Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

So would the 12 cent tax be deducted right after the ATM transaction or will bank's wait until you hit the maximum charge or end of the year?

Someone asked AIB on their talk to forum, they said the 12 cent charges will be charged in 13 months, and every end of January from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Can you verify with a Learners Permit or do you need a full licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Can you verify with a Learners Permit or do you need a full licence?

Neither.

Passport or EU Identity card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Revolut are forcing me to verify now even tho I'm only 50% towards my limit.

I just did it with my drivers licence, it seemed to go through okay but when I was about to take the PIC of my face it went through when I was moving the camera towards me. Guess I'll have to wait until they email me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Whats the limit anyway on Revolut ?.

Have put 30 euros into my card so far over the past few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Neither.

Passport or EU Identity card.

Not true, i used my full license

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I think this weekend might have been a fluke in the system because right now the rates match xe.

I can see this on their terms and conditions:

"9.5 Revolut Services will make every effort to provide you with the best possible FX rates – interbank rates. However, in certain circumstances it is not possible due to FX market being closed, e.g. weekends or holidays. In such cases Revolut Services might provide FX rates different from the last closed price to reflect a possible price gap on the market open."

Conclusion: Avoid as much as possible using the card during the weekend, as the FX rate will certainly be bad compared to the normal days.

Whats the limit anyway on Revolut ?.

Meant to be 1500 before you need to verify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Meant to be 1500 before you need to verify

Be years before i reach that anyway.

Thanks Miskyboyy

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not true, i used my full license

As did I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I suspect Yggr of Asgard is thinking of Number26 -forgive me if I'm wrong.
    Passport or Full Driving Licence will do although I found using the Passport on the app was a bit easier to get the 4 corners green -still took me 20-30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Has anyone else had phone calls from revolut? I had a couple missed UK calls awhile back that I didn't answer. I then got an email from them saying it was a compliance officer asking about the nature of my payments. Now to be fair I had a good few payments from a few people as I used revolut to sell some items on adverts. But its kinda frightened the crap out of me and haven't used it since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

Has anyone else had phone calls from revolut? I had a couple missed UK calls awhile back that I didn't answer. I then got an email from them saying it was a compliance officer asking about the nature of my payments. Now to be fair I had a good few payments from a few people as I used revolut to sell some items on adverts. But its kinda frightened the crap out of me and haven't used it since!

was the number a london number?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is your account verified, I've received payments from about 20 different users here on boards, I organised 2 group buys for media boxes before Christmas, I've definitely put up a few grand worth of transactions since September and I haven't had a single call from anyone at Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is your account verified, I've received payments from about 20 different users here on boards, I organised 2 group buys for media boxes before Christmas, I've definitely put up a few grand worth of transactions since September and I haven't had a single call from anyone at Revolut.

Yes account is verified with passport. I verified my card also giving 4 digit code to support. Think I have around 2 grand transferred to me from different people. Maybe it's because I withdrew the money quickly. I know that with PayPal, they have bots checking all that type of stuff for 'suspicious' activity freezing accounts.
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    was the number a london number?

Just know it was a UK number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

The £5 reward for signing up new people is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭robnet77

...is anyone using Revolut to pay on Amazon/eBay?

I read three or four random pages of this thread but found nothing about it.

Also, did the people who planned to visit the US (early in this thread) get the benefits they expected, after all?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

robnet77 wrote: »

Yep, I use it all the time on amazon
    Also, did the people who planned to visit the US (early in this thread) get the benefits they expected, after all?

Thanks.

Have used it in NYC and Las Vegas, love it. Much better value than rates my bank/bureau de change were offering, and the instant transaction feedback on the app is great for keeping track.

robnet77 wrote:

Yes I've used it on both Amazon & eBay via PayPal multiple times with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Does anyone know if I can top up my card from another prepaid mastercard ? I asked on the chat and they advised me to swipe left and add card but it also said in the T&C's that prepaid cards are not supported.

Also I am getting a black screen while trying to verify my account with my passport. Anyone getting this error ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Just got this when I type in my credit card number to top up it says "Credit Cards and not accepted"? Did I read here somewhere this was possible or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Just got this when I type in my credit card number to top up it says Credit Cards and not accepted? Did I need read here somewhere this was possible or am I missing something?

They took away topping up from a credit card a while ago, you now can only top via a debit card or bank transfer (from your own bank account).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just got this when I type in my credit card number to top up it says Credit Cards and not accepted? Did I need read here somewhere this was possible or am I missing something?

Can't top up with credit cards anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Will this work at ATMs and Stores in Canada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How long has it taken a withdrawl to hit yere bank accounts? Withdrew euros on Saturday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

How long has it taken a withdrawl to hit yere bank accounts? Withdrew euros on Saturday night

Have withdrew 5 or 6 times, always a max of 3 working days for me
    Will this work at ATMs and Stores in Canada

Any ATM/terminal that accepts mastercard - hard pushed to find ones that don't in my experience. Should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Are there any charges from the receiving bank for a sterling transfer ( Revolut euro/sterling conversion then transferred to Ulster Bank NI)?

Companies such as CurrencyFair use the CHAPS system and Ulster Bank NI charges a £6 fee to receive funds by this method. Do Revolut use this system or similar?

TIA

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've been using Revolut for loads of online purchases with Amazon, etc. over the last few months, however I used the card to withdraw cash from the ATM today and damn I'm impressed!!

I got a notification of the withdrawal on my phone before the money even came out of the ATM machine!! Seriously, I had the phone in my hand, I'm seriously impressed.

Revolut and Number26 are definitely the future of banking and the Irish banks (in particular PTSB with their terrible Apps) better get in shape or they will lose a lot of business to these awesome services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Same as that. I purchased something in the states and i got a notification almost immediately. The receipt had not even printed on the till printer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Bit late to this thread..
    Anyone have problems installing the app? Play store says 'this app is incompatible with your device'

Not sure if it's the age of my phone (HTC Desire S), or the fact that it's rooted, which I noticed people saying was a problem earlier on the thread?

Is there any way around this anyone know (apart from getting a decent phone!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement