaded on the card.

Don't load a few thousand on the card up front!!!!

Just load onto the card what you need, when you need it. If you don't have mobile internet access in the US, then simply load up x amount each night at your hotel that you think you will need for the next day.

This is also a good security move as if your card is stolen or skimmed, you limit how much money they can steal from the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I believe it has to be £10 not e10 to get a bonus £5

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I believe it has to be £10 not e10 to get a bonus £5

No €10 top up got me the £5 bonus when I registered back in September

Aquos76 wrote:
    No €10 top up got me the £5 bonus when I registered back in September

I dunno, maybe they changed it. Post #1113 was told by customer service it had to be £10

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe they changed it. Post #1113 was told by customer service it had to be £10

That may well be the case so, but I also know I got to more £5 bonus top up when my wife and brother both signed up using my referral code and topped up their accounts by €10. That was as recently as end of November.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That may well be the case so, but I also know I got to more £5 bonus top up when my wife and brother both signed up using my referral code and topped up their accounts by €10. That was as recently as end of November.

The magical mystery of the free £5 :D

I repeat there is NO code. I have the paper statement, there is NO code.
    I have Online Banking, there is NO code.
    I rang Bank of Ireland, they checked my account, they also checked my card and they assured and guaranteed me, that they have no further details on the transaction and said if there was a code, they would see it.

So total stalemate.

No code = no card verification.

They have my photo, my passport, me holding the passport and a photo of the relevant section of my bank statement, showing their top ups.
    My identity is verified, but my card remains blocked.

Now, they want me to email them a full pdf of my bank statement, which I have no intention of doing.

After being on to different support guys for 3 days, I gave up, no progress.

Today, I just typed in to the app "Are you unblocking my card or not ?"

Whoever replied asked for my details, so I replied with my name and phone number and he replied "it's unlocked now" and so it was, took 30 seconds at most. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I be read a couple of post back, a good few of you are having problems. I'm totally new to this, would this replace a BOI MasterCard or not? Might be heading to US in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Invincible

Received the card I'm post today in a snazzy presentation slide holder.

• Advertisement

So is the Revolut card exempt from the new atm charge that came into effect from today? If so, I think a lot of people will now be transferring funds to their Revolut card and withdrawing it from there then.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So is the Revolut card exempt from the new atm charge that came into effect from today? If so, I think a lot of people will now be transferring funds to their Revolut card and withdrawing it from there then.

That shouldn't bother anyone at all. It's just the same as ever except you can now save money if you wish.

There's a cap of €5 per year, which is pretty much the same as the €5 fixed charged there was before.

I'm open to correction but that's my understanding of things.

But to answer your question, it should be free of charges on revolut because it's a UK registered card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

TSB have taken €5 off me for my debit card so it looks like the charges are still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

We won't know if Revolut or off-shore accounts are exempt until the end of January 2017, when this years charges will be taken from your account and inserted into anyone but Enda's account.

bromley52 wrote: »
    TSB have taken €5 off me for my debit card so it looks like the charges are still there.

- Last year of this -next time each cash atm withdrawal multiply by 12 cent and max charge €5.

Incidentally if you only use a basic atm the max charge is €2.50.

It's all nonsense but then this is Ireland that we live in.

Personally I'll take my chances withdrawing with the Revolut card or maybe number26 when I can take out €2,500 at an atm in one withdrawal.

The 12 cent charge hits people on low income more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

Delta2113 wrote: »
    The 12 cent charge hits people on low income more.

But it's an improvement for people who don't use the ATM a lot, and pay by card.

People will be able to get 'cashback' in shops and pubs and avoid the 12 cent charge apart from trying Revolut - I'll probably do this myself with my PTSB Visa Debit card.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bromley52 wrote: »

That was for 2015. It was payable on any ATM/debit cards active on acounts on December 31st that were used during 2015. The new charging structure started January 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Quackster wrote: »
    That was for 2015. It was payable on any ATM/debit cards active on acounts on December 31st that were used during 2015. The new charging structure started January 1st.

So would the 12 cent tax be deducted right after the ATM transaction or will bank's wait until you hit the maximum charge or end of the year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

OMG we will have to pay 12c to use a ATM instead of paying the yearly 5 euro charge for our card .....

I can count on one hand the amount of times i have used a ATM in the last year. The countless payment has been the best thing ever they have brought in mist pubs and nightclubs now take countless so much handyer then having loads of cash with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement